Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I also have more then 100 pounds to get rid of to get to my goal weight, my son just turned one and I am determined to get in shape this time! Over the years I have gotten rid of the weight in fairly unhealthy ways and it has always came back (usually gained a lot more in fact) but I am determined to set a good example for my son and I want him to be proud of his mommy and I know that if I keep going the way I am, I wont be able to be there for him. So I am ready to make the big change :) Good luck everyone!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I feel like the odd man out here, I am 5'11"! AJ, I have lost a lot in the past and also not in very healthy ways and gained all + more back as well. I know this has to be a lifestyle change. I have probably tried every OTC diet pill there is and felt like crap afterwards. Tracking calories really does work! Good luck to everyone!

On a side note, this is my first week getting back into tracking and working out since the holidays (really wasn't tracking calories for a few months and it shows), but low and behold it coincides with my TOM. Tomorrow is supposed to be my first weigh in and am I not sure how it will actually go :(
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

My name is Christy and I am from Hueytown, Alabama...i have one 4 year old daughter....my hubby and i have been together for 10 years now, married 6 of those years. I am 27 years old, about to be 28 Jan 19th. I have 120LBS to lose. I know i can do this! I lost 50LBS 2 years ago but gained all of it back :( I really really really need support....Please add me as a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do this together

OH and my hubby and i are also trying for our 2nd child...but that is not going to stop me from trying to lose this weight :D
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Good Morning to you all on this thread! I hope you don't mind but I thought I would check back in and see how eacn and every one of you are doing today. This subject is so close to my heart because I was there, (here) just one year ago. So I can relate to each of you. If I can I would like to support you and help you all, in any way that I can as I am doing this myself.

Someone had said to break it down, month by month, and don't look at the big pictures. That is just awesome advice. I did that. I DID not dwell on where I want to be when. I thought about it week to week, month to month. In the beginning, first several months, I lost about 7-8 pounds per month and if you are dedicated to eating right, staying within your calories, and exercising, you will lose about that, too. The bigger you are the more that comes off in the beginning. Now, the last two months have slown down a lot but that is because I was at 80 something lost and in the last month 90 something lost. When you get to that number you have to work really hard at it, but by that time it is EASIER to work really hard at it.

I can tell you all that the end result is going to be so fabulous. You will feel so wonderful and will have such a different look on life. Stay with this. It is going to be hard, don't think that it won't, but it will be the best "hard" thing you have done and will be one of the proudest things you have ever done. I really believe I am a much happier person, today, than I was one year ago today. I smile a lot more, I am able to let things roll off of my back more easily, and I just have a different outlook on things.

You go everyone. IT IS ACHIEVABLE, I am living proof and I can cheer you on every step of the way.

This is practically my story:) I have tried to loose weight over and over again, but a year ago almost to the day I hit my biggest low and it ended up saving me. My sister asked me to be the matron of honor in her wedding and I went to try on dresses. I was in a room with mirrors on every wall and tiny little bridesmaids next to me. How could I have been in such denial for sooo long? I always knew I was overweight, but had no idea that I looked like THIS!!! I changed my life that day. My goal was to loose 95lbs (100lbs from my heaviest) and see how I felt from there. Sissy's wedding was 9mos away and my only real goal for that day was to need my dress taken in CONSIDERABLY;). I ordered a 22...had to reorder a 14...Had the 14 taken in to a 12...and by the big day, I had to have the dress pinned on me to hold it up. I am 14lbs from my goal and I feel GREAT! Everyone comments on how much I have changed as far as my personality, being happy, so confident. If I can do this ANYONE CAN!!! I'm here to help in any way I can...I've been there/done that. You CAN do this-WE can do this!!! It is a lot of work, but sooooooo worth it and it turns into a way of life. I will NEVER be the person I was a year ago-I don't miss her at all.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Good Morning to you all on this thread! I hope you don't mind but I thought I would check back in and see how eacn and every one of you are doing today. This subject is so close to my heart because I was there, (here) just one year ago. So I can relate to each of you. If I can I would like to support you and help you all, in any way that I can as I am doing this myself.

