Craziest race you have ever run?

Options
13»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just read about this one in Running Magazine. You spend more time driving than running.

R2C19_Banner.jpg

heh.

I've been looking at doing some races this year maybe- perhaps- I have dance commitments though- not sure I have time for power lifting- dancing and races. Which makes me a sad panda. I want to do ALL THE THINGS!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Bat'aan Death March Memorial Marathon- we competed as light military and ran/yogged/walked the event with a team of 6

That is on my bucket list...living in NM, how could it not be? I was going to actually do it this passed March but I injured myself late fall/early winter last year and I haven't even been able to jog until about 2 weeks ago. My buddy who I was going to do it with also ended up having surgery on both of his shoulders in January. We both have it on the agenda for next spring though....
  • molbeers
    molbeers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did my first 5 k in April and it was a Zombie Race. Mud, several obstacles, and of course Zombies. At the end you got a free beer (and could buy plenty more) and there was a huge BBQ. Pretty cool experience.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The Zombie Buffet. Runners could sign up as either survivors or infected zoms, or join the pool of TBD runners for a 'special infected'dog tag. We joined the pool and lickily got selected to be zombies. Costumes were encouraged and almost everyone in both camps got really into it. Survivors wore flags that zombies tried to pull off. If the survivor crossed the finsih line with any flags remaining they lived, if not the were condsidered turned at the point they lost their last one. Aid stations were also 'conversion centers' where those turned could get made into a basic zom and begin trying for flags.

Zombies and survivors begin at differnt starting points and the course merged about .5 miles in. The connection point was complete pnadamonium and a casual observer migh t have thought it was a scene from 28 Days Later. It really did spur one's predatory / survival instincts as the runners sprinted to evade being caugth and the zoms tried to run them down. Good times!
  • Cousin_Eddie_
    Options
    I was wondering about some of the crazy/off the wall races people have run. I am signed up for a 5k Donut Dash this Saturday...you run half of a 5k, stop and eat a dozen glazed donuts, then run the other half of the race. I can't wait.

What are the craziest races any of you have ever run?

This actually sounds amazing omg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The Beer Mile (my local running/triathlon group organizes one every year).
    Ok, so I ran as part of a team, that **** is hard!
    http://www.beermile.com/

The second would be leg 10 of this relay.
    http://eastcoastrunning.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/why-you-need-to-run-cabot-trail-relay/
    The leg climbs 385 m (1263 ft) over 6.2 km. Total distance for the leg is 14.7 km.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bat'aan Death March Memorial Marathon- we competed as light military and ran/yogged/walked the event with a team of 6

That is on my bucket list...living in NM, how could it not be? I was going to actually do it this passed March but I injured myself late fall/early winter last year and I haven't even been able to jog until about 2 weeks ago. My buddy who I was going to do it with also ended up having surgery on both of his shoulders in January. We both have it on the agenda for next spring though....

my bestie is deployed currently- we did it together originally- I'm considering asking her to train for it while she is deployed and we will do it when she gets back.
    It's worth doing for a lot of reasons.