Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Why do kitties wiggle their butts like that?

They do it to balance their weight for the most efficient pounce and kill.

Yes, I am a cat nerd.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Wait.... isn't this whole thread rude and arrogant?
    tumblr_ls3kp2fb9f1r317bvo1_500.gif
    No. There are six or maybe seven now who have stated they are NOT rude nor arrogant. I think my counting is correct with an error margin of 13.584%.
    8. Error margin went down to 0%.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

And this is the exact reason no one takes the "mean people" threads seriously. If someone as awesome and nice as Acrylics gets called mean and a bully then I clearly don't stand a chance, so I just do my thing.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Why do kitties wiggle their butts like that?

They do it to balance their weight for the most efficient pounce and kill.

Yes, I am a cat nerd.
    :flowerforyou:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I take it the bread alternatives were a no go, huh OP? :sad:

:blushing:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It's so true! I've been around for awhile, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately from new people who need some guidance and not sure what to do, and are getting a lot of negative input from people! It's sad, makes me wonder how many people are being pushed away because they aren't getting the encouragement they thought. But anyway, I try my best to be kind! Maybe people are just starting to get too calorie deprived and grumpy ;)

By negative you mean proper guidance?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

It happens often. :frown:

Most often I just get called negative. I'm not a sugar coating kind of person. But I also don't go out of my way to be harsh.

:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

And this is the exact reason no one takes the "mean people" threads seriously. If someone as awesome and nice as Acrylics gets called mean and a bully then I clearly don't stand a chance, so I just do my thing.

:smooched:
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    To all of you, including OP, who are appalled at snarkiness in internet forums:

welcome+to+the+internet+this+cat+will+be+your+guide+_6adac715c9116d64be189ff15ef62012.jpeg

Also get a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and listen. There are some knowledgeable people here, and you might learn something!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    It's so true! I've been around for awhile, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately from new people who need some guidance and not sure what to do, and are getting a lot of negative input from people! It's sad, makes me wonder how many people are being pushed away because they aren't getting the encouragement they thought. But anyway, I try my best to be kind! Maybe people are just starting to get too calorie deprived and grumpy ;)
    I don't see this at all. I see a huge bunch of questions that are easily found via search. And lots of rudeness when the oldies take time out of their day to reply. What happened to doing one's research properly? Kids these days want everything right now and if the weight doesn't come off immediately there are temper tantrums, fat freezes, oil grossness, cleanses left and right, miracle pills, weird berries, and endless snowflake excuses. Do you see that? Your post count doesn't insinuate lots of active forum support, but maybe you do your kindness thing elsewhere.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    OP if you're still reading, here's a tip for next time.

If you wanna take 'em on, don't let *a* *single* *drop* *of* *blood* *from* *a* *previous* *injury* be made visible in these waters.

A feeding frenzy will ensue and it won't be clean eating.

Also, take 'em on one at a time in the very thread where they annoyed you. The bread thread. Don't schedule a surprise battle elsewhere without a precise strategy, state of the art verbal weaponry, sharp critical thinking skills, certified paralegal training from a reputable and accredited community college and a heroic army behind you.

I don't think you saw this coming. And if you did, you got some spine there. Good on ya!

(and I haven't read the bread thread, so I don't *actually* know what I'm talking about...)

Feeding Frenzy! Resorting to stereotyping I see, rude!
    SharkBunny.jpeg
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, to come back and look for gifs.
  • monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree some people can be very rude and snobby, oh well that is what happens when you go into an on-line community - you get a variety of personalities, but hey isn't that what makes life interesting?!
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    OP if you're still reading, here's a tip for next time.

If you wanna take 'em on, don't let *a* *single* *drop* *of* *blood* *from* *a* *previous* *injury* be made visible in these waters.

A feeding frenzy will ensue and it won't be clean eating.

Also, take 'em on one at a time in the very thread where they annoyed you. The bread thread. Don't schedule a surprise battle elsewhere without a precise strategy, state of the art verbal weaponry, sharp critical thinking skills, certified paralegal training from a reputable and accredited community college and a heroic army behind you.

I don't think you saw this coming. And if you did, you got some spine there. Good on ya!

(and I haven't read the bread thread, so I don't *actually* know what I'm talking about...)

Feeding Frenzy! Resorting to stereotyping I see, rude!
    SharkBunny.jpeg
    It's a shape shifter. Bunnyshark. Mouseshark. Bunnyshark. Mouseshark.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    The search engine on this website sucks. You search "1200 calories" and will get the most recent thread and all of its comments as the results. You have to weed through entire thread comments before you find anything meaningful. True story.

OP - internet is full of big meanies, sex and sugar deprived people. Others who really just don't give a f about you or anyone else. There are also people who are super knowledgeable here. Find those people.
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    Are you serious, because if you are, I would friend you. It's all over the internet....people who hide behind anonymity instead of being courteous and real.
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the animations on here! :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    The search engine on this website sucks. You search "1200 calories" and will get the most recent thread and all of its comments as the results. You have to weed through entire thread comments before you find anything meaningful. True story.

OP - internet is full of big meanies, sex and sugar deprived people. Others who really just don't give a f about you or anyone else. There are also people who are super knowledgeable here. Find those people.

This is true. It works better to just do a google search and add "myfitnesspal" to whatever you're looking for.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately posting anything in these forums will generally get a person ripped to shreds. No matter how nice or politically correct you try to be there is always a snarky comedian ready to pounce.:grumble:
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It may be an occupational hazard for me but I'm used to rude and arrogant people. Or what I PERCEIVE to be rude and arrogant. I basically let it roll off my back because I personally don't want to carry around my PERCEPTION of negative energy and let it weigh me down.

And...I have gotten awesome advice from some people that are very direct where other people may see them as arrogant and rude.