Someone had said to break it down, month by month, and don't look at the big pictures. That is just awesome advice. I did that. I DID not dwell on where I want to be when. I thought about it week to week, month to month. In the beginning, first several months, I lost about 7-8 pounds per month and if you are dedicated to eating right, staying within your calories, and exercising, you will lose about that, too. The bigger you are the more that comes off in the beginning. Now, the last two months have slown down a lot but that is because I was at 80 something lost and in the last month 90 something lost. When you get to that number you have to work really hard at it, but by that time it is EASIER to work really hard at it.

I can tell you all that the end result is going to be so fabulous. You will feel so wonderful and will have such a different look on life. Stay with this. It is going to be hard, don't think that it won't, but it will be the best "hard" thing you have done and will be one of the proudest things you have ever done. I really believe I am a much happier person, today, than I was one year ago today. I smile a lot more, I am able to let things roll off of my back more easily, and I just have a different outlook on things.

You go everyone. IT IS ACHIEVABLE, I am living proof and I can cheer you on every step of the way.

This is practically my story:) I have tried to loose weight over and over again, but a year ago almost to the day I hit my biggest low and it ended up saving me. My sister asked me to be the matron of honor in her wedding and I went to try on dresses. I was in a room with mirrors on every wall and tiny little bridesmaids next to me. How could I have been in such denial for sooo long? I always knew I was overweight, but had no idea that I looked like THIS!!! I changed my life that day. My goal was to loose 95lbs (100lbs from my heaviest) and see how I felt from there. Sissy's wedding was 9mos away and my only real goal for that day was to need my dress taken in CONSIDERABLY;). I ordered a 22...had to reorder a 14...Had the 14 taken in to a 12...and by the big day, I had to have the dress pinned on me to hold it up. I am 14lbs from my goal and I feel GREAT! Everyone comments on how much I have changed as far as my personality, being happy, so confident. If I can do this ANYONE CAN!!! I'm here to help in any way I can...I've been there/done that. You CAN do this-WE can do this!!! It is a lot of work, but sooooooo worth it and it turns into a way of life. I will NEVER be the person I was a year ago-I don't miss her at all.

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories! they are both very encouraging!!
  • coachniquenya
    coachniquenya Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 33 and also looking to lose at least 100 pounds if not more. I am currently at 244 as of this morning's weigh-in and I'm trying to get down to at least a 145. I'm in Chicago.
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We can do this!! all it takes is dedication and more importantly, the support to do so!

This is SO true!! We CAN do this! With dedication and support. I love everyone's support on here!

I also have over 100 to lose. Ideally, 200!!! but I am doing it, one day at a time.

Good Luck Everyone with your weight loss. add me if you want :) always looking for more MFP Friends!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories! they are both very encouraging!!

I agree!! Welcome everyone!! Nice to meet each and every one of you!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • angietucker
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I'm also in the 100+ pound gang. I am 33 years old and currently weigh 266 pounds.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past five years and my doctors have recently told me that if I begin to lose weight, then my chances of conceiving will increase with every pound lost. This is what is making me determined this time - I'm going to do it! Because if I have a chance to make my dream come true, then I should be putting every effort in to be able to acheive it.

My current target is 199 pounds, so that I can say that I weigh 100 and something pounds instead of 200 and something pounds. I'd like to be able to acheive this by the end of this year - slowly but surely.

So - anyone who is in the 100+ club who would like to add me as a friend - please feel free. With each others support, then we can do it together!

P.S. How do I get one of those cute weight loss counters?

xxx
  • angietucker
    Options
    Woo! Done it!! :happy:
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I'm also in the 100+ pound gang. I am 33 years old and currently weigh 266 pounds.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past five years and my doctors have recently told me that if I begin to lose weight, then my chances of conceiving will increase with every pound lost. This is what is making me determined this time - I'm going to do it! Because if I have a chance to make my dream come true, then I should be putting every effort in to be able to acheive it.

My current target is 199 pounds, so that I can say that I weigh 100 and something pounds instead of 200 and something pounds. I'd like to be able to acheive this by the end of this year - slowly but surely.

