Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This thread is out of control. Enjoy.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yes, but they pretty much stay out of the forums. Didn't used to be that way around here, but unfortunately with growth these forums have gone the way of most internet forums. Good luck to you!

I suspect this is more selective memory than reality. If you scroll back into the earlier threads from years ago...(and yes, I have actually done this even if it was for nefarious necromancy reasons)...you'll find plenty of similar threads.

TL;DR - this isn't a new MFP phenomenon.
    Nope. Nothing selective about it. I'm talking pre-2011 FYI.

Why on earth would OP possibly care if it "didn't used to be that way around here" 3-4+ years ago. How is that the least bit helpful/relevant? Of course the culture of a community changes with growth and over time, but since OP probably doesn't have a wayback machine how this forum used to be probably doesn't matter much. A more helpful thing to say would be "you might try to find a community with a smaller user base that more closely matches the online culture you are seeking. This forum used to be that way so I know they can exist, though I am not sure where one is presently"- and even THAT would be rather unhelpful.

Or are you just wanting brownie points for having been around since pre-2011? Cause that is how your post reads... here, have a cookie.
  • caarsen
    caarsen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is not going to end well.

3OXSOKw.jpg

Actually I don't think it's going to end at all. People are having too much fun.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    a0046cd87ab4b245598631ee78c10dacd6017a6a68c204b0971a219470e67001.jpg
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    a0046cd87ab4b245598631ee78c10dacd6017a6a68c204b0971a219470e67001.jpg

Trust the... thing! He's in control!

(Anteater???)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    i-dont-care.jpg
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is the song that doesn't end it just goes on and on my friend..... lol woop lets get to 20 pages!
  • kerynwolff
    kerynwolff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Strong first post.

Epic even.

And 3+ years in the making.

:drinker:
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh where oh where has the op gone, oh where oh where can she beeeeeeee
  • kerynwolff
    kerynwolff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    omg... i was mucking around with this now i cant delete it.... sad n sorry 2nd post :grumble:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I've seen her called even worse than that.

Seriously, there are some real jerks here...

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.

I can't even think of one thread where I've seen ILHA be rude. :huh:
    She was totally mean to me... she posted pictures of amazing delicious home-baked treats in the 30-day sweets thread, and they looked so fantastic that I wanted some. SABOTAGE!!! :angry:
    /notsrs
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    These threads ALWAYS make me wonder what thread responses prompted the OPs to post a "mean people" thread in the first place.

OP, what was the straw that broke your back? What moral crime did you witness that forced you to start this thread? I would love to know.

People told her to eat bread. Hideous, I know.

I suggested it was a good source of fibre, with essential vitamins.
    But it is man-made so that equals bad.

Why does it always have to be made by a man? Why couldn't a woman possibly have made it?!

Because.
  • BobbiTracey
    BobbiTracey Posts: 53
    Options
    I was told this is where the rude pr!cks are reporting this afternoon....

200_s.gif

Full marks for the Harry Potter reference! :drinker:
  • whitebalance
    Options
    stash-3-505c9fe6a5c2c.gif
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    stash-3-505c9fe6a5c2c.gif

aw....it's a kitty & bunny love fest, how cute. :)
  • whitebalance
    Options
    So...

Would this be a good time to ask the OP out?

Just don't be a p**ck or rude.

I already got that out of the way on like page 6 or 7.

Now it is time to make the magic happen.

Go for it, would suggest not bringing bread though.

Too late. I wanna join this sammich

:love:
    funny-cats-asleep-rabbit-animals.jpg
    Here's the pic I was trying to include... but they moved it...
    08ed12cfe9fabd48ba7bd9767ce053be.jpg
  • JoeyIbz
    JoeyIbz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    iV6msL0KpOqIp.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Questions invite opinions. There's no way to answer a question without giving an opinion.

This ^^^

and there is no way to say "You're wrong, and what you're suggesting is stupid and dangerous and setting yourself up for failure" that is guaranteed to not offend anyone.

there are very few rude people on MFP and actually they tend to get called out for it. But there are a lot of blunt people, and it's easy to end up being blunt here because you can write a 1000 word essay trying to say "you're wrong and what you're suggesting is stupid and dangerous and setting yourself up for failure" in a more gentle way, but they still get offended because the person asking the question didn't want to be told they were wrong, so you just end up saving your typing fingers and being blunt.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately,people are like this all over the internet these days. You are better off just ignoring the bad ones,don't sink to their level.