more than 100 lbs to lose....looking for support :)

Options

Replies

• wintersetm
    wintersetm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 31, a mom of 5, and an RN. I have lost 68 pounds so far would like to lose another 105.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    See a lot people saying that they have tried before and had a hard time dieting. I lost 101 pounds in 7 months on the LCHF diet. Got in an accident and was in wheelchair over three years. Getting it back together now, and have dropped 18.8 pounds since May 1. I know a lot of people gasp at the LCHF diet and say that it is not good, so I ask why my doctor has told me that the diet IS a good one and IF FOLLOWED CORRECTLY can lead to large amounts of weight loss, stabilization of malfunctioning metabolic issues, lowered sugar and better insulin response, muscle gains, and improved levels of triglycerides and cholesterol. I am already down on my diabetes meds by half.

I am never hungry. I don't have cravings. I am happy "dieting" and it is not a struggle to maintain. It really isn't a "diet" as much as a way of eating. I have bacon and eggs and heavy cream in my coffee for breakfast. I have 3 chicken wings with the skin, full fat blue cheese dressing, and 4 cups raw spinach for lunch. I have 6 ounces of steak on grill with fat attached, 4 cups romaine lettuce, 3 tbsp. full fat caesar dressing, half an avocado, and kalamata olives for dinner. On occasion, if I have not used my limited three packets of Splenda in my morning coffee, I whip up 4 TBSP of heavy whipping cream and add a sprinkle of sugar free flavored gelatin in to make it fruity or flavored.

Is that a diet? I call that eating. But, the trade off is that there is no 30 minutes on the treadmill and that is all the exercise you get. I did 20 miles on a bike today. You have to move and you have to stay in Ketosis. Being in Ketosis means that you have to do the exercise needed to burn off the "Ketones" so that they do not build up in your body. For me, it is just a plain way of eating.
  • nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also need support for a better health style that I have been ignoring.
  • leduley
    leduley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Me too I have more than 100 pounds to lose. I am going to be 49 next month and want to be a hot 50 year old. :) I am so glad to have found you all! Thanks for this wonderful site!
  • elizabethroyce10
    elizabethroyce10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im just starting out / today as matter of fact but with you on this ! I dont even know how to add but you can add me.. still figuring it out. I need to lose 70 or so. I am motivated though. Watching my mom die of heart failure due to her sedentary life style is what did it for me. I want to be around to see my kids and grand kids....
  • jake14armstrong
    jake14armstrong Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah man! enjoying the positivity! I've always struggled to do it the healthy way too, trying it now though! Here's to it! 22 yrs old in England
  • Iam_Nicole
    Iam_Nicole Posts: 2
    Options
    Add me I just joined today and I have over 100lbs to lose!
  • Lkkiser3
    Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey There!! I also have about 100 lbs to lose. I am also a mother to two children and I'm 26 years old! I could really use the inspiration! and support.. I don't really have anyone in my life that I can talk to that understands any of this!
  • loisdsnow
    loisdsnow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm here to support and be a friend. I have 99 lbs to get where I want to be. You can do it and all the folks around here are for you reaching your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had 125lbs to lose, I'm down almost 50. I'm 26 with two little girls. :)
  • Iam_Nicole
    Iam_Nicole Posts: 2
    Options
    Everyone who wants to lose over 100lbs please add me also. I just started today and I in need of a support system. Thanks

66158290.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jesspete81
    jesspete81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stick me in here too! Mother of two, 32, goal is 100, down 25 so far. When I lose that hundred, we may talk about 15 more!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose to be at goal. I would love to have new friends!!
  • calypsoca
    calypsoca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in for new friends! I've got 160-180 total to lose, and would love to have friends with similar goals!
  • Plussizebritt
    Plussizebritt Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there I have more than 100lbs to lose as well I don't have any kids though but feel free to add me =) Anyone can feel free to add me as well.:smile:
  • mweb21
    mweb21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My metabolism sucks :( I've always struggled to loose weight, unless I was starving myself. I hope I can do it this time around the healthy way! We can do it! I'm from rhode island.

Rhode Island is my hometown, though I live in Minnesota now. I also have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 years old with one child, an active toddler! I have approx 100 pounds to lose and I've been active on MFP for 50 days now. I'm friendly and I'm here every day. Anyone is welcome to add me, MFP friends are the best!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you set your mind to it! Wishing all of you good success!
  • LibraryBatgirl
    LibraryBatgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me as well.
    I'm 29, currently at 307.2 (started at 342), and have the somewhat crazy goal of 100lbs by my 30th birthday in November (and the another 100 by 31). I'm with ya on the always struggled with my weight. Hitting 310 actually put me bak to what I weighted in high school.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • myles111808
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have no idea how being friends on this website works, but I'll be there for support once I figure it out lol! I too need to lose 100 pounds (where did it come from?! Ahhh!) and have two kids plus college full time so I really slacked... but I just realized how unhappy I am with my weight and need motivating. I've lost 52 pounds through hard exercise and diet after my second pregnancy through this site before, but it came back plus some after. I have that "I feel and think I am physically healthy in my mind, but my mirror lately has it out for me :(