Anyone getting addicted to walking??

Options
13»

Replies

• needlerknits
    needlerknits Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes. I live in a lovely neighborhood for walking, and it's an opportunity to socialize a little with other walkers. So many of them have dogs, too, so it's nice to greet them. Walking is all I can do. Had to cut out the gym (and TV) a couple years ago so no more swimming which was really the best for my inflammatory arthritis. My joints do complain - some days more than others - but they don't get any worse, and I can do 2 or 3 miles 5 or 6 days a week, no flareups. I kind of talk back to my joints and "put my mind in the routine" of walking, sort of. Any other time I'm limpy gimpy but when I get into my walking rhythm I can set it aside. And hey, at least on "bad elbow days" or when wrists and hands are acting up, I can walk pretty well. So it's not fun and it's not comfortable, but yeah, I really do look forward to walking - I feel compelled to get out there! Soon I may get back into a little bit of hiking here in the Blue Ridge, even. And I just started fostering animals for the Humane Society. Sick cats, so far. But soon a dog to walk? (: (:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    defo! now im annoyed if i dont have time (or need to buy too many items to carry) to walk/bike to the store and have to drive. although, typically, i can bike to most of the stores almost faster than driving.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Completely addicted. I usually do at least 40-60 minutes a day with my dog and my favorite podcasts. Sometimes more, but it's getting too hot lately.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love walking outside! I walk at least 6 times a week! I hate when it rains outside because I can't get to the track!!!