• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Black & Strong is the only way to drink coffee

QFT
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I used to use a ton of cream and sugar, usually flavored creamers, now I like it black!
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I will drink coffee hot, cold, or 3 days old. Seriously. The only thing I cannot stand in coffee is sugar - just disgusting. Used to do the flavored creamers, but quit in 2011- a little because of the calories, but mainly due to the the partially hydrogenated oil. I usually use 2 T of 1 or 2% milk if I use anything at all. Half and half is a special treat, and then I cut it to 1 T. Found an organic vanilla half and half at Central Market that is ridiculously good, but it is double the calories of regular. Just as happy drinking it black though. Also, I did break down and buy a Keurig (fought against it for years) just out of convenience, but I much, much prefer my French Press. Best coffee ever IMO.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started measuring my whole milk because I was using a full cup, divided between two 16 oz coffee cups. I now use 1/4 cup and have two cups of coffee a day.
    We our coffee snobs, drinking home roasted varieties and use a French Press. I'm not going to spoil it by using skim milk or drinking it black, which I can't seem to get used to.
    I've also tried almond and soy milk which I like but can't stand in my coffee.

Adding a bunch of milk (1/4 cup) is essentially spoiling the coffee. Real coffee snobs drink coffee black, if taken any other way, it is usually only with crappy coffee, or you are not a coffee snob
    I realize that, however, I've tried it both ways and just don't like it black. The milk seems to enhance flavors like blueberry, jasmine, chocolate and spice in good coffee. I love Ethiopian Harrar. It's like a blueberry flavored coffee. And Brazil naturals taste very chocolatey. Who doesn't like milk with blueberry pie or chocolate?
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I also like brewing less interesting coffees with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I first had this in Mexico and while I wouldn't want it everyday, it's a nice change. Vanilla beans work well,too.i
  • idestvitae
    idestvitae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also like brewing less interesting coffees with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I first had this in Mexico and while I wouldn't want it everyday, it's a nice change. Vanilla beans work well,too.i

I've tried brewing with a pinch of cayenne... it really brings out the flavour :)
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I let myself have 1 cream and 1 sugar in my Tim Horton's coffee! It's my morning treat :bigsmile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Since I eat keto, I actually had to ADD things to my coffee. I take mine with butter, coconut oil, one tbsp of heavy cream, one tbsp of sugar free creamer or syrup and two packets of sweetener(nectresse and splenda).
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking homemade lattes for years now, but I switched to black brewed coffee to help with calories. Then I realized I needed to increase my calories because I was eating too few, so I went back to my usual. One cup of skim milk, two shots of espresso and two teaspoons honey.

Edit for grammar. -_-
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Loooooove iced coffee with half & half and liquid sugar. :drinker:
  • mcafeekevin
    mcafeekevin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Almost always black, but on rare occasion I have to join in on a colada because I LOVE them.
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually take my coffee black and on occasion go for a latte, no sugar.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would get a latte at Starbucks once or twice a week. I made pots of coffee at home and lightened them with whipping cream. (I roast my own coffee beans. I iz SERIOUS coffee drinker.)

Since I started coming here... I bought a Nespresso machine and I make espressos instead of drip coffee most days of the week. I make drip on the weekends, and I have half and half one day (probably 2 tbsps) and whipping cream the other day (also 2 tbsps worth).

I visit Starbucks maybe once a month now for lattes, and now I get a tall instead of a grande. (I don't even get crazy mochas or anything -- caramel macchiato is my drink. It tastes SO SWEET now that I use it as a sugary afternoon treat.)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Black in the morning.

Black in the afternoon.

Green or Black Tea (decaf) at night.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with 2 cream, 2 sugar and it's only 30 calories. If I had to cut that, I couldn't drink black.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My first coffee of the day must have milk (never cream/half & half/non-dairy creamer, which all taste greasy to me)...anything from skim to whole is fine, but 1 or 2% is preferred. I don't like any sweetener in my hot coffee, but will put a packet of Splenda in an iced coffee.

Coffee consumed later in the day is usually black...often espresso.
  • Gallifrey289
    Gallifrey289 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to have hot and cold, with up to four daily shots of espresso. Having coffee so much made it bad on the weekends when I wasn't working, mass headaches. Now I have my homemade latte with 2 tsp of florida crystals and about 1/4 cup of vanilla soy or sometimes almond milk. Black coffee I can do but I must have it sweetened, hot or cold.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I go to Dunks (New England thing...Dunkin Donuts for all you non NE-ers) and get a medium caramel iced coffee with skim milk and two Splendas. Under 200 calories, and perks me right up.

You are a saint for being able to drink it straight up!
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually drink it black but every once in a while I blend it with a TB of coconut oil and a dash of cinnamon :)

Will have to try that!!!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Aaaarrrggghhh. Right now I am regretting the coffee I had this evening. Why didn't I make a cup of decaf?