What do women really want from a relationship?

Options

Replies

• CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Make me laugh, make me come, make me food.

Simples.
    so like a penis cake will do?

The penis cake is apparently my perfect man.

..but is it...ah...hard enough to be fully satisfying?
    well we can fix it for your request..........hard enough to keep form but soft and tasty enough to be put in the mouth. =)

In that case..I approve. Continue with the Penis Cake.

Hot Penis Cake with Melted Chocolate.
    ETA forgot to add booze.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow..you can tell by the responses in what age group people fall.

In my 20's I wanted attention, sex, fun.

In my early 30's I didn't want a man they had ticked me off enough I was done with them...so I concentrated on my career, my son and got my life in order as I didn't expect to get married or be in a long term relationship ever.

In my mid 30's I just wanted a FWB...no drama, no cling a man who was independent that had no kids and could come and go as he pleased as when I called he'd best be available...I figured out I would need 3 at least to cover my "needs" when they needed covered.

I got what I wanted in my mid 30's but gd it...I ended up marrying him...he is like 3 men....:laugh: :blushing: :laugh: and as an "older" woman he covers my needs quite well and is a great partner...

I want from my relationship the following in no particular order:

adequate sex (and yes that is more than once a week...jeez I get cranky if that's all I get)
    fun (doesn't have to be bungee jumping or sky diving every week) just fun
    no drama...
    normal life
    trust and honesty and communication...which means he can comment on an attractive woman he see and I don't care and I can do the same...we can tell each other anything without recrimination or judgement and if either one of us is ticked we don't talk code we tell each other what's up and what the other needs to do to fix it.
    No jealousy...that has no place in my life...
    he has to clean the cat litter, mow the lawn, take the garbage, shovel the snow, till the garden (you know man work) and he has to accept that I do the house cleaning, laundry and most of the cooking...
    a good Dad since I do have a child and a son at that who isn't young, he was a teenager when I finally got married....

so basically a FWB but mine lives with me, married me (and yes he's younger and doesn't care about my weight/age etc).
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    This is not a gender issue, it's a human issue...I think you should just ask people when you are in a relationship what their expectations are. Not all women are the same.
    That's pretty much what I said too.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Sex, food, and booze?

I thought thats what guys wanted?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Money.

....has nobody said that yet? :D
    Well, on the previous page I said I really don't ask for it, I'm low-maintenance. And I do have a pay check of my own, possibly better than yours. Since you're frank enough to bring money up for discussion.

What's wrong with being frank?

There probably wouldn't be a relationship in the first places if the income were below some particular level. Everything that comes after is secondary. Seems like it should be a factor rather than something we're all politely not mentioning.
  • JT_Texas
    JT_Texas Posts: 9
    Options

You're right, but that is what I was looking for, a wide range of answers from different age groups to see what was/is important.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On which day? At which time?

If you get the definitive answer to this, write a book - You'll make a fortune!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

In my 20's I wanted attention, sex, fun.

In my early 30's I didn't want a man they had ticked me off enough I was done with them...so I concentrated on my career, my son and got my life in order as I didn't expect to get married or be in a long term relationship ever.

In my mid 30's I just wanted a FWB...no drama, no cling a man who was independent that had no kids and could come and go as he pleased as when I called he'd best be available...I figured out I would need 3 at least to cover my "needs" when they needed covered.

I got what I wanted in my mid 30's but gd it...I ended up marrying him...he is like 3 men....:laugh: :blushing: :laugh: and as an "older" woman he covers my needs quite well and is a great partner...

