My husband saved me...

Options

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    So... McDonald's has a Smarties McFlurry? This is news to me!
    That's got to be a Canadian product, we don't have Smarties in the US.

I'm pretty sure we have that in Aus too. Though I can't remember the last time I was in a Macca's or HJ's(Burger King)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I take it you've never bought a bag of "kiddie mix" candy :)

Those are NOT Smarties. Those are crap. Smarties are a delicious chocolate candy, like m&m's but better.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Those are NOT Smarties. Those are crap. Smarties are a delicious chocolate candy, like m&m's but better.

Smarties are little pieces of yumminess! I want a Smarties McFlurry for lunch. This is gonna screw with my carbs ratio right ? UGH!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    What a sweetheart! I'm glad you have a husband who is supporting you, and literally going the extra mile to help you! :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Smarties are little pieces of yumminess! I want a Smarties McFlurry for lunch. This is gonna screw with my carbs ratio right ? UGH!

Well this thread has clearly sabotaged me because now I want these new "Smarties" things. I might have to get a Sonic Blast instead. And all they have is the same five flavors all the time.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's great! I don't have anyone supporting me on my journey. I'm doing it solo!
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    lol Awsome!! Good work
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    He didnt save you then did he? He just bought you a low fat dessert...... (probably high in sugar though)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hubby FTW. :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What a great hubby!!

Mine's encouraged me to go out for a walk/run when I just want to be lazy. And when I was losing big time the first year, he bragged to everyone about how great I was doing. It's awesome to have someone cheering you on!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    This is just so sweet I wanted to share...tonight I was really craving a smarties mcflurry from McDonalds or a Reese Pieces sundae from Baskin Robbins and I knew I shouldn't have it because I was almost out of calories and already over my fat and sodium but I still wanted it and told my husband I couldn't have it even though I was so tempted...so he went to the store and came home with these popsicle mini ice cream bars which I have never seen before and 1 bar only has 80 calories and 1.5 grams of fat...I was so happy and very proud of my husband for supporting me in that way and even reading the nutritional information on the box! I am now no longer craving ice cream from McDonalds or Baskin Robbins. I am so relieved :-)

over your fats? fats is a daily minimum. it's ok to exceed it if you have extra calories.

the low fat craze of the 90's has been proven to be unfounded. in fact, your body needs sufficient dietary fats for all sorts of metabolic reasons. so long as you avoid trans fats, eating foods with fats in them is perfectly fine.

as a general rule of thumb, your minimum daily fats goal in grams should be 0.35 x bodyweight (in lbs).
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    He didnt save you then did he? He just bought you a low fat dessert...... (probably high in sugar though)

Theres always gotta be a pessimist....
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Well this thread has clearly sabotaged me because now I want these new "Smarties" things. I might have to get a Sonic Blast instead. And all they have is the same five flavors all the time.
    Go to a grocery store that has British import items. Buy Smarties. Buy vanilla ice cream of your choice. I recommend Hagen Daz. Put in Blender. Boom. Smartie McFlurry.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Go to a grocery store that has British import items. Buy Smarties. Buy vanilla ice cream of your choice. I recommend Hagen Daz. Put in Blender. Boom. Smartie McFlurry.

So these aren't Smarties?

smarties_large.jpg
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

There, there, don't worry, you will find someone who loves you one day. :bigsmile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Knowing me I'll just buy a dozen Cadbury Egg pudding cups. I did find these on Amazon though! I'm excited now!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    That is sweet, what a good husband.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    But do they still sell Jelly Babies in the UK? Because my son is a HUGE whovian and would love to try them. My daughter found Jammy Dodgers at World Market and bought him some for Christmas. Now he really wants some Jelly Babies.

(since the topic has already been derailed into a discussion of British treats!)
  • SallyJones1985
    SallyJones1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    But do they still sell Jelly Babies in the UK? Because my son is a HUGE whovian and would love to try them. My daughter found Jammy Dodgers at World Market and bought him some for Christmas. Now he really wants some Jelly Babies.

(since the topic has already been derailed into a discussion of British treats!)

oh yes, we still have jelly babies lol
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options

So these aren't Smarties?

smarties_large.jpg
    ^^^^ this is what I think of when I hear smarties. What is this magical chocolate smarties you are talking about?