Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• sunny_jimbob
    Options
    Hi, third time trying to get into using MFP! I'm 31 and up until my mid 20s could eat as much of whatever I wanted with no consequences, and have never really got over not being able to do that any more! Just looking to get a handle on what I eat, mainly to be honest with myself about it, and I'd like to lose 15/20 lb initially too.

My BMI has me just below obese, but I am well over 6' and have a naturally muscular build (under the padding!) so don't fully trust the BMI figures. I'm currently around 17 st 8, and the NHS BMI calculator says I should be 14 st 10 at most, which would leave me absurdly thin! I'm more aiming at around 16 st 8 and see where I go from there.

I've started doing the 100 pushups challenge, and am going to try to get into Zombies Run! again.

I'm hoping that by giving and receiving motivational boosts I can actually get on with it all this time!
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 30 from indiana. I'm down 15 lbs and my goals is to lose 100. I log on multiple multiple times a day - and would love to have some friends!
  • bradg75
    bradg75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Been a member for a while now, but I've never really kept up with it. I'm gonna start keeping track every day and looking to make some new friends along the way...feel free to add me...bradg75
  • lrpxo
    lrpxo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, im laura, 5lbs down 57lbs to go. Add away! More people im accountable to the more i cant cheat. would love to help others reach their goal
  • liannedyer123
    liannedyer123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey im 33 and need to lose a lot more yet but feel free to add me !
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 27 from Vancouver Canada. Been on MFP for over 2 years now and log on daily. Looking to lose about 5 lbs but mostly get lean.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 from Boston and have 18 more pounds to go. Could use an accountability buddy. So feel free to add me :)
  • fitmominkc3
    Options
    Hello there! I'm 35. Married with 2 kids and need to release 60 pounds. I log on almost everyday.
  • K_M_O_C_K
    K_M_O_C_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom of 2 boys (8 and 6), just turned 39 today and need to commit to my health. I have stopped and started way too many times and would love to add some "friends" to help stay accountable!
  • fitmominkc3
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • K_M_O_C_K
    K_M_O_C_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks :). I figured I'd set a "fit before 40" goal and take the time to lose the weight "right" this time. I am aiming to lose about 40 pounds.
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just did a friend purge last night and dropped all the people who hadn't logged in for six months or more, now I need new friends lol
    Bonus points if you lift or are into IIFYM :)
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my 40s and a mom of two boys. I don't have a specific weight loss goal, I just want to get fitter and to look better in my clothes. :-) Happy to be friends!
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm 29 and have lost 34 lbs since feb. I maintain a caloric deficit while eating what I want and not cutting out my favorite foods. I've learned moderation is the key to success for me. Add me and let's learn from each other.
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 30lbs in the past year and trying to lose the last 15-20... of course been addicted to MFP for quite some time and more than half of my friends haven't logged in for a really long time and I would like mutually supportive friends... I love to support those who can provide inspiration as well!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • wildprincess1621
    Options
    I'm 23. Been on fitpal for a while. It's been a long journey lost 45lbs so far through hard work and dedication. I only need to lose 15 more to hit my ultimate goal! Best friend is getting married next year and want to look great by her side need to tone up and need some more motivation to say with it! let's help motivate each other!!
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • tmarie_x
    tmarie_x Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey, I just joined MFP today after hearing good things.

I'm 23 from the UK looking to lose around 20lbs and generally tone up.

Feel free to add me! ????
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Friends are a great motivator and source of encouragement!

I'm 44, momma to 7, Gramma to 2. Have been here for awhile,but haven't been active since breaking my ankle and requiring surgery late December. Am now up, mobile, and back to work and ready to do this! Gained 20 while laid up with the ankle and now have a total of about 60to lose. Recently got a fitbit which am finding helpful to keep me moving.

I try to log every day!

Feel free to add me!