how skinny is sexy?

Options

Replies

• caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OK, let's end this once and for all!!! You are all sexy OK!!!! Its difficult to measure sexiness with a weight or a picture for that matter!! What makes you sexy is your smile, your personality, your drive, the way you walk, the way you speak, your passions among many more things!! Yes, some women may have better physical attributes then others, that doesn't make them less or more sexy... We are all here to improve ourselves, let's help each other, and try to feel comfortable in the skin we are in, we could always improve.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think I can speak for all men...

We don't find women 5'6" attractive, your husband is lying to you.

seriously. 5' 6" is the least attractive height ever.

*throwsall3inchstilletosinthetrash*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I personally find underweight women to be absolutely repulsive. Serious no schwing zone. Less attractive than morbidly obese even.

Though fit or curvy are the most attractive IMHO, with fit and curvy (dat *kitten*) taking the cake.

I guess I'm repulsive. lol

In the stars, you keep bringing it back to you. I don't think ANYONE here is referring to you. Why do you do that? Just asking....not looking to argue, so, peace, ok?

It's not about me, there are other members that are both thin and fit. Peace. :)

Oh if you are trying to speak up for other people who you know feel the way you do, I already learned my lesson about that. Don't do it. It's a losing game.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think I can speak for all men...

We don't find women 5'6" attractive, your husband is lying to you.

So glad my husband doesn't follow social norms and totally thinks 5'6" is sexy as hell! :laugh: :bigsmile:

I am 5'7", the one that spoke for all men is probably a SHORTY, Thank God my hubby is 6'0".
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be happy if my girlfriend was 95lbs @ 5'6" either, because that just aint healthy.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    NOT skinny is sexy, I don't care who you are
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sexy is not about weight or height. Its about how you carry yourself. Its that unexplainable thing that is different for everyone. For me, it's all about that smile that lights up a room.

Totally agree.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    To me, sexy is how you CARRY yourself... It has a little to do with looks, but mostly the way you present yourself.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To me, sexy is how you CARRY yourself... It has a little to do with looks, but mostly the way you present yourself.

This to a point...

My own opinion, fit and healthy is sexy visually, the confidence definately comes into play...

OP you are neither...sorry...even if you carried yourself with 100% confidence you are not sexy to your husband...why because you have self image issues...you are deathly slim...anyone who is underweight is not healthy period...sickly is not sexy.

Your husbands issue is that you are ill...and he doesn't know how to fix it...that's what men do fix things...he can't fix this...

You now have a choice to be frank...get better or things with him will get worse and chances are you will divorce...harsh reality isn't it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

This to a point...

My own opinion, fit and healthy is sexy visually, the confidence definately comes into play...

OP you are neither...sorry...even if you carried yourself with 100% confidence you are not sexy to your husband...why because you have self image issues...you are deathly slim...anyone who is underweight is not healthy period...sickly is not sexy.

Your husbands issue is that you are ill...and he doesn't know how to fix it...that's what men do fix things...he can't fix this...

You now have a choice to be frank...get better or things with him will get worse and chances are you will divorce...harsh reality isn't it.

Your opinion mirrors my own.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    At your present weight your interpretation of his feelings might be off - he is probably more worried about your health than concerned about "sexiness". Your present weight is a health issue and not a matter of personal preference for a particular aesthetic.

Awhile back you posted three pictures of you ranging from your present weight to 160 lbs and the replies to "which do you think is best" resulting in both the medium and higher weight (or something inbetween) being the results for all the posters who replied. People weren't judging whether you were sexy or not with the 3rd photo but they did express genuine concern for you. Perhaps with professional advice you can get back to a happy and healthy "medium" for you. Men's taste will always differ from man to man (or perhaps even with time of day :-) so I wouldn't even consider this.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight for a woman who is 5'6", is 130lbs, by that standard you are 35 lbs underweight. That is likely your husbands issue. He is more than likely concerned, because that is unhealthy. I am only 5 feet tall and 95lbs is even too low for me. By medical standards, I should be around 100 lbs. However, when I started working with my trainer and told him my goal was 100lbs, he said that was too low and that a toned 115 to 120 was a better goal for me...at 100 lbs I would be too skinny and lose all of my curves.

