Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options

Replies

• an_average_guy
    Options
    One more reason I'm glad I'm not a woman, but I do appreciate them.
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have K cup(UK size) , so running and jumping...very difficult and painful....No proper sports bras for my size. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem (32DD) but some others do. It will depend on a variety of factors and some need to double up on the sports bra.

Or find a better one. Price is not alwasy indicitive of whether a sports bra is the right one, nor are recommendations from others. It's really a very individual thing.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    FYI - breasts don't weight 30-40 pounds. Nowhere near that.

Also, obviously it's going to depend on the person. However, with the right sports bra and a good bra (I wear both at the same time) those babies don't go anywhere. Granted, I'm only a 34D, but obviously if you let them flop around they're going to hurt. Take the time and secure them in place properly and they won't hurt. I'm sure the TIGOBITTY chicks might have a harder time finding good hardware to secure theirs....
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Side note, I really want to put together a curvy girls 5k after hearing about all this bouncing that goes on.

IN!! For the support of course. I mean for helping hold the cups. Staph it! I'm talking about giving them water when they run by.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ok, so as an F cup, the smooshing style bras don't do anything but squeeze you. And you need to be a contortionist to get into them. I need a solid band and underwire. When I was in high school and barely an A cup, a simple pullover sports bra was sufficient. Not so much now.

Maybe you could recommend to your friends the Panache Underwire Sport bra. That's my current favorite. Moving Comfort also has some good ones.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Lol, Op, this is not the first time you have posted a thread to bring in ladies talking about their big boobs.

lol duly noted, however, this time I am genuinely speaking the truth.

in case some of the people assuming that im some biggot or d-bag that just argues about what I don't know anything about, the reason i asked it here was because my sister and friend tend to complain about a LOT of things, to the point where it's the whole little boy cried wolf scenarios, wherein I would rather get the information from people who I assume do not complain about every little thing to clarify whether or not (in this case I was) I was wrong.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    it doesnt hurt me in a regular bra, and I have a decent size chest.( i learned recently from *ahem* someone that i was wearing the wrong size...oops)

so I guess it goes by the individual.

:wink:
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an excuse to me. I have large breasts and it is true that cheap sports bras (which is what I use) will still result in bouncing, however it's not painful to the extent you cannot run. Maybe a little bothersome at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly. A good sports bra will fix the problem right quick, however. My *kitten* hurt when I started running from the fat bouncing around, but after a week or two of running it didn't 't bother me anymore. Sometimes you have to push through the minor discomforts of life to get to the good stuff. I wouldn't continue arguing with women about their breasts, though, you're never going to win.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You have no boobs you have no idea what its like.

I double and have a tank with a shelf bra and even then its not always comfortable
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Ok, so as an F cup, the smooshing style bras don't do anything but squeeze you. And you need to be a contortionist to get into them. I need a solid band and underwire. When I was in high school and barely an A cup, a simple pullover sports bra was sufficient. Not so much now.

Maybe you could recommend to your friends the Panache Underwire Sport bra. That's my current favorite. Moving Comfort also has some good ones.

thank you, my sister is definitely new to running and what not, and I don't know if she knows what's good or not. She tends to whine about a lot of things, but I try and help her regardless. I will definitely let her know to try and purchase one of those, perhaps the one she bought isn't working. I just couldn't tell if it was her trying to get out of working out with me, or if it was genuinely her complaining about it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Side note, I really want to put together a curvy girls 5k after hearing about all this bouncing that goes on.

IN!! For the support of course. I mean for helping hold the cups. Staph it! I'm talking about giving them water when they run by.

Water cups!! Curvy Girls Wet T-Shirt 5k. It will be held on a nippy morning in February!

We'll have a bounce house at the finish so they can relax and have fun. For the kids of course.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Why does a guy even care unless it for weird reasons?

Actually, one of the most painful things is the stares lol.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts! Also if your friends say so, why don't you believe them? Is this a joke they made up?

I try and believe in the logic behind why things are made. If someone had on a leg brace, I would assume that it effectively braced their legs, that being said, I assumed a sports bra would keep everything in place to avoid pain from running in that area. My logic was, that if they didn't move around all over the place, how could they hurt after a run.

Although from the answers seen, I'd have to rightfully assume I was wrong, and that there could be a flaw in the product.

it's not that there's a flaw in the product per say but that it's an inferior product. cheap sports bras from target or walmart or heck even some sporting goods stores are poorly made. a good sports bra can be expensive ($50 or more) and well let's face it sometimes you just don't have the available funds to buy a $65 bra so you opt for two $20 ones instead and hope for the best
  • brista128
    brista128 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sports bras aren't always strong enough to keep everything strapped down, especially if you are very busty. The ones sold in most stores like Target or Kohls or even most/all of the Nike/Lululemon/etc are pretty flimsy and useless because they are basically just stretchy material with no support whatsover. Bigger busted girls usually need to invest in more expensive sports bras and can't usually find them in stores, and even then, if you are very VERY busty, well, good luck. I'd imagine that's even more difficult if you are have a small band size and a very large cup size!

I am not particularly blessed up top, but I really couldn't start running at all until I found a heavier duty sports bra with hooks and underwire. I usually wear that with tops that have built in cami bras (so - even more support) but sometimes it's still uncomfortable. So anyway, they are right. Even if sports bras are MEANT to strap everything down, not all (or even most) are actull able to do achieve that goal. In fact I think most sports bras are made for AA ladies and mostly meant to look cute during yoga and keep the headlights from being too noticeable. Because they are totally useless for anything more than that.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is stemming from an argument I had with my sister and friend. They said that even though they wear sports bras, they can't run to their fullest potential because it still hurts. Is this true or not? My argument was that sports bras are supposed to tighten everything down and prevent any pain, and they said it still doesn't work.

Please someone tell me that I'm right so I can find some proof.
    Why do you want them to be wrong so badly? Yes it hurts. I have to triple up mine and it doesn't hold well at all. But having said that, I am still trying to get into jogging. Even if it hurts, its worth meeting a goal.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been fitted for a sports bra, i've doubled up, etc. and while battening down the DD's does help with the boob hurt, now i get shoulder and neck hurt because the bras are so tight which results in massive headaches post workout. depends on the person, the bra, etc. but yes, it can be extremely painful - especially around TTOM. stairs killed me when I was pregnant and nursing.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Why does a guy even care unless it for weird reasons?

Actually, one of the most painful things is the stares lol.

I assume you didn't see my reasons in other comments, but have you never assumed why someone else thinks a certain way, or what something may feel like even if you could never experience it? I wondered, and had an idea about the sports bras working and them using excuses. Now I realize from the helpful people on here that in fact, it could have just been the wrong sports bras and that I was wrong in my assumption. Nothing weird about that
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Let's get a drink and work out the details!