How 'big' is too 'big' for a speedo?

Options

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Agree with the general consensus…. A speedo should be outlawed from mens attire. I might be willing to go so far as to allow them for competitive swimming purposes… but otherwise… it does nobody any favors. I don't care how fit and muscular the guy is!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Americans are hilarious. Speedos, and other shorter bathing suits, are perfectly normal in the majority of the rest of the world. Wearing swim attire like long board shorts, which are essentