Replies

• cturnerb
    cturnerb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weighing daily works best for me. :smile:
  • BekkahS1552
    BekkahS1552 Posts: 34
    Options
    I've decided to weigh in weekly... the scale fluctuates too much from day to day for me :tongue:
  • maggieparks1
    Options
    I weigh daily too on the 5.2 forum they have been doing a 'no weigh may' but I couldnt handle that!
  • greentray
    greentray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me! As i only weigh in work and the my friend the nurse tells me that the scales will explode if i get on them before a Wednesday hehe
  • StarPlatinumORA
    StarPlatinumORA Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    twice a week, usually. 3 times if I'm exceptionally bored and feeling like rolling the dice on a Yay! or Damn!

You really hit the nail on the head here, I'm just the same :laugh:
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I go to the toilet. I then record my weight daily just in the notes part of my private food diary. Once it remains at a lower weight and seems like a proper loss and not just water weight fluctuations etc, I log it on MFP. I do that because usually it changes day to day and I like to be more confident of an actual loss when I log it. Monthly I record my bodily measurements and check those in (theres usually a more exciting change after a month)
    Then for motivation I like to look at the progress reports on MFP over the past 30 or 90 days :)
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For me it's daily. I have an easier time establishing routines when they're daily. Less frequent and it seems I forget a lot.

However, I also track patterns so I'm not bothered about small daily fluctuations. For example I pretty consistently see several days of weight loss followed by a day of gain and then holding steady for a day or two. Then the weight comes off again.
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Daily! But Friday is my 'official' weight that I track! I think it keeps me accountable!
  • jrw6886
    jrw6886 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Daily helps keep me motivated. I know that it fluctuates but I like knowing what direction I'm headed. Just don't get too excited over the weight loss, or too discouraged with the weight gain. Its different for everybody.
  • smrgal144
    smrgal144 Posts: 9
    Options
    Daily !! It keeps me accountable and yes at times frustrating because the scale doesn't budge "down" but it also helps in not letting it budge "up"! I think it can become an addiction and not healthy if you weigh yourself all day long.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly first thing Monday mornings. I think this helps me over the weekend to not over eat and to stay active. I know that if I am able to start off the week with a good number on the scale I am more likely to keep up the habits through the week.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Starting out daily because the first pounds fly off. Now I weigh 2 times a week, friday and monday.

Friday is my weigh in day and monday is my check day to make sure I didn't go off the rails over the weekend. Funny thing is, I tend to loose the weight between friday and monday, and stay the same from monday to friday. Beats me how that works.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just weigh on days I feel fat. Keeps me in the zone.
  • Priceless95
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Sometimes twice if I am curious to know how well I am doing that week. :)
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in that I log is on Tuesday mornings. but I weigh myself daily just because I am new at this and I am getting to understand how my body works and weight changes.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and watch the trends in my weight. Makes me less prone to freaking out over the fluctuations.
    Me too, and it's probably the single thing that helped me the most.
  • rubbie78
    rubbie78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weight 2 times a week, but the official is on Monday
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week, every Monday. Used to do it twice a week but I saw some up and down in my weight doing that and was getting frustrated.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week..otherwise I get too obsessive.
  • ltooor
    ltooor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My scales in the bathroom so I basically weigh myself every time I'm in there, but I only log my weight every Monday.