I want from my relationship the following in no particular order:

adequate sex (and yes that is more than once a week...jeez I get cranky if that's all I get)
    fun (doesn't have to be bungee jumping or sky diving every week) just fun
    no drama...
    normal life
    trust and honesty and communication...which means he can comment on an attractive woman he see and I don't care and I can do the same...we can tell each other anything without recrimination or judgement and if either one of us is ticked we don't talk code we tell each other what's up and what the other needs to do to fix it.
    No jealousy...that has no place in my life...
    he has to clean the cat litter, mow the lawn, take the garbage, shovel the snow, till the garden (you know man work) and he has to accept that I do the house cleaning, laundry and most of the cooking...
    a good Dad since I do have a child and a son at that who isn't young, he was a teenager when I finally got married....

so basically a FWB but mine lives with me, married me (and yes he's younger and doesn't care about my weight/age etc).
    Heh, basically what I said :D I wouldn't say it's an age issue, but rather how mature people are. I'm 35, but compared to some 60-yos wiser, some 20-yos less wise.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I've said before that I saw an interview with an elderly, longtime married couple and they said the secret to their marriage is respect, support and never hold a grudge. I think that is so important for any relationship no matter how old you are. However with life and experience you do gain more wisdom about what really matters and do learn to pick battles (usually, not always).

There are obviously more things that matter. Passion, humor, friendship...but if the respect is not there...those things won't last long. On both sides. If a guy treats me right, my libido is nonstop! lol!

And I don't need perfect. I don't think it exists. I just want a best friend at this point. Someone to share this crazy life with and be true partners in crime until the end! :) With a lot of laughing!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Make me laugh, make me come, make me food.

Simples.
    so like a penis cake will do?

The penis cake is apparently my perfect man.

:laugh:
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Money.

Well, on the previous page I said I really don't ask for it, I'm low-maintenance. And I do have a pay check of my own, possibly better than yours. Since you're frank enough to bring money up for discussion.

There probably wouldn't be a relationship in the first places if the income were below some particular level. Everything that comes after is secondary. Seems like it should be a factor rather than something we're all politely not mentioning.
    Nothing's wrong with frank. I love that and in fact can't stand when there's something on people's minds but they refuse to cough it up. They keep a situation in limbo rather than do their best to solve it and move on. And money is a real issue in many partnerships; I think it definitely should be discussed. At this point I wouldn't commit to someone, no matter how much I loved him, if we didn't see eye to eye on how to manage household finances.

(What I meant with the being frank was how my paycheck might be better; some men seem incapable of handling such a situation, which usually includes their woman having a "better" career compared to theirs, like it somehow "demasculinisises" them.)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What I have come realise is the more I focus on what I can give, rather than what I want, the better my relationship with my partner becomes naturally.
    So thats what I focus on now, and it has led to a very happy, fun, secure, loving and drama free relationship :flowerforyou:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Failed to quote
  • ZoroDUssop
    ZoroDUssop Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 20 and the biggest thing for me is:
    Respect for me and the female gender, someone I can debate with on current topics and to not get angry with, conversation, trust, a great sense of humour and playfulness, an active sex life and friendship. My boyfriend is my best friend, he lights up my life and we never seem to fight. :) I couldn't be happier with anybody else!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    What I have come realise is the more I focus on what I can give, rather than what I want, the better my relationship with my partner becomes naturally.
    So thats what I focus on now, and it has led to a very happy, fun, secure, loving and drama free relationship :flowerforyou:
    Lucky you not to have an energy suck for a partner. Your strategy was mine, but he was a narcissist.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Money.

First time for love and if there must be a second time, then for money. :smokin:

Words my mother lives by lol
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sex, food, and booze?

You forgot rock-n-roll
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Money.

really? when I met my husband he was making far less than me...probably 20k less a year...I didn't care.

Would I have cared in my 20's yup but that's where I say age has an impact.

At 35 I had bought my own house, had a new car and was living a great life and didn't "need" a man in my life to cover my bills I did that just fine on my own...I only wanted "some" in my life for fun and well sex....

But that is why my husband is now my husband...he saw a very independent woman who wasn't going to cling, demand attention and require him to take care of her...I took care of myself and my son very well.

so is money important? depends on the woman..

PS he doesn't make less now...I encouraged him to make a career move and he is so glad I did as he is in a career he loves now and makes more than me...
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    BRO DO YOU EVEN COSMO?
  • JT_Texas
    JT_Texas Posts: 9
    Options
    BRO DO YOU EVEN COSMO?

No, I am not interested in what COSMO says, I want to hear from real people with varying degrees of education, age, income, and marital status.

P.S. Openly admitting that you read COSMO could be grounds to revoke your man card. :laugh: