Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Yet again. People cannot be nice.

I simply refer to the people who cant express their opinions in a respectful manner.

Hey, im entitled to an opinion to.

Maybe the people that are offended by my use of the word p***l are guilty of it themselves

So you're entitled to your opinion and to express yourself in a manner you see fit (and those who disagree are p***cks) but everyone else isn't entitled to give their opinion or express themselves in a manner they see fit?

tumblr_madbqw6C9p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I heard there was candy and cake here.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member

I simply refer to the people who cant express their opinions in a respectful manner.

Maybe the people that are offended by my use of the word p***l are guilty of it themselves

How-Rude-Stephanie-Full-House.gif
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Wait...

So people who are voicing their opinions are pricks, but when you voice yours you are not a prick. Even when calling other people pricks. Got it.

I usually avoid these petulant and redundant "rudeness" threads, but my BS-metre is overloaded today and I'm beginning to behave out of character. :explode:
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Do you even lift?
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Yes, we've just learned to not post.

^^Staying off the forums is wisest. I only poke my head in now and then... and leave again.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

Opinions are like certain parts of the body; everybody has one.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    In for yet another 'mean people' thread. :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    In!!!
    22212-popcorn2gif-3AdT.gif
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Yes, hello! :)

Just a rant.

Hm...well those can get a little rude...so be careful or you might lose credibility in calling other people rude and arrogant....
    Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Hm....~scratches head~....I've not seen anyone being rude. I've seen people giving the no nonsense critique that is often asked for here though.
    Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Well that was an interesting sentence....because I would say there was definitely a way of writing that opinion without calling people names in doing so.....maybe you were just trying to be ironic? :huh:

Also, this is a forum....the whole point is that someone writes something, then other people write their opinion about what has been written.....I'd say writing on a forum when you *don't* want someone's opinion back is kind of a pointless exercise....?
    Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Hm, not too sure how many people will be terribly eager to be a friend when you've called them a naughty word.....?
    Xx

XXX
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    OP is looking for people who aren't rude and arrogant; is rude and arrogant in her post.
    cartoon.jpg

If you don't like some people, there's a drop down menu (the blue arrow/triangle) under their avatar. Click it and choose Ignore User. It will spare you some agony and internal rage.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Also it never ceases to amaze me that people will have no problem claiming that "everyone's journey is different" and then insist that everyone should communicate in exactly the same way. Why should weight loss be individualized but communication should adhere to a strict set of rules?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    I heard there was candy and cake here.

nope...just meat

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif
  • laoliviabeachbum
    laoliviabeachbum Posts: 21 Member
    Yes, we've just learned to not post.

^^Staying off the forums is wisest. I only poke my head in now and then... and leave again.

Yep. I'm only here for the man candy thread and got waylaid.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    I suggest growing a thicker skin or staying out of the forums.

Not being a jerk just stating the truth. I don't poll the forums for answers because people like to know everything.
  • OP you've got 38 posts-- so you're new to this community. Each community has its own rules and etiquette. To go into that environment and say that the people who have been here longer are wrong and should change for you comes off as . . . well a bit arrogant.

Also since this is a community there are all types of people here. There are people who are rude, sarcastic, sweet, melodramatic, etc just like there would be in any community. The best policy imo is to ignore those who don't fit the style of interaction that you prefer. There are plenty of others who will not respond well to your particular style either. It's okay, we don't all have to communicate the same way.

There's a drop down arrow under each user's avatar. Clicking it will give you the option to put any user on ignore.

^^THIS!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    323071_10150640501059282_580934281_10986725_1319193842_o.jpg
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    :noway:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Hanford Rose.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Reflection - not just what you see when you look in a mirror.