Personally, I think you are focusing on weight being the primary factor in what is considered sexy. I don't always think that is the case. For some, it may be, but everybody has their own interpretation of what is sexy and it doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with body shape or size. I am very curvy and still have quite a ways to go before I reach my goal, but for some reason men still find me attractive. So, it can't be solely about weight or body shape for everyone. It could be, eyes, lips, smile, hair, legs, butt, boobs or just the ways she carries herself, that someone finds sexy. I had a couple of guy friends tell me it is about confidence for them more than anything else, however, for others, that might not be the case.

As others have said, the fact that your husband seems unhappy with you may have absolutely nothing to do with your weight or your shape. Have you tried discussing it with him? If not, my suggestion to you would be to do so. Good luck.
  • rumezzo
    rumezzo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to stage a MyFitnessPal intervention. Can a user's account be cancelled when she is clearly using MFP to slowly kill herself via eating disorder? I'm actually not kidding. I actually thinking this forum might be enabling the original poster in her illness.
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to stage a MyFitnessPal intervention. Can a user's account be cancelled when she is clearly using MFP to slowly kill herself via eating disorder? I'm actually not kidding. I actually thinking this forum might be enabling the original poster in her illness.

Not that I agree with the OP or her eating habits, but I do know that many with eating disorders/disordered eating use this site as a very important tool in their very controlled eating schedules. If taken away they would either make a new account, find a new logging site, or at the very worst, not feel safe eating at all because their safety net (MFP) was taken away. Very counter productive. Just my opinion though.
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Options
    It all depends on his preferences. Its not a one size fits all. :wink:
  • lovegrace21
    lovegrace21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

OP - how about you ask the person who's opinion SHOULD matter. Yourself, maybe? Your husband?

Geezus!
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    This is a true story, when I was younger and up to almost the most that I have ever weighed... my first husband took some lingerie photos of me (I was totally covered like a bathing suit and I was like 290 lbs at 5'8", so I was HUGE). After that , Things went really badly for my marriage. He was a jerk and was cheating on me with other very heavy women (and one who looked "butch" and was even larger than me). I was very very depressed and pretty much stopped eating due to depression (which obviously was not the normal for me). I lost weight and then started feeling better about myself and started eating better, exercising more (the eating was the main thing) and left the jerk.

So about a year after those photos were taken, I was on an online dating site. And met a guy who liked big chicks (I was about 200 lbs then and pretty about losing but still a BBW:) . He asked if I had any photos and I only had that one photo scanned and sent it to him when I was close to 300 lbs. I told him that I was losing weight and was about 200 lbs and would send him another photo when I could get a friend to take one (my cam at the time didn't have a timer). So took this great photo and I was so happy with the results. I looked so great, everyone was saying how great that I looked. I sent it to the guy who had gone totally NUTS over the first photo, thinking that he would really go nuts over the skinnier me... he didn't. He said he really liked girls around 300-400 lbs... wtf???

While most guys seem to prefer a woman thinner to slightly more meaty women (like say Christian Hendricks)...there are those who like women up who are Massively huge. There are even videos and magazines for men that like women over 500 lbs. YA, it's freaky.

I don't know, I like a man like my present husband who likes me for my my personality, wit, etc and regardless of if I have been very big or fairly small, he still loves me and supports me and tells me that I am sexy and hot. I know for sure he will love me regardless after 20 years together and the scale going up and down (lately it's been steadily downward)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

OP - how about you ask the person who's opinion SHOULD matter. Yourself, maybe? Your husband?

Geezus!
    Have you READ the thread? Did you READ the OP?
  • lovegrace21
    lovegrace21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

Geezus!

Er..excuse me?

I can read. Thanks!

Sorry if I happen to think it's lame to ask total strangers on the internetzzzzz how much a person should weigh to be considered sexy. If she's that underweight, maybe she should actually ask her husband...just a thought.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

Geezus!

Er..excuse me?

I can read. Thanks!

Sorry if I happen to think it's lame to ask total strangers on the internetzzzzz how much a person should weigh to be considered sexy. If she's that underweight, maybe she should actually ask her husband...just a thought.

If I remember correctly from her other posts, her husband wants her to gain weight and she is afraid to because she is anorexic. Now she says she is trying to find the "right" weight for her but imho is looking for excuses to stay the weight she is.