Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Lol, Op, this is not the first time you have posted a thread to bring in ladies talking about their big boobs.

lol duly noted, however, this time I am genuinely speaking the truth.

in case some of the people assuming that im some biggot or d-bag that just argues about what I don't know anything about, the reason i asked it here was because my sister and friend tend to complain about a LOT of things, to the point where it's the whole little boy cried wolf scenarios, wherein I would rather get the information from people who I assume do not complain about every little thing to clarify whether or not (in this case I was) I was wrong.

Oh, ok, I see. My only advice is for them to make sure the bra fits properly (as others have mentioned), other than that I don't have any advice.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

Why do you want them to be wrong so badly? Yes it hurts. I have to triple up mine and it doesn't hold well at all. But having said that, I am still trying to get into jogging. Even if it hurts, its worth meeting a goal.

Not necessarily that I want them to be wrong badly. (I do enjoy being right, especially with my sister and friend) lol but i just wanted to see if it was them being legitimately sincere, or complaining (which is what they often did) and trying to find an excuse to get out of it.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Lol, Op, this is not the first time you have posted a thread to bring in ladies talking about their big boobs.

lol duly noted, however, this time I am genuinely speaking the truth.

in case some of the people assuming that im some biggot or d-bag that just argues about what I don't know anything about, the reason i asked it here was because my sister and friend tend to complain about a LOT of things, to the point where it's the whole little boy cried wolf scenarios, wherein I would rather get the information from people who I assume do not complain about every little thing to clarify whether or not (in this case I was) I was wrong.

Oh, ok, I see. My only advice is for them to make sure the bra fits properly (as others have mentioned), other than that I don't have any advice.

any ideas for running shoes for a woman that has to wear a knee brace? She has to use a knee brace due to a deterioraton in her knee, and isn't sure what to do. If she had complained her knee I would have bee much more concerned, but she had little to no complaints about it (which means I'm hoping the knee brace is working well for her) but she's new to running and I have no idea as to whether or not shoes help with people wearing a knee brace work better than others.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip ladies, I've found the most success with wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over the regular bra and definitely buy some good supportive stuff, makes all the difference in the world.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Here's a tip ladies, I've found the most success with wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over the regular bra and definitely buy some good supportive stuff, makes all the difference in the world.

what supportive stuff? are there things in addition to the actual bras that help support or something?
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nothing really makes runs comfortable for curvy girls. I wear a regular with a sports bra and then a tight tank on top then my shirt. Sometimes if I really go all out it still hurts when I'm done. If the bra's too tight I feel like I can't breathe. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had this problem, no sports bra I ever bought would eliminate bouncing entirely, although the more expensive ones I tried were definitely better than the cheaper ones. I don't have a massive chest either - I wear a 36D. Before I took up jogging last month, I read lots of reviews of different sports bras for larger chested gals, before it occurred to me to ask my friend who wears a 34DD. She recommended the ShockAbsorber brand Ultimate Run bra - which never even came up when reading on the internet. I bought it in 38C rather than 36D, but it's the first bra that actually eliminates uncomfortable bouncing when I go jogging or do jumping jacks. I would highly recommend it.
  • melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As a DDD (It sounds ridiculous but with the right fitting, you'd be surprised with your cup size.)

I understand their frustration, but

I think with the right bra and right playlist, they will find running enjoyable (:

They have great brands at Nordstrom, like freya, panache and Anita .

They are pricier than the usual flimsy bra, but they will hold the gals together.

Prices are usually $60+

But very much worth it!

Also, if they get a fitting, that would be best because 80% of women actually get their bra size wrong!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My problem is the ones that are supposed to work really well aren't made in my size. 40DDD. If anyone finds one that does let me know cause my chin takes a pounding. JK! But seriously I wish they did make them bigger. That would solve so many problems.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, you're talking about your sister's boobs.

Your

SISTER'S

Boobs.

