Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

Thanks. I know my post may seem contradictary, but it does state it is a rant!!

You are all laughable. You click on my post for what reason??

To post gifs, because the mods will be along to lock this at some point. In the meantime we shall entertain each other with gifs, and laugh at the irony of your post.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    in
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    OP, it's probably best to stay off the forums til you get used to the way people act (out) around here. Most the kids that only post on here with snarky comments and no real advice got lost on their way to 4chan and reddit ;)

clearly has no idea what 4chan is.
    No kidding.

0cFfB9v.gif

spongebob-butthurt-gif_w480_zps64e847c9.jpg
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    [url][/url]
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! The same people who think they are experts keep slamming others . I hardly every get into the rants or respond to many of these. I like talking and comparing notes with my friends and reasonable people....but sometimes it seems that the forums are an attraction for people who are extremely bored and just want to rant . They need to get a life. There are a lot of us who really value the friendship and support of others!

I was pretty upfront about my reasons for being here from page 1. Gifs entertain me.
  • kirstiejess
    kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
    Options

And...it's...not laughable that your post did exactly what you were ranting at other people about? Cos I tell you, I laughed....

Some would call it ironic! Just copying the behaviour of everyone else on here as it seems its the way to communicate these days.
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    Wow this is hilarious I tell you.....ooh I love a good argument

Do we all feel better letting a bit of steam off? :explode:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    These threads ALWAYS make me wonder what thread responses prompted the OPs to post a "mean people" thread in the first place.

OP, what was the straw that broke your back? What moral crime did you witness that forced you to start this thread? I would love to know.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    munch.gif
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    hypocrisy.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

And...it's...not laughable that your post did exactly what you were ranting at other people about? Cos I tell you, I laughed....

Some would call it ironic! Just copying the behaviour lf everyone else on here as it seems its the way to communicate these days.

Objectively speaking, you just walked into a "room" full of people, called them a bunch of pr!cks, then yelled at them for not redeeming themselves to you. That's pretty ironic.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    inappropriate.jpg
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx
    These threads always get started because someone disagreed with the OP in some other thread, so please OP link us to the thread of "rude" people who have scorned thee
    8lo2n5.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302456-bread-what-is-a-healthier-substitute

You're welcome!

I'm sifting through the thread, and have yet to find anything mean... surprise, surprise.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    OP, it's probably best to stay off the forums til you get used to the way people act (out) around here. Most the kids that only post on here with snarky comments and no real advice got lost on their way to 4chan and reddit ;)

clearly has no idea what 4chan is.
    No kidding.

0cFfB9v.gif

Or reddit.

Because anyone who groups 4Chan and Reddit into the same category obviously does not internet.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views... There is a way to do it without being such a p***k.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

Here I thought you might get to be the first non-arrogant, non-rude MFPer. But, no - I was mistaken :flowerforyou:
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Calling people names: Not rude

Demands that people adhere to her sense of etiquette when expressing their views: Not arrogant

Got it.

Nailed and nailed.... WINNER!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

It doesn't state rant in the topic, maybe that's why people clicked.
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't stand people who are rude and arrogant. We are all here to better ourselves, right? We should all stay positive for each other and instead of criticizing, motivate!
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It depends on how one defines "rude" and "arrogant." People are going to give advice based on their personal experiences. Some people have more direct personalities than others, they prefer to tell it like it is instead of being "nice." Some people respond better to direct advice/criticism while others prefer people to be "nice." It just depends on the OP and the people giving responses.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Im not rude or arrogant, im perfect you p***k!

Charles-Dance_zps36bfc724.gif

Tywin Lannister!