Most embarassing act at a gym?

Options
MrTolerable
MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
So yesterday, I'm at the gym doing leg lifts with a medicine ball - and the area in my gym to do ab work is right in front of where all the attractive women are doing cardio...

After 10 reps the ball - (8lbs) drops from my legs and smacks me right in the head in front of everyone - who all proceeded to laugh and laugh.

- I laugh with them, and continue on like nothing happened and was a bit embarrassed.

Having done a great deal of squats and the smith machine, my legs were beat, so as I'm walking up the steps to leave the gym in front of a few of the same people who saw the ball drop - I then tripped and fell down every stair on my way out.

-_- I didn't laugh that one off.

Anyone have a more embarrassing story to make me feeel better and for me to laugh at you? XD

Replies

• Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I stood up once during lat pull-downs and clonked myself on the head with the bar. I have also falling off the treadmill during my warm-up due to texting. Ill never text and walk again.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I stood up once during lat pull-downs and clonked myself on the head with the bar. I have also falling off the treadmill during my warm-up due to texting. Ill never text and walk again.

lolz that is funny!!

however part 1 sounds very painful.. *o*
  • eleanoraus
    eleanoraus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    oh god, don't get me started on embarassing stories...

I managed (don't ask me how, it remains a mystery to me) to get my foot caught up in the moving parts of a cross trainer... I'm sure you can imagine how much fun that was, at least my best friend thought my dramatic fall was hilarious while I was lying on the floor, limbs akimbo.

My gym has treadmills on a sort of platform so they are a little higher off the ground, I had a hoodie tied around my waist as i walked past them one day, and edge of it got caught in someone else's treadmill and pulled me down so i faceplanted the treadmill and she fell backwards over me. Very embarassing, but thankfully she and I were okay.

There are more, but I think those are the most embarassing haha
  • toconeledoux
    toconeledoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    During my first kick-boxing class I decided that this class wasn't for me and I was going to sneak out and jump on the treadmill. Well on my way out I maneuvered myself directly in the pathway of an experienced "kicker" and got myself kicked in the ribs. Everyone knew I had quit. (they assigned me to the spin bike nearest the door the following day...just in case)
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    oh god, don't get me started on embarassing stories...

I managed (don't ask me how, it remains a mystery to me) to get my foot caught up in the moving parts of a cross trainer... I'm sure you can imagine how much fun that was, at least my best friend thought my dramatic fall was hilarious while I was lying on the floor, limbs akimbo.

My gym has treadmills on a sort of platform so they are a little higher off the ground, I had a hoodie tied around my waist as i walked past them one day, and edge of it got caught in someone else's treadmill and pulled me down so i faceplanted the treadmill and she fell backwards over me. Very embarassing, but thankfully she and I were okay.

There are more, but I think those are the most embarassing haha

omg! once again part 2 sounds soo painful! but +1 since it involved someone else as well XD
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    straining to pick up a weight and 'pooting' :ohwell:
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....I was warming up for an upper body day with a 32lb kettlebell and totally missed when I passed it to my other hand and threw it. That was pretty funny. I was laughing at that and surprisingly not embarrassed. Yours sound way worse though. Falling down the stairs sound painful. Glad you're okay!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    During my first kick-boxing class I decided that this class wasn't for me and I was going to sneak out and jump on the treadmill. Well on my way out I maneuvered myself directly in the pathway of an experienced "kicker" and got myself kicked in the ribs. Everyone knew I had quit. (they assigned me to the spin bike nearest the door the following day...just in case)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sorry about the kick to the ribs but I can't quit laughing!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Hmmmm....I was warming up for an upper body day with a 32lb kettlebell and totally missed when I passed it to my other hand and threw it. That was pretty funny. I was laughing at that and surprisingly not embarrassed. Yours sound way worse though. Falling down the stairs sound painful. Glad you're okay!

lmao!! that had to be a loud bang!

and thanks, luckily it was only my ego was what was bleeding out :P
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    Can't say my embarrassing moments were ever very funny. Signed up for a fitness class, making damn sure it was for absolute beginners. Couldn't keep up even with a warm-up at that point. Think embarrassment was the only reason I stayed for the whole thing. Didn't go to that class again (about 2 years ago). But the worst was when I decided to actually do a bit of weights instead of horrible, horrible cardio (this was about 3 weeks ago), and it felt pretty good. But after the circuit I went to the water cooler to get a drink and couldn't even get a cup out. My arms were shaking so much I pulled like 5 out at once. Then I tried to put them back, which was even worse. And trying to actually get some water in was more difficult than the workout :(

Lesson learnt, now I bring my own bottle :D
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Last week I was gathering my stuff after lifting and didn't realize how close I was standing to the squat rack. As I stood up I hit the back of my head on the weight bar. It was so loud three people ran over to see if I was ok. Ended up with a concussion!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    As i was attempting some plyo box jumps, I didnt quite make it far enough onto the box. As I started to fall hard and without grace, the box decided to follow with the opposite edge of the box slamming into my shins.

I got so sick at my first group/personal training workout, not only did i puke in front of the group but i was so overheated and dizzy the trainer had to go get ice water and dump it on me before i could drive home.

Finally, not at the gym but always funny. I play coed softball often and every now and then as i'm running the bases , i misstep and fall right in the middle of the baseline.... No one around me, all on my own, face first in the clay, i then proceeded to crawl to the bag and promptly ask for a runner. ( we call this getting snipered ) lol
  • helen8328
    helen8328 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was squatting with 60kg on my back the other week when a bumble bee flew into my face. I instinctively ran backwards a couple of steps and nearly knocked someone out. They were defiantly NOT impressed lol
  • trishaisabel
    Options

LOL. this reminds me of the time i punched myself in the face while attempting an upper cut during boxing class. to this day i still don't understand how i managed to do that. it was a very embarrassing moment for me
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had been running on the treadmill for a good while, I reached over for a quick drink and my towel to wipe the sweat from my face. As I put the towel back the person on the treadmill next to me - who happened to be a very attractive man - says "I think those are yours" pointing down at a pair of lace underwear that conveniently fell right between our treadmills. I was mortified.

From that day on I made sure to always, ALWAYS check my towels when I take them out of the dryer to ensure no underwear get folded with them.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was squating this morning, and farted pretty loud. I usually embarrass myself everyday :(
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Not in order fo preference, obviously ... :bigsmile:

1. Barbell chin hit during push-press, standing at first line, the moment the instructor said - "Elbows down - just as she does it!!" Pointing at me ...

2. being told off for doing s*x noises while doing plank ... the guy actually moved away from me to finish his set...

3. fall off treadmill the moment I saw the instructor I had a crush on passing by ... painful as well as embarrasing!

4. Self punch myself with an upper-cut during body combat class ... :drinker:
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had been running on the treadmill for a good while, I reached over for a quick drink and my towel to wipe the sweat from my face. As I put the towel back the person on the treadmill next to me - who happened to be a very attractive man - says "I think those are yours" pointing down at a pair of lace underwear that conveniently fell right between our treadmills. I was mortified.

From that day on I made sure to always, ALWAYS check my towels when I take them out of the dryer to ensure no underwear get folded with them.

Haha, good one there!

Don't be embarrassed, but proud.

But if they were granny-panties...then you'd have a reason to be embarrassed!
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I once saw a guy get his pants pulled down while on pull up machine and fully extended
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    2. being told off for doing s*x noises while doing plank ... the guy actually moved away from me to finish his set...

[/quote]good one