Most embarassing act at a gym?

Options

Replies

• skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    back in the day (im old I say this now fml) when portable disc players were around, I was running and with every step the cd player inched towards falling off the treadmill shelf thing, when it finally decided to drop I went to catch it but anyways , the head phone cords somehow wrapped around the handles and disc part went flying , my arm hit it and it flew to poor sod on the treadmill next me, we both then flew off ....
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    I had been running on the treadmill for a good while, I reached over for a quick drink and my towel to wipe the sweat from my face. As I put the towel back the person on the treadmill next to me - who happened to be a very attractive man - says "I think those are yours" pointing down at a pair of lace underwear that conveniently fell right between our treadmills. I was mortified.

From that day on I made sure to always, ALWAYS check my towels when I take them out of the dryer to ensure no underwear get folded with them.

Hahahah!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I've hit my head on the barbell before

dropped a weight on my foot

but my FAVORITE,

when I peed myself squatting (I blame the kids, they wrecked me)
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did the whole almost falling off the treadmill while I was asking my friend something.
    Not out on the floor related, but I did have to take a poop while at the gym. Which to me, is embarrassing. I felt like I was in high school all over again...
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was doing squats once when my shorts ripped from groin to *kitten*. Needless to say, I was embarrassed but luckily for me, I keep a spare pair of shorts in my bag in case something like that ever happens (I'm quite self-conscious like that) so I put them on and it didn't happen.
  • Manic5781
    Manic5781 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Falling asleep on a machine and waking up with one of those jumping motions like someone scared you but they didn't. Yeah, no bueno.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I completed an entire yoga class in the front row, since I was one of the more advanced students, the instructor had asked me to be in front so the new students could follow. I noticed after class that no one would make eye contact with me. "Your epic wheel and handstand intimidates them," I thought to myself.

NOPE! Turns out there was a sizable hole right in the seat of my pants. I only noticed when I got home, and stated taking the pants off to shower. I put them back on, bent over in front of a mirror and saw the problem: the entire class had basically given me a pelvic exam.

I never went back.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    After running 4 miles, I started doing weighted lunges... Fell over flat on my back in front of all the guys lifting.... Layer there for a minute, stood up laughing as they were pointing and laughing and took a bow and went on about my business
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Falling asleep on a machine and waking up with one of those jumping motions like someone scared you but they didn't. Yeah, no bueno.
    Lmao, I fell asleep at the leg press plenty of times!!!
  • juhnell2610
    juhnell2610 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had been running on the treadmill for a good while, I reached over for a quick drink and my towel to wipe the sweat from my face. As I put the towel back the person on the treadmill next to me - who happened to be a very attractive man - says "I think those are yours" pointing down at a pair of lace underwear that conveniently fell right between our treadmills. I was mortified.

From that day on I made sure to always, ALWAYS check my towels when I take them out of the dryer to ensure no underwear get folded with them.

ahahah amazing!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I've hit my head on the barbell before

dropped a weight on my foot

but my FAVORITE,

when I peed myself squatting (I blame the kids, they wrecked me)

I know the feeling. I peed a little pulling my 335 deadlift PR... A pantiliner was my only saving grace!

ETA: This was in school and not at the gym. I was playing tackle football with a large group of guys and our school principle. I slid on the wet grass and did the splits, it ripped my pants from the zipper on the front, all the way up the back of the *kitten*. I wrapped myself in 2 other kids' sweaters and waddle to the nurse so she could call my mom to bring me pants.

I did this again playing paintball with a group of kids I went to church with later that year.
  • juhnell2610
    juhnell2610 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    After running 4 miles, I started doing weighted lunges... Fell over flat on my back in front of all the guys lifting.... Layer there for a minute, stood up laughing as they were pointing and laughing and took a bow and went on about my business

epic save
  • stothedonia09
    stothedonia09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today, I didn't realize that the volume on my phone was at full blast, and I put the music on and scared the crap out of myself while almost falling off the treadmill. hahaha
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

One day I was running on the treadmill and I had yoga pants on. I felt a lump on the back of my leg, so I pulled my pant leg up to see what it was, and it was a pair of my underwear. So I stuffed them back in my pants, and kept running. I am pretty sure 20ish people saw too.

sneaky underwear I tell ya! :laugh:

I go to an early morning yoga class on Saturdays. One day I was running really far behind and I grabbed by tank top, pants, and towel out of the dryer and threw them on then out the door I went. I got there and rolled out my towel to find THREE pairs of underwear, I thought no big deal no one really saw (maybe a couple people but whatever). Then shortly into class my instructor nonchalantly grabbed a pair that had apparently stuck to my back due to static, that may have been more noticed.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I think weekly I hit my head on the bar in the squat rack while putting the weights back. Between music and putting all the plates back I kinda get lost in my own world. I have hit my head on the lat pull down bar before as well. All in good fun though! Worst thing I saw was someone pass out and take a header off the dumbbell rack!

Yup--weekly occurrence for me as well! Happens so often I didn't even think of that as a #gymfail LOL
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Stepped on a treadmill someone forgot to turn off. I still have a scar on my knee.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    the list is endless lol but more stupid ****e than dropping weights

*fell off a cross trainer
    * tripped over my iphone headphones when my iphone dropped off the treadmil and royally stacked it
    *went to train outside on my gyms balcony and went to a window thinking it was a door and tried finding a handle
    * ran into the door thinking it was opened (it was dark)

and the worst just signed at a new gym and had a good leg session the day before and misjudged my step from the front reception area to a full display of people doing weights and tripped really badly my mate couldn't stop laughing and the trainer was like I feel so bad but so funny.

Hey at least they all know me now right haha :)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I guess I'll confess too:

- I farted more than once (different days) while doing squats in the male dominated free weights section. It got a few laughs, chuckles and weird looks.

- My legs were still Gumby feeling one day, so when I went to step on elliptical, I misjudged my footing and one of the foot rests circled up fast and nailed me in my chin. HARD. I keeled over in pain and practically crawled back to the locker room.

-I was spotting a guy on the bench press and he started building a tent...when he needed my assistance I was slack jawed, still staring at it.
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pulling out a front weggie infront of some weird glass you can only see out of ......... Not into. Whups!
  • live2run95
    live2run95 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me at the gym was probably when I fainted while running on the treadmill.