Fitiversary: 1 Year, Pics, My Story

Options

Replies

• Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are inspirational! Good luck to both you and your husband.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures! You look amazing! And congrats to your hubby too!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow for Jessica.

Wow for Unnamed Husband.

end of message
  • toyamon
    toyamon Posts: 3
    Options
    O...

M...

G...

You are AMAZING. This is the most inspiring success story I've ever read on here!! Congratulations on being one heck of a BAMF!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

what she said!
    congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this is truly inspiring!!

Running makes me nervous, because of knees. When you first started out, did you have any issues?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I cried while reading this. One of the best success stories I've ever read.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! And so are your husband and your mom! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are so inspiring!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Your story has brought me to tears. You are so amazing! You're such an inspiration. I hope you become district manager and all of your other dreams come true too!
  • bjstru
    bjstru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have read a lot of success stories on MFP and yours truly struck a nerve. Thank you for continuing to give the rest of us hope. May all your future plans come to fruition.
  • nicoleduo
    nicoleduo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I LOVE YOUR STORY. YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION FOR TODAY. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE WHAT MY FIRST YEAR LOOKS LIKE. I AM ABOUT 6 MONTH IN. JUST AMAZING!
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love! Congratulations!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You are incredible!

Would you care to share any program tips or training wisdom for other runners? What type of training helped you as a heavier runner when you started?

I enjoyed all the photos and running stats, it makes me wish I'd tracked my own journey better!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I just read again.

Still awesome.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are such a beautiful inspiration!
  • sherrymwebb
    sherrymwebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing! Happy Fitiversary!!! Way to go!
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this is truly inspiring!!

Running makes me nervous, because of knees. When you first started out, did you have any issues?

Issues. Omg. Where do I begin.

Let's see I am a fish out of water, hence a February baby, two left feet.

I have a torn muscle in my upper right leg from a bicycle accident when I went over the top of my handlebars in 2009.
    I have a bed left knee due to a spinning back kick to it in karate in 2006.
    I suffer from plantar fasciitis in both feet due to being over weight and standing in one place doing retail.

I deal with easily over swelling and needing to have a low sodium diet.

As far as health issues go... I have dealt with chronic kidney issues, multiple stones. I had no cycle issues preweightloss and my body is currently on a hormonal roller coaster. I am working with a physician to come to a solution that does not require birth control as I have suffered with depression a huge part of my life and hormones send me over the edge.

All that being said. I never gave up. I stretched extra. I iced down. I repeated multiple weeks of c25k and let my body tell me no. The reality is at 330 lbs that's a lot of pressure on u to run. So I started with a military shuffle. I never ran faster than I could carry a conversation. I was running in October 10 miles at 15 minute miles. Why because I was moving. That's what matter. And I pushed thru. Once I hit 250 lbs running was my life. I'd been running for 80 lbs and my body was eating it up .

I'm huge on injury prevention. I've added yoga & a foam roller based on suggestions from a personal trainer I got to use for a month.

Make sure u use the right shoes too. Protect urs elf. Drink lots of water.

Because of my knee and leg issues I am just starting strength training and will be doing it under supervision.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but your favorite football team needs your inspiration and drive! :)
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    I just became your fan :)

could we please be friends :D
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You are incredible!

Would you care to share any program tips or training wisdom for other runners? What type of training helped you as a heavier runner when you started?

I enjoyed all the photos and running stats, it makes me wish I'd tracked my own journey better!

Gosh where to begin.

I used a purchased c25k app by clear sky for Apple products. My husband used zen labs for his android.

I read every runners world magazine dating back to 2012. Including their guide to weightless & injury prevention.

I purchased a book called Core Performance Endurance. I don't agree with everything in the book as some people with kidney issues like me cannot eat high protein diets but the concepts are great and the sections on foam rolling and diversity in endurance programs like running fueled my knowledge.

I joined a local running club and promised myself that I would attempt to run every race and walk what I couldn't do.

Climbing stairs. I didn't start this til 290ish pounds. I walked two stairs up two stairs down on my front porch. 30 minutes with. Medicine ball. I didn't run it. I walked up and down. This helped build my knees and leg strength.

As I have said before I never ran faster than I could carry a conversation. This served me well for learning how to breathe and now I can push under 10 minute miles?

The biggest thing for bigger runners is to learn to read the ground. Falling can be devastating. Run with a partner when u can or a safe place without lots of traffic u need to watch up feet.

Oh and alternate sides of the road. As a heavy set person running on slopes will hurt u. It will pull run knees and hips.

Calve sleeves. Are a do not. Those who have been over. The top obese and have swelling issues even at smaller weights cannot wear these. I became injured during my marathon due to over swelling around valve sleeves.

Loose cotton shirts don't work. U need core shirts that are tight and hold u in. Women need we'll fitted bra, and we'll fitted pants. It doesn't matter what others think. Ur fat rolls are gonna show. Wearing well fitted will make it more comfortable. And easier to run.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!