Anyone in their 40's?

Options

Replies

• 40fitforever
    Options
    Just turned 43 last month.
    Just started getting serious about health and fitness again last week.
    I'm hoping this time it is a permanent change.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49, and in the best shape I've ever been in. 5' 10", 164 lb, 31-inch waist, and 10% body fat. I can lift more than I could in my 20's, and I'm testing for my black belt in taekwondo this month. I just decided I'm not going to be another one of those 49-year-old guys who resigns himself to a big gut and a sedentary lifestyle (i.e., all of my friends). Age is nothing more than an impediment we create in our own minds. Once you cast it aside, you'll be amazed at what you're capable of!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :frown: Just turned 40 on the 31st of May :noway: Determined to be the best me that I can be from 40 on!!
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 42...lost 20lbs and am now maintaining. Reached my goal just last week :-)
  • MemphisBeat
    Options
    43 year old male here, will be 44 in two weeks. I started my plan the last week of April at 255 lbs. As of this morning im 232 lbs. It is possible to make significant gains or losses in your forties, but it is not as easily as when you were in your twenties. We all now have old injuries and aches and pains were never had to deal with in our twenties.

The forties require more planning and determination. Hopefully by now we have learned to be patient and wait it out. Just adjust your routine based on progress. If something is working, keep doing it until it doesnt work anymore. If your paln is not working, adjust accordingly.
  • sorchatl
    sorchatl Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm with you there salima1971, I'm finding the slow down frustrating as I have a lot to lose and it can feel quite demotivating, which is why us over 40s need to encourage one another.
    Sorcha 43, over 50lbs to lose. Working towards smaller goals and getting fitter and healthier
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been on here a couple of years. Lost some weight the first time around. Gained some back this year due to a death in the family and being an emotional eater. I am back at it and looking to get to my goal weight of 135lbs. I am open to any new friends.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    I am to old, but wish you all the luck on your journey to a healthier you :smile:
  • noralinda66
    noralinda66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 and my birthday is this Saturday and yes its hard to lose weigh at my age. But I'm starting now and see how it goes.
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hello how are you? I am in my 40s and it is so much harder. I have really struggled because I work twice as hard and get half the results.
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    44 here. Have lost a pound per year since last January :p
  • kendra522
    kendra522 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 last month.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1968!! woohoo!!
  • danyellegbaker
    danyellegbaker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45 !!!:)
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    46, turning 47 in September. I am just owning being healthy and fit! I still have about 10-15lbs to lose.....but really I just focus on how I look in the mirror vs. the scale. I am strong, healthy. I can lift, I teach HIIT, I teach ballet, and training for my 3rd triathlon.

My motto these days:
    (thanks Viola Davis~The Help~)

You is strong
    You is powerful
    You is Badass.... : )
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I'm 46, been in maintenance over a year. I do lots of cardiovascular so I can eat lots of foodz :love:
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    44 here. 45 coming down the pike in 3 months as of midnight (the 4th!) Trying to get to my personal best as I head toward 5-0 God willing :)

Feeling great, cant believe how quick the time flew....want this next chapter to be ongoing fit and active...feeling strong & sexy in my 40's and admire those sexy seniors I see speed walking everywhere :)
  • HikeCalifornia
    Options
    48. Although I swear I was 29 last week!! Anyone posting - feel free to add me. Still kinda new and could use more friends. :flowerforyou:
  • KendraT1992
    KendraT1992 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check out the group "friends in their 40's" . There are a bunch of us....:laugh: :smile:

I'll have to check that out myself. Feel free to add me anyone! ~Kendra