Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?
    77Q9Zhr.jpg
  • darnice2013
    darnice2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    33vyat5.jpg
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Ou2uwxY.png?GeorgeTakeiUncensored
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is such a messy thread. yikes
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

Oh dear, not a great way to get your point across. A very aggressive and rude post.
    If you think calling people pricks is a polite gesture then whoever taught you manners needs slapping.

I don't think people on these boards are particularly nasty or rude. It just gets tedious when the same stupid questions are asked over and over or when answers are given the OP gets an *kitten* on because it's not the chocolate coated marshmallow answer they wanted.

Next time you get offended by somebody's comments, make sure your own rant does not make you look like a tool!!
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yet again. People cannot be nice.

I simply refer to the people who cant express their opinions in a respectful manner.

Hey, im entitled to an opinion to.

Maybe the people that are offended by my use of the word p***l are guilty of it themselves

Opinion. Yes.

But it's the sort of "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" thing. Starting the thread aggressively in a rant in a nice little introducing yourself way will for some strange and unusual reason not give you the best responses in return. But you knew that when you posted this. Because, you know...you like getting a reaction.

large_zps1ecada2b.gif
  • kirstiejess
    kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    99% of these replies prove my point.

I realise that what i said may seem contradictory, however, not a lot of people have proven otherwise.

Some people are a bit mixed up with 'opinion' and 'fact'; as most go on like their opinion is actually a fact.

Yes these posts ask for opinions, but theres no need to be so horrible.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ^^Staying off the forums is wisest. I only poke my head in now and then... and leave again.

so.....just the tip then?
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but a lot of times the people asking for opinions or asking questions argue with the suggestions of others because they want to hear what they want to hear. Anyone offering conflicting advice or giving suggestions instead of just telling them they are right are blasted for being "rude and arrogant."

Also, the forums have a search function for a reason, one which many people neglect and post questions that have been answered thousands of times already. If an answer is delivered in a curt way, it's likely just that people are tired of answering it. They probably didn't mean to be rude, they just wanted to answer the question quickly and move on.

All of this is why I generally don't waste my time in the forums.

your 4,000 odd posts say otherwise lol :-P
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Being blunt isn't rude.

Being overly sensitive and lashing out to label a group of people as pricks, is.
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it all comes back to that......
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

^you seem like a real peach.

In for the gifs.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying. In many respects mfp threads have deteriorated to gifs and people trying to score points off each other.
    So pretty much just like the rest of the known internet :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I heard there was candy and cake here.

nope...just meat

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

Wieners?

How about bacon?

Bacon-Take-what-you-need.jpg
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ^^Staying off the forums is wisest. I only poke my head in now and then... and leave again.

so.....just the tip then?

:laugh:
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    99% of these replies prove my point.

I realise that what i said may seem contradictory, however, not a lot of people have proven otherwise.

Some people are a bit mixed up with 'opinion' and 'fact'; as most go on like their opinion is actually a fact.

Yes these posts ask for opinions, but theres no need to be so horrible.

I think you kind of did that all by yourself....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed by entitled posters who slam fellow users
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    hE0DC6597