So - anyone who is in the 100+ club who would like to add me as a friend - please feel free. With each others support, then we can do it together!

P.S. How do I get one of those cute weight loss counters?

xxx

Welcome Angie!! I sent you a friend request.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Good Morning All! Hope you are all doing well and succeeding on the journey to your new life! I am doing great, I feel awesome. More energy, sleeping better, and constantly feeling like i have the right nutrients in my body!

I've lost over 10 pounds in what i assume is just water weight from the amount of sodium I used to intake. Working out is becoming easier too!

Stick with it, we can all do this.

Much Love!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I just finished 31 minutes on my bike and burned 466 calories. I rode 5.18 miles!! I didn't want to get on the bike but I made myself and I feel great. I need to find my heart rate monitor so I can do some of my walking DVD's from Leslie Sansone. I want to know how much I am burning when I am doing them. Phil, Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!
  • 311Phil
    Options
    I just finished 31 minutes on my bike and burned 466 calories. I rode 5.18 miles!! I didn't want to get on the bike but I made myself and I feel great. I need to find my heart rate monitor so I can do some of my walking DVD's from Leslie Sansone. I want to know how much I am burning when I am doing them. Phil, Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!
    Thanks!! I need to find a heart rate monitor as well. I do Jillian Michaels Fitness ultimatum on Wii for exercise and I have no idea the amount of calories im burning. Its circuit training, but i don't think Im getting the right number on the "exercise" tab from the preloaded "circuit training" the numbers seem really high.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning all of my Fabulous Friday Friends.
    Super job on getting the exercise in already this morning Laura!
    I got up this morning and did a little yoga stretching. It is a great way to start my day. I am taking my son to the airport this morning then heading to my cabin. I will have to use my phone to log my food but will not be able to chat this weekend but I'll check in on Sunday when I get home.
    So, today lets everyone park at the far side of the parking lots and walk that extra bit to wherever we are going. Have a great weekend all and happy losing.

Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Thanks!! I need to find a heart rate monitor as well. I do Jillian Michaels Fitness ultimatum on Wii for exercise and I have no idea the amount of calories im burning. Its circuit training, but i don't think Im getting the right number on the "exercise" tab from the preloaded "circuit training" the numbers seem really high.

I have a Polar F6 HRM but I put it up somewhere (when I gave up on losing weight in November 2010 and decided to start back on January 1, 2011) and now I can't find it, I don't know why I did that. ARGGGG!! I hope I can find it soon b/c I want to rotate the things I do for exercise, say ride my bike one day, do an exercise video the next, go walking outside the next and so forth so I don't get bored.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning all of my Fabulous Friday Friends.
    Super job on getting the exercise in already this morning Laura!
    I got up this morning and did a little yoga stretching. It is a great way to start my day. I am taking my son to the airport this morning then heading to my cabin. I will have to use my phone to log my food but will not be able to chat this weekend but I'll check in on Sunday when I get home.
    So, today lets everyone park at the far side of the parking lots and walk that extra bit to wherever we are going. Have a great weekend all and happy losing.

Staci

Staci that is a great idea of parking at the far side of the parking lot and walking the extra bit to get where we are going. I will do that when I go grocery shopping this afternoon. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
  • 311Phil
    Options

I have a Polar F6 HRM but I put it up somewhere (when I gave up on losing weight in November 2010 and decided to start back on January 1, 2011) and now I can't find it, I don't know why I did that. ARGGGG!! I hope I can find it soon b/c I want to rotate the things I do for exercise, say ride my bike one day, do an exercise video the next, go walking outside the next and so forth so I don't get bored.

awesome. I am doing the wii until the weather gets better (im outside of buffalo NY) can't wait until I can go on a nice jog/walk outside!!! WINTER SUCKS! LOL.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

awesome. I am doing the wii until the weather gets better (im outside of buffalo NY) can't wait until I can go on a nice jog/walk outside!!! WINTER SUCKS! LOL.

I am doing inside stuff until it gets warmer here too. It's not as cold in South Carolina as it is in NY but it's still cold here. I hate Winter. I want summer back!! My hubby is from upstate NY. Around the Monticello area.