Ladies only-who does this? I envy you!

Options

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I sweat like anything so they have to come off - luckily I do most of my exercise before work (at the gym in work) so I just change and shower immediately after.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I often have to make stops on the way home, but once I'm home, the sweats come off and I wash my nasty *kitten*.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nope I have to take a shower and put on fresh clothes. Then again I take multiple showers anyway. Why idk. Hot water has always felt good to me since I was a child.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Nope o_o I go to home and shower or atleast change asap.
  • illogicalkat
    Options
    No, not after working out.
    Beforehand, though...I've been known to wear workout clothes all day in anticipation of exercise.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Absolutely depends on what I've been doing. If it's been a gentle stretching or toning workout then I'll probably mooch about in my work-out clothes for a bit.
    Normally after weights I come home for lunch and am starving so shower/change has to wait until food has been devoured.

If it's running/cycling/spinning then hell, the workout clothes come off and showing is a priority.

Also, I will quite often put my workout clothes on ready if I have a fitness class scheduled within the next few hours and then change afterwards.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Nope, the room I work out in is right next to the bathroom, and I don't even sit down before dragging my butt in for a shower (not necessarily a hair wash because I'd ruin my mane if I washed it every day). Plus, the hot water on my just worked out body is so soothing, especially during the summer because then I actually feel cold afterwards - a definite plus when summer is pretty much from May to November at least!

I do look forward to the day when I can go to the gym and wear a sports bra and capris and not feel like a cow. One day... one day...

Work out clothes, though, before I've worked out, yeah, I'll totally wear those all day, no problem.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    It depends on my workout. If I've just done Pilates or something not super sweaty, I'll hang around in my gym clothes for a while, unless I have someplace to go...although I have no problem dashing to the market or Target in gym clothes sans makeup.

If I've done something more intense and sweatier, I'll want to shower and change immediately. I don't like my clothes to feel moist. Heck, I don't even like the word moist.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work nowadays, and I usually smell like whatever I have been cooking that day, add that to the "gym" smell and yeah, i have to change and take a shower when I get home.

True story, i had just walked in and was heading for the squat rack, waiting my turn when I saw a nice looking slightly older gentleman leaning in my direction and smiling in a questioning sort of way. I smiled back and he excused himself and said, "I'm so sorry to stare..." And I got a little happy because maybe my hard work was paying off..."But, do you smell like...smoked brisket?" SO deflated! And, truth...yes, I did, because smoking 300lbs of brisket will permeate...
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my day gets busy the second I'm done working out, so I'll stay in them for an hour or so while I get the kids ready for school etc...but I'm breastfeeding my 8 week old daughter right now, so normally I have to change and clean up - because sports bras are NOT nursing bras lol
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It doesn't apply now because I'm an adult and workout much more on MY terms now. That being said, back when I was a hardcore ballet dancer as a teen, I would wear my dance clothes all day under a cover up because my mother would drive me to and from my lessons, and generally I didn't have a place to change into a fresh outfit after. Granted, I feel like as a teen I was less gross sweaty, so it didn't bother me at all. Now, sweaty clothes feel bunchy and gross and I would twist myself into a pretzel to get out of them and into something dry.
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I can wear them all day, what I can't do is go to sleep without a shower...yuck!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Jezz ladies .. some of you sound like teenage Boys ..... SHOWER PLEASE
  • Amandajohn4664
    Options
    This is too funny to read!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I workout after work, at or near work depending what I'm doing that day, and by the time I get home after a 20 minute drive with the windows down, I'm pretty well dry and ready to start making dinner. so I often stay in them until bedtime but wipe down with baby wipes before starting dinner. If I'm really soaked or feeling gross, I'll shower as soon as I get home.

This. If I have the kids, I have got to get them to bed before I can think of eating dinner or taking a shower. And usually dinner takes precedence.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'll keep them on until I get home, which sometimes is 30 minutes to an hour later. But once I'm home, I change. Most of the time, I'm running or biking outdoors so nowhere to change anyway. But, even when I meet with my trainer, I wear my clothes home and then change.

That said, I wouldn't have any issues if I didn't change, other than being stinky.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I take mine off after I'm done, and put on warm clothes. For some reason I get the chills after cooling down.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    After I workout, I may have to go the market, come home to make dinner, check homework, clean up,anything that includes getting the children ready for bedtime. I cannot stop to shower and put on dry clothing right away. So, 99% of the time I am in sweaty clothing until I can get to "ME" which is usually around 9ish at night.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I can't got all day - when I run, I get drenched.

Now that it is warm and sunny out though, I will linger in my running clothes while sitting in the sun on our back deck, cooling down before I shower.

I do sometimes wear clean workout clothes out and about - especially if I'm driving kids around or running errands before a planned run.

I have also gone to Starbucks for a smoothie after a group run, but we don't linger.
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Generally not, I'm normally too sweaty and need to have a shower so they come right off, lol