tattoo enthusiasts?

Options

Replies

• AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have 14... started collecting them when I was 19... and have co-mingled several of them into quarter sleeves but now want to go the next step and get a full on sleeve for the left arm. But now that I have a 2 year old a second daughter on the way, I'm not sure where the money is going to come from. One day, maybe!

I know the feeling! Sometimes it seems like my son is secretly ninja'ing away all my play/tattoo money haha!

I would love to get a half sleeve one day, but I can never decide what I'd want as a concept or design for it.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have 4. I got the first when I was 26 and the last this July. They form a vignette that is not quite complete so when that money falls from the sky I will finish it up. Then it will only count as one tatoo :) I am very happy with my ink and would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have 3 so far. A 22 year old panther which desperately needs a new outline, a gorgeous vine-and-flowers tramp stamp and an atheist symbol (with star of David inside for mom & dad) on the back of my neck.

I have been really obsessed lately with getting another tattoo..or 2... Right now my thoughts are on an owl on the outside of my calf. I can't see any of my current tats without a mirror! I am also thinking about an octopus on my foot but I hear that hurts the WORST.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty large tattoo that follows the line of my hip - it's a gorgeous stargazer lily (has a lot of meaning to me) with vinework that swoops down my hip. It's so feminine and I LOVE IT! When I put on weight, though, I felt way too uncomfortable to show it off. I'm the same as you - one big reason for me to lose weight (aside from being healthier and looking better in general) is to be able to show off my awesome tattoo again. I also want to get some script on my ribcage, but I definitely need to lose all my weight before I do that. It's going to be my goal weight reward ;)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have an ankle band, a vine of flowers that comes up from my foot to mid-calf, a quote on my ribs, and a stupid tribal that I regret on my hip bone. I would like to cover up the last one with a big side piece.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have three.

.... a samoan tatau on my right ankle (hand tapped), .....

I would love to get one done like this.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have 6! 2 on my chest, one on my wrist, one on my inside ankle, one on my shoulder, and one on my elbow. I am looking to do a HUGE peice on my thighs. I want both of my thighs covered in ink front to back! I love it.

I never thought of my weightloss as being a canvas, but if i get smaller it does open up some places that i would be willing to put more ink!

Now I have a itch for ink all over again! lol

50540473.png
  • Sugarbabesxox
    Sugarbabesxox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bave two full sleeves and various others, had my latest one done yesterday
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 tattoo right now, my dog's name that I got when I was 21. I've been wanting a couple more tattoos but have been afraid to since I'm overweight. I had a friend who lost weight and her tattoos just didn't look right after. When I get under 200lbs I want to have my friend design this tattoo for me that's kind of hard to explain but would be this psychadelic dreamscape, kind of like Hieronymous Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights. I want it on the back of my left shoulder. Then I want to get one on my wrist when I get to my goal weight. These two arrows (one pointing up--Exercise More-- and one pointing down--Eat Less) with 170 (my total weight loss, hopefully) in the middle between them. It's been like a little mental image to keep me motivated and I think it would be really symbolic to end my journey with getting that tattoo.
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have one of my foot, two gypsies on my lower back, two on each side (rib area) two on my hip bones, & two on my chest/collar bone area. I am getting my back thighs done soon!
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just have one tattoo so far on my foot. It's a of a turtle. Once I have the money I want to get one on the back of my shoulder.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    my first one about 3 months ago...sorry for the poor colour...my dragone actually has purple, lilac and magenta highlights and is bright and colourful...hurt like a ***** though on the outline but worth it!

martydragon_zps5ed353e2.jpg
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Surprising lack of photos in this thread...

I like the dragon!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Just one at the moment.

Pirate ship on my right calf.

Many more coming!
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I technically have 8 (counting the one under another one >_<) & would LOVE to have more. One that I'm currently working on is an arm piece that will eventually be a quarter sleeve or possibly a cap (pictures on my profile). My arm is my favorite one so far, but I have one on each shoulder blade, one in between my shoulder blades, on my foot, my forearm, and a cover-up on my wrist.

Any other tattoo obsessionists, feel free to add me! ^__^

**Edited to add pics!**

4764227_4146.jpg
    ^^That's my cover up one, btw

4764227_4488.jpg
    ^^Arm & my favorite one

4764227_9652.jpg

I don't have any of my foot or forearm :(
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a few, anyone can add me if they wish.
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Part of my motivation to transform my body has been to create the kind of 'canvas' I want to display art on ;-)

I have 4 tattoos with another one on the way this year. :laugh:

I think transforming your body for tattoo art is awesome motivation! Keep up the great work.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2 half sleeves and some random stuff as well. Feel free to add if you wish.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have 5 and getting more. Finishing up my half sleeve now. It's my profile picture.

photo1_zps2cfd4790.jpg
  • Kdhuynh54
    Kdhuynh54 Posts: 26
    Options
    i have one tattoo! but it's 65 hours long!!! ;)