How often do u all weigh in?

Options

Replies

• tastyworm
    tastyworm Posts: 2
    Options
    Daily for me - but that's because I have a FitBit Aria and like it trying to guess which person in my household is stepping on it ;)
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every few days, but I only log it on MFP when I'm sure it's an actual loss and not just water weight or other daily fluctuations.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Every Day!
    When I am being really consistent with Logging and exercise I can actually predict the changes. It helps me keep on track!

For example.. if I eat a lot of carbs and salty snacks... I will retain water.
    If I eat a lot of red meat.. I will be heavier longer

I don't use my weight as the end all be all. ... but it is great data!:smile:
  • lifetime16200
    Options
    I usually just weigh in once or twice a week. If I feel like I may have been bad a few days, I will check my weight to
    make sure.
  • Cathy360
    Cathy360 Posts: 6
    Options
    Weighing daily has it pros and cons. It can help with accountability as long as you don't over focus on the scale as it can be obsessive. Please take your measurements and track them for the times when the scale disappoints! It will help to record your weight weekly to have a more accurate view of how you are doing overall.
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily when I get up in the mornings. I prefer the accountability and it helps me understand weight fluctuations better like the 1 or 2 pound gain after eating too much sodium.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, between the bathroom and the shower. That way I know what's a fluctuation and what's a pattern. More data = more perspective.

I weighed the exact same on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. On Tuesday (today), I'm up 3 lbs. I know that this is water weight/random fluctuation because I weigh every day. If I weighed once a week, I might think that this is a real gain. I did not eat 10,000+ calories over my maintenance.
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Daily helps me stay on track.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I am not one that panics if the scale changes. I feel it helps me adjust my eating habits, or makes me realize I need to drink more water,
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, sometimes more often (depending on curiosity levels), but record weekly.

same for me. i step on the scale each morning and before bed, after i have taken care of business. but i only record once a week, wednesday mornings. fingers crossed for tomorrow!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily when I get up in the mornings. I prefer the accountability and it helps me understand weight fluctuations better like the 1 or 2 pound gain after eating too much sodium.

^^^^This.....watching my daily weight helps me stay on track!
  • Saiyasama
    Saiyasama Posts: 2
    Options
    Im going to weigh in at the end of each week. So far I have lost 60lbs, regained 20, hit a plateau and now Im getting back on track again.
  • mstanieshad
    mstanieshad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday I use to weigh in like three times a week but I don't anymore.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    every other day.. except for sundays... for some reason I'm always a lil heavier on Sundays...
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly as the daily fluctuations mess with my mind.

Haha, I weigh daily because the weekly fluctuations mess with my mind, lol. Seriously, weighing daily allows me to know the trend, if it's going in the right direction over the course of a few days I'm happy.
  • TannerBoyl
    TannerBoyl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I can think of it. Sometimes, I weigh in everyday. Other times, I weigh in twice a week.

I weigh myself in the morning because it is convenient for me.
  • 4msmayes206
    4msmayes206 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning just before getting ready in the morning. I can't wait to get up to see if I have lost an ounce. It keeps me excited and engaged and holds me accountable. When I have gained or lost, I think about my actions before. The one thing I like about weighing each day is I am focused over weeks and months about all that is needed for me to accomplish successful goals. I love it when that scale moves. I throw my arms up with such a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment and say YES!!!.
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weight in 2 times a day. In the morning and at night but only log my weight once a week. It really helps me.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I think you have to do what works best for you. If you feel like weighing daily can help you get on track, by all means, do it. I actually weigh myself every 2 - 4 weeks. That allows me to take my focus away from the scale and put it on living a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, not looking at the scale so often allows me the ability to really appreciate the non-scale victories.
  • wu3ju3j
    wu3ju3j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily after getting rid of solids and wastes. I also follow the rules I set below:

I only log the losses, unless the plus keep coming and are more than temporary due to water retention.

I round up or down the decimals so i can see my progress in whole numbers. That way when I am actually down to the x.0 weight I know I have solidly reached another goal.

I feel more in control knowing where I am and am headed.