:huh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

what supportive stuff? are there things in addition to the actual bras that help support or something?

*cough* .... because my sister wants to know.

I hope she overcomes whatever disability she has that prevents her from using Google.
  • ekmcdan
    ekmcdan Posts: 38
    Options
    I think it's kind of weird that you're trying to find a reason as to why "women are lying" about being able to run with boobs or not. I mean, what do you have to gain in your attempt of proving so many women's testimonials wrong?

What you need to understand is that bras aren't cheap; we DO have to buy them, you know. It's an entire article of clothing that men don't even have to consider. To boot, if we don't wear them we're seen as indecent ("showing the nip"), and for a lot of women, wearing them is uncomfortable(therefore impractical) in the first place. That being said, bras can be the only solution to discomfort for a lot of people with larger boobs. Breasts are an extra X pounds of fat that overlie your pecs, and that can affect your center of gravity and posture. This means for many, bras are a necessity that prevents us from back pain and misalignment, and bad posture.

A quality sports bra would be the logical way to fight the force of gravity that our breasts deal with. However, at $20-$40 for each bra, how many people really have the resources to find "the perfect bra"? You should question why it's so hard to find quality bras. My guess is, were women to control the bra industry, this problem would be null (imagine if women made 70% of jockstraps). Due to all of this poor quality and the inconsistency in the apparel market SPECIFICALLY FOR WOMEN, there is no 'true size' in bra purchasing. I have bought several size 38D bras that have all been different sizes. That means even if you buy your size, it could end up fitting poorly... and INJURING you. $20 down the toilet right there, and still no solution.

It's like a woman asking you "can you really sit on your nuts?" and after a slew of men answering a resounding "Yes!" and even recall these incidents, that woman responding "Well, you're wrong. You should just buy a quality jock strap. That's your problem. I'd never sit on MY nuts."

I think that you should either take what women are saying as true experiences and therefore learn of our experiences (aka your question is answered) or stop complaining all together.
  • CookNLift
    Options

*cough* .... because my sister wants to know.

I hope she overcomes whatever disability she has that prevents her from using Google.

she complains that she wants to get into shape, and since we both did the color run together, I made it a point to have her run with me since she said she enjoyed it but complained a few times she couldn't do it or in this case, the argument she had here where I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. She doesn't really care about looking it up, because it's the type of person, but since I enjoy having someone to run with, I am looking it up and discussing it here so I can continue to have someone to jog with in the mornings.

but i guess thats **cough** probably not believable enough
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I think that you should either take what women are saying as true experiences and therefore learn of our experiences (aka your question is answered) or stop complaining all together.

ohhh see, I didn't know i was complaining rather than trying to settle an argument. Thank you for letting me know.

On the other hand, for the stuff you said that didn't seem like an assumption that I was calling all women liars or that I was some sort of alpha male, I appreciate your information. She doesn't do a lot of research herself, but I know she's out of shape and like having someone to motivate with me and to help motivate me. I hope she gets over the complaints that I know she made as excuses to actually enjoy running with me so we can do the color run or other 5ks again soon.
  • ekmcdan
    ekmcdan Posts: 38
    Options

ohhh see, I didn't know i was complaining rather than trying to settle an argument. Thank you for letting me know.

On the other hand, for the stuff you said that didn't seem like an assumption that I was calling all women liars or that I was some sort of alpha male, I appreciate your information. She doesn't do a lot of research herself, but I know she's out of shape and like having someone to motivate with me and to help motivate me. I hope she gets over the complaints that I know she made as excuses to actually enjoy running with me so we can do the color run or other 5ks again soon.
    Do understand that I made my post before you edited your original to defend yourself from such accusations. Also, if so many people took it the way I did, it's possible your question may have been worded in an alpha-male/d-bag way. That's how I read it, anyway. I don't think anyone was trying to offend you, including myself. No offense, but you've been making your sister out to be lazy and making excuses rather than having a real problem, which women are pretty used to having thrown at them unjustly (only trying to give perspective, here. I obviously don't know your sister and you're probably right).

