i refuse to kill myself!

Options
12346»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP, I work out a bit but keep it casual and don't do anything I don't enjoy. Been working for me.

ah- I got it.
    Casual.

Okay. I understand now the lack of understanding on my part.

I don't get nor think I will I ever understand this mentality- but I understand the fundamental difference.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying OP. I go to the gym just to escape my house for an hour of me time. I noticed a few months ago a very overweight person going at it super hard. They'd lay on the floor for at least 15 minutes after their workout. After a few weeks, they stopped coming (or maybe they changed their workout schedule) Who knows. I think she just quit. Going too hard and too fast can discourage a lot of people. I know that was my mistake in the beginning. I wanted to be able to run on the elliptical for 60 minutes at level 10 non stop. I wanted to be able to do 100 squats. I mean, if you aren't going to go big, go home, right?

Nope. That's a poor attitude to have if you are just starting out. Not being able to move the next day is a great motivator for some, but not most.

So you can take it easy at the gym. Build up your endurance and strength on your terms.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying OP. I go to the gym just to escape my house for an hour of me time. I noticed a few months ago a very overweight person going at it super hard. They'd lay on the floor for at least 15 minutes after their workout. After a few weeks, they stopped coming (or maybe they changed their workout schedule) Who knows. I think she just quit. Going too hard and too fast can discourage a lot of people. I know that was my mistake in the beginning. I wanted to be able to run on the elliptical for 60 minutes at level 10 non stop. I wanted to be able to do 100 squats. I mean, if you aren't going to go big, go home, right?

Nope. That's a poor attitude to have if you are just starting out. Not being able to move the next day is a great motivator for some, but not most.

So you can take it easy at the gym. Build up your endurance and strength on your terms.
    See, I agree with this. I think going from sedentary to beast mode (safely, or at all) takes some ramping up for most of us... It certainly did for me. And my way of pushing myself to breaking point and getting sidelined isn't necessarily ideal. It's just that once you KNOW you can do more, the temptation to do MOAR is overwhelming. At least, for me it is. There's a balance that's important... But the fulcrum is in a different place for each of us, and moves around with our progress and life circumstances.

And totally busting your hump is FUN. It really is. I hope the OP will get a chance to experience that joy at some point. I couldn't do it at 40 pounds overweight, so I get where she's coming from at present... but at some point....
  • Ssesia
    Ssesia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laughing at all these idiots who think they're more superior just because they can spell...
    I personally know this girl and I can tell you that she is one of the hardest working individuals I know. Don't you guys have some working out to do, rather then spending hours on MFP commenting rude **** on other posts? Just sayin'
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Laughing at all these idiots who think they're more superior just because they can spell...
    I personally know this girl and I can tell you that she is one of the hardest working individuals I know. Don't you guys have some working out to do, rather then spending hours on MFP commenting rude **** on other posts? Just sayin'

Awww, look at you responding to her request to come save her. That's super cute.
    414_300398580074151_396020925_n.jpg
  • Ssesia
    Ssesia Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Awww, look at you responding to her request to come save her. That's super cute.
    414_300398580074151_396020925_n.jpg

:laugh: You have no idea what you're talking about.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

How do you justify your commenting on other people's posts while condemning those who comment on the OP? It seems that you are guilty of the very action you rant against.