Gym confessions...

Options
124»

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...........I wear an ipod every day even though it has been dead for months because I never charge it up. I don't care about music when I work out, I just wear it so nobody will talk to me lol!

This must be a popular thing to do and people are now just assuming that this is whats going on with everyone. I actually listen to music on my ipod but people are always trying to talk to me like I can hear them, then I have to stop what I'm doing and take the ear buds out and ask them what the hell they want.. LOL!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Here's mine...........I wear an ipod every day even though it has been dead for months because I never charge it up. I don't care about music when I work out, I just wear it so nobody will talk to me lol!

This must be a popular thing to do and people are now just assuming that this is whats going on with everyone. I actually listen to music on my ipod but people are always trying to talk to me like I can hear them, then I have to stop what I'm doing and take the ear buds out and ask them what the hell they want.. LOL!

Try just pointing at your ear bud. If that doesn't work, tell them that you are on a conference call.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh, here's another one. Whenever I'm running on the indoor track, if someone ever seems like they're going to pass me, I am compelled to launch into a full sprint and not let it happen, even if I already have multiple miles under my belt and they just hopped on. It's a nice way to get some interval training, but the simple fact of the matter is, I don't let people pass me, unless they're just so far above my ability that I can't keep up.

Also, if I'm slowly gaining on somebody who is running about the same pace as me, I also amp it up so I can pass them. I can't concentrate with somebody in front of me.

Interestingly this is also how I drive.

So you're the one in my rear view mirror! :grumble: :laugh:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    When running on the treadmill, I have to clinch my butt cheeks hard to prevent cutting muffins.

My gym is at work, and there have been a few times where I could not tell if I let out a loud one since my headphones were on.

lmao off, I "cut muffins" during yoga and pray that no one knows it's me

Also, I watch tv when I'm on the elliptical. Either Jeopardy or the Blue Jays game. I will be found cheering loudly or answering the "questions" out loud and not realizing that everyone can hear me.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

LOL. OMG, I LOVE THAT! hahahahah
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I never wear headphones to the gym as they get in the way and I see no need to cut myself off from humanity. It's funny, all the really fit people in my gym smile, chat with each other, and enjoy their workouts. Not a day goes by where someone doesn't walk up to me, call me by name, and say "hi." I'm much more impressed by a heavy squat than a sour attitude.

Right? Also what is with everyone hating people at the gym? I love it when people are friendly and smile and say hello

It's the everyone is so mean/creepers!/stranger danger crowd. I don't know how they get through life without blowing a gasket.

Because it's a pain in the *kitten* when some guy comes over and starts chatting you up. They usually don't have a clue socially, so small signals like checking your watch don't work. You either have to ignore them and continue with what you are doing, which can be uncomfortable, especially if they respond by getting in your space. Or be really direct - and risk them getting pissy with you. Or stop what you are doing and hide in the locker room or something. Sometimes they'll even follow you around the gym.

Headphones are a great tool - you either avoid eye contact or smile and nod and replace them so it's evident that you aren't listening to them anymore, which can work about half the time.

And, it doesn't matter how attractive I think or don't think I am. I know this because I have experience with it. This isn't some sort of fantasy danger.

Exhibit #1
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Is there something wrong with me? I don't have any creepers/staring/talkers at my gym, and it's HUGE! I had one personal trainer comment on my t-shirt because it gave him the giggles, but other than that no one talks to me! I've seen 1 guy for the past 5 years, and we do the nod, but other than that I'm the creepy one on the elliptical cheering when the Jays get a double play, or watching some bro deadlift a massive amount of weights while I am in between sets. Huh, maybe I should make direct eye contact more.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I wear headphones mostly because the piped in music at any gym I've ever been to doesn't get me "pumped up."

ie: "Let it Go?" or "Lucky" or "Your Body is a Wonderland?" No thanks.

Plus you can't skip the Muzak.

My confession? I like that people watch me. I WANT people to watch me. I want them to feel inspired. I want them to feel excited... yeah. I said it.

I like when guys talk to me (about my workout) - it gives me a thrill in my "been married for almost 17 years" soul. I like going home and telling my husband "oh this guy asked me about how the wedding went..." because that guy was there 3 months beforehand and knew what my goals were. - it was my brother's wedding.

I like when chics talk to me... but they normally don't. And yes, I'd tell my husband that stuff too.

I'm petite. I'm cute. But when I'm in the gym I just feel like a sex pot.

I've also been told I'm not like "most girls." And I'm ok with that. Because I don't have to be like "most girls."
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My gym confession.....I go to a gym where I don't work so that nobody knows I'm a trainer to interrupt my workout with questions about theirs. I have had this backfire on me, though, when guys see me in the weight room and want to "correct my form". Idiots who think they know something get really pissed when you ask them about their degrees and explain to them that they are biomechanically incorrect and you know this because of having a much more advanced education in exercise physiology than they have. But they don't get nearly as pissed as when you lift heavier than they do. :laugh: Yes, that's my other confession, I have adapted to where I go to a gym where nobody knows me and then show off with the heaviest weights I can handle so that the little boys in the weight room feel inadequate. It started out because I wanted to get in a workout without interruption, but ended up where I push myself harder because I'm making sure I'm lifting heavier than anyone else in the gym. Now that I'm older and not getting the interruptions by the guys, I still like to go show off a little in the weight room because it still pushes me to lift heavier whether it affects anyone else or not.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I've totally farted while on an elliptical and when another woman made eye contact with me, inclined my head towards the guy loudly grunting a couple of machines down, making a face. She bought it. Sorry, not sorry dude.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I started wearing actual black underwear with my compression pants after seeing another woman bend over--showing the entire gym her WHOLE world! I know her....so told her to retire those pants!

I am paranoid of showing butt crack while squatting bending, etc. Even more so that I will and no one will tell me! lol. Black pants+Black panties=no butt crack!

Lol such a regular thing at gyms. All the guys notice it. Haha

And they never let a girl know, either. -__- Everyone saw my striped undies and finally after a few hours of wearing them, a friend clued me in. -_____-
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My confession! I don't like taking my own towel to the gym, and don't pay for towel service, so I just take 3 extra wipe-off hand towels from the racks by the ellipticals to dry off after my shower. Thats what they get for charging me for a full size towel :P
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My choice of treadmills largely depends on the female booty on the ellipticals in front of the treadmills. Its just nice to sneak a glance when a less-than-inspiring songs pops up on Pandora. I'm really not this guy....

Xz4ma.gif

Good to know. I always wonder if the guy behind me ever sneaks a glance. Of course I probably don't pass the inspection for nice enough female booty lol. Guys don't typically tend to flock to my treadmill or elliptical area.