Back to trying the helpful thing: A lot of people aren't taught how to properly take care of their breasts and learn pretty late in life. Most people don't even know that they aren't doing something right. It's a sad thing, but there's some things she can do. As a poster stated above, getting fitted for the right size of bra is definitely a win-win situation since we are all so diverse. It should help her a lot. And given she has the resources, she should be able to find something supportive after the fitting, but that's all up to her. As a side note, I have no clue what age your sister is, but if she is still in puberty there could be some correlations there.

(EDIT: Heres a link that might help her. http://www.007b.com/bra-fitting.php )
    (2nd EDIT: I just remembered -- You could suggest some muscle training like the chest press. That will make the muscle underneath stronger and kind of... keep the boobs in place. different for everyone, but it's helped me. )
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Actually, one of the most painful things is the stares lol.

+1

I have a small D large C depending on the brand, and the only time it is physically painful is about a week before TOM. I still push through it though. It's not painful enough to stop me from reaching my goals.

What's worse, as stated above, is the stares!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am what one would call "curvy" and I have never had this issue...I have always worn upwards of a 38 DD and when I was nursing my last child I was in the G range...and I still ran..I went to a speciality store and was fitted properly for a supportive sports bra and no problems what so ever other than leaking a little..TMI I know. It can be done with proper fit and equipment, but that can get costly.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    No offense, but you've been making your sister out to be lazy and making excuses rather than having a real problem, which women are pretty used to having thrown at them unjustly (only trying to give perspective, here. I obviously don't know your sister and you're probably right).

Back to trying the helpful thing: A lot of people aren't taught how to properly take care of their breasts and learn pretty late in life. Most people don't even know that they aren't doing something right. It's a sad thing, but there's some things she can do. As a poster stated above, getting fitted for the right size of bra is definitely a win-win situation since we are all so diverse. It should help her a lot. And given she has the resources, she should be able to find something supportive after the fitting, but that's all up to her. As a side note, I have no clue what age your sister is, but if she is still in puberty there could be some correlations there.

(EDIT: Heres a link that might help her. http://www.007b.com/bra-fitting.php )
    (2nd EDIT: I just remembered -- You could suggest some muscle training like the chest press. That will make the muscle underneath stronger and kind of... keep the boobs in place. different for everyone, but it's helped me. )

Ah, i figured it was made after the edit but just in case I wanted to clarify. Lol I never assume one person is the same as all, because that's just a toxic way of thinking and realize everyone has different opinions and differences, but in her case she definitely was in fact the type of person to make an excuse and be lazy to get out of doing something if it were out side of her comfort zone.

But again, thank you for being so kind to not judge me based on my original post. I have been making a list of links and information for her to go over when I get home from work, if she still does want to run, because if she doesn't enjoy it I won't force her to run with me, but it would definitely suck if she stopped.

She's currently 22 and isn't very knowledgeable or proactive with getting information with stuff like this, and since I am the type of person who doesn't enjoy running without someone else (on the treadmill) but am proactive with this kind of stuff, I'd get a list for her to go over when she wants to. I know she does some circuit training, but I will suggest the muscle training, but since I already have a routine that she won't do, I don't know if she'll commit to trying it out. If she does I'll definitely be there to help her with the form lol unless of course she has boob pain, because as I've seen already, I know little to nothing about helping aside from my own perspective haha Thank you again!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Actually, one of the most painful things is the stares lol.

+1

I have a small D large C depending on the brand, and the only time it is physically painful is about a week before TOM. I still push through it though. It's not painful enough to stop me from reaching my goals.

What's worse, as stated above, is the stares!

I don't have big boobs, but men still seem to get mesmerized when I am bouncing down the stairs. I don't mind. I like getting checked out.