name a must have food

Options

Replies

• skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and tea. Not together though :)
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whole grain deli rye bread - any kind of rye bread actually. My number one must have, I LOVE it!

Venison - Only get to have it though if we're lucky enough to harvest a deer in season. When we do, I use ground venison in place of ground beef for casserole recipes & burgers, and roasts cooked in a crockpot w/onion soup mix then shredded for hot 'deer' sandwiches. Plus, in my opinion wood fire grilled marinated venison tenderloins, backstraps or chops are the absolute BEST steak in the universe! *drool* I actually prefer it over a beef NY strip, T-bone or Porterhouse. :)

... GAH! Now I'm hungry for venison, but we're out. Hurry up November! hehe

Pretty much everything else I MUST have is quite common.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Peanuts
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Duck.

My favorite bird to eat. Other people though...either go "Ewww!" or have never had it.

Why is that apex predators such as ourselves only eat 3-4 animals? Beef, pork, chicken, sometimes turkey. Well and various fish but that's practically a vegetable, as Ron Swanson says.

We need to eat a wider variety of lesser creatures.

Duck is expensive to buy, and many people don't have the means, know-how or desire to hunt. But why do we need to eat more variety?

For variety! Variety is good. What if we only at half a dozen kinds of vegetables? Boring.

The reason its expensive is because its low volume. Places in asia its a cheap as chicken.
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lemons.

Everyone should squeeze a lemon into their water.
  • tiggersmum
    tiggersmum Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    milk....can't have a cuppa without it
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lemon squares! They're my biggest weakness, I love them so much.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm picky. I don't think I love anything that other people don't. I think I probably eat a lot more junk than other people here though. ;-)

Though, I would say potstickers/dumplings would be something I don't see on many diaries but they are so low calorie and so good.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm picky. I don't think I love anything that other people don't. I think I probably eat a lot more junk than other people here though. ;-)

Though, I would say potstickers/dumplings would be something I don't see on many diaries but they are so low calorie and so good.

I love potstickers but where can you get them where theyre not high in calories?
    When I looked them up on MFP this is what it said:

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Kahiki - Pork Potstickers (No Sauce), 3 pieces 190 18 10 6 1 2 
    Tai Pei - Chicken Potstickers (No Sauce), 4 pieces 200 29 6 8 1 3
    Ling Ling - Chicken & Vegetable Potstickers (No Sauce), 5 pieces (14g) 270 39 7 12 1 4
    Are you just eating the plain Vegetable 1's?
    Lee's - Vegetable Potstickers, 4 dumplings 90 16 2 4 2 2 
  • 1debbie123
    1debbie123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    it's called get out...go outside for a walk a chat with whom ever and for god's sake leave the phone at home ....imagine talking to someone without the beeps bells an whistles....that is what life is about not all this phony crap....sorry on a bit of a rant we are getting to wrapped up in all this to see life is passing by if you don't get out there and enjoy to whatever you can...peace
  • 1debbie123
    1debbie123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you can love so many recipes but for goodness sakes if that is all your doing is online and cooking your in trouble because it's a big world out there so go and enjoy it
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts! Sliced or shredded, tossed in a little coconut oil, salt & pepper, a sprinkle of parmesan, and roasted at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. I could eat them all day, every day. Maybe I should. :tongue:

I think I just wet myself.
  • KearaMommie
    Options
    Omurice so good.
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos at PadreritaGrill on South Padre Island, Lasagna at Cortinos in Weslaco, deep dish at Lou Malnattis in Chicago, Nathan's Special (crab cakes, flounder fillet, wild gulf caught shrimp, fries, cole slaw) and an Arnold Palmer at Joe's Oyster Bar in Port Isabelle, BBQ pretty much everywhere in Texas . . .
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love potstickers but where can you get them where theyre not high in calories?
    When I looked them up on MFP this is what it said:

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Kahiki - Pork Potstickers (No Sauce), 3 pieces 190 18 10 6 1 2 
    Tai Pei - Chicken Potstickers (No Sauce), 4 pieces 200 29 6 8 1 3
    Ling Ling - Chicken & Vegetable Potstickers (No Sauce), 5 pieces (14g) 270 39 7 12 1 4
    Are you just eating the plain Vegetable 1's?
    Lee's - Vegetable Potstickers, 4 dumplings 90 16 2 4 2 2 

I don't really think the ones you listed are that high in calories. They could be bigger/smaller too.

The ones I buy (from the junk store) are 190 calories for five pieces. They are pork and vegetable. $1 for a bag. My husband and I split the bag (two servings). The brand is Tasty Select. IMO, they are decently sized enough to be a part of a meal, so we could have that and some other side (veggies in garlic sauce) for a meal or that could be a side itself. We boil them and then use soy sauce. (Though I see plenty of recipes online to make other low calorie meals.)

I actually thought they tasted better than the Trader Joe's brand, which was 200 calories for seven potstickers. (They were chicken.)
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Pickled beetroot made from beetroot grown on the allotment. Only got two more jars left in the cupboard though - situation is getting desperate !!!
  • muswc2014
    muswc2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hummus, as well as fage 0% greek yogurt.......I love it! It has helped me to like things like celery, carrots, and cucumbers. I also keep boars head maple glazed chicken breast on hand. It is protein with a hint of sweetness to satisfy cravings and not to mention it is acceptable by the american heart association.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Durian, mangosteen, cherimoya, starfruit and all the other expensive, exotic fruits my wallet can't handle. :( If I ever get the chance to travel to southeast asia, I'm gonna stuff myself silly until I explode!!!

Edit: Good idea. I'm gonna put that on my life bucket list. Travel to fruit paradise.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Duck.

My favorite bird to eat. Other people though...either go "Ewww!" or have never had it.

Why is that apex predators such as ourselves only eat 3-4 animals? Beef, pork, chicken, sometimes turkey. Well and various fish but that's practically a vegetable, as Ron Swanson says.

We need to eat a wider variety of lesser creatures.

Does horse count, cuz the horse sashimi I had in japan was awesome :X