oh my god.... HOW MANY CALORIES?! eyeopener!

Options
RAINBOW DROPS have 260 fricking calories in one tiny eeny packet!! RAINBOW DROPS!!! little sweet coloured puffs of air!!! ARGHHH!!

Moral of the story: LOG the food BEFORE you eat it.

:'(

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Strong first post. And yes, prelogging is good. And now I want to try some of these colorful sounding deliciousness...sigh...but I live in the States.
  • wantypants
    wantypants Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was looking for the cals of these on the packet, there was none!

Is that for one of the big bags though?

Please tell me it's the big bag....
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love rainbow drops. A classic British piece of yum.
    I know there's a lot of sugar and colouring on them, but I didn't think they'd be that bad either.
    I'll be continuing to avoid them.
    x
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    80g of the stuff is over 200 calories.

That's some calorie dense ****.
  • eustaciavye
    eustaciavye Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great idea to log in before -- I must try it.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    203B07174BCC5FB5413F21

yubu chobab... these little bite size korean treats got me.... they may look all harmless... but each has 100calories... I ate 10 before logging them in...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Biscuits are the worst for that....chocolate digestive? about 80 cals EACH! And to think i used to have 4 with a cup of tea....
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Biscuits are the worst for that....chocolate digestive? about 80 cals EACH! And to think i used to have 4 with a cup of tea....

love chocolate digestives........ dang... thanks for the warning...^^
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I've never liked rainbow drops, but holy Hell, I never would've thought those tasteless puffs of air contained so many calories!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love little nibbbly finger foods but they always seem to have loads of calories and you always eat loads of them!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    RAINBOW DROPS have 260 fricking calories in one tiny eeny packet!! RAINBOW DROPS!!! little sweet coloured puffs of air!!! ARGHHH!!

Moral of the story: LOG the food BEFORE you eat it.

:'(

Check the weight of your packet - they are around 260 cal for 100g, but the regular sized bags are only 33 g, which would make them only around 90 cal per bag.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

I used to eat 1/2 a packet or more in one go so 4 would be ok for me, ginger nuts were my downfall but now I have 5. A packet lasted me almost 2 weeks last time I had some, I used to eat a packet in 2 days!
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Fig Newtons got me with this a few weeks ago. :( 100 calories in two cookies. And here I thought I was being smart by choosing a 'better' cookie.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    So many British foods!

What is a digestive biscuit? It gives me a really bad mental image for some reason.
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I used to eat 1/2 a packet or more in one go so 4 would be ok for me, ginger nuts were my downfall but now I have 5. A packet lasted me almost 2 weeks last time I had some, I used to eat a packet in 2 days!
    there is hope for me :happy:
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    *googles rainbow drops*
    It looks like Trix cereal.

Snacks foods are always the downfall particularly when they pack 2 or more serving in a little package. Because everyone knows that you are going to share that package with 2.3 people.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is what is great (albeit very very painfully great) about MFP - really opens your eyes to mindless calories. Just remember all calories are not created "equal". 500 calories worth of nuts, olive oil, fruit, lean protein etc. is a lot different than 500 calories of sugar.
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Can you believe that each boneless wing at Buffalo Wild Wings is about 100 calories. So, the smallest serving is about 800 calories. WHATT?!?!

It is 1/2 off night for college students at my local BWW and I'll definitely pass on the wings tonight.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I was surprised when I found out how many calories were in bubble tea with tapioca. Holy hell.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Can you believe that each boneless wing at Buffalo Wild Wings is about 100 calories. So, the smallest serving is about 800 calories. WHATT?!?!

It is 1/2 off night for college students at my local BWW and I'll definitely pass on the wings tonight.

Honestly, I could've lived without this knowledge! I LOVE BWW! I usually inhale 10 wings easy when I go there, and that's on top of all the drinks and fried pickles. :(