Anyone in their 40's?

Options

Replies

• CameronJulie
    CameronJulie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Snap! I am also 44 and approx. 210kg - have belonged to the site for a while but have not really committed to it and lost anything
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life - this time I really need to succeed for my health
    I have never used the message boards before so I thought I would try it hoping it would help keep me motivated :)
  • robcha01
    robcha01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    44 years young here!!
  • AbsolutelyRaw
    Options
    I am 43. I know exactly what you mean about the slowing metabolism.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    47 on Thursday and never been fitter or healthier!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Aussie here and not long ago turned 48 year old. Happy enough with my weight now but still may drop another couple of kilos.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    42 sigh
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    43 here, wishing I'd done this 20 years ago. :O)
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    43 here! Wishing I hadnt spent my 30's being a slob!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend, could be done with some friends around my own age :)
  • cyndikinnee
    Options
    45. It's so much harder to lose in my 40's...My doctor just told me last week that I have to accept that weight loss may not be possible at my age and I may have to focus on not gaining anymore!!! I'm only 45 lol! And I'm in perfect health. Oh well. So now I am out to prove her wrong :) I had reached my goal about 13 years ago with low carb. Since then, I've eaten a healthy diet but allowed indulgences. When some weight creeped on, I'd just do Induction for a few weeks till it was off. That doesn't work so easily anymore... I'd like to lose 10-15 to be at a realistic weight that's easy to maintain. Ideally another 5 but I can never seem to stay there. Not even sure I can get there anymore. I might just try though ;)
  • loey13
    loey13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is my first day here. I'll be 40 in a few days, but in my head I've been 40 for the last year. Managing my weight has been a life long job (that gets harder every year), but since having my daughter a couple years ago it's gotten totally out of control.

I weigh 215 pounds. I want to lose 55. Mostly I want to get back in shape. I want to be able to do a handstand and run 6 miles before I'm 41. :smile:
  • NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nope not yet, in another 3 yrs and looking forward to my 40s
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    technically yes :angry: but I've decided to be 36 as of today.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    45. It's so much harder to lose in my 40's...My doctor just told me last week that I have to accept that weight loss may not be possible at my age and I may have to focus on not gaining anymore!!! I'm only 45 lol! And I'm in perfect health. Oh well. So now I am out to prove her wrong :) I had reached my goal about 13 years ago with low carb. Since then, I've eaten a healthy diet but allowed indulgences. When some weight creeped on, I'd just do Induction for a few weeks till it was off. That doesn't work so easily anymore... I'd like to lose 10-15 to be at a realistic weight that's easy to maintain. Ideally another 5 but I can never seem to stay there. Not even sure I can get there anymore. I might just try though ;)

I would suggest that you go back to your doctor and force her to read the success stories on this site! You will see people far older than us successfully losing weight and barring a medical condition there is no reason for your doctor to suggest that you might not be able to lose weight.

Look for a method that is sustainable for life, if you couldn't maintain a low carb lifestyle then it may not be the way to go this time
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't even get me started on the roller coaster that is perimenopause. EEK!

Black Cohosh and natural progest cream helps.

I'm not even 40 yet. :(
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    45. It's so much harder to lose in my 40's...My doctor just told me last week that I have to accept that weight loss may not be possible at my age and I may have to focus on not gaining anymore!!! I'm only 45 lol! And I'm in perfect health.

Thats a load of crap. Get a new doctor! Sheesh. You can do this!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    Here
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 in two weeks and I feel like I'm in my best shape since my teens. I often get questioned about my age since apparently I now don't look 40 and I recently did a skating competition and an old coach said I'm better now than I was 25 years ago. Anything is possible in your 40s and beyond. Wow I sound like a motivational speaker. :)
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    41 and taking inspiration that so many of you are doing it and have lost the weight. I have been struggling for the past 2 years and only really got serious about 2 months ago. Takes the mind to be in the right place I think!

Feel free to add anyone who would like!
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just turned 40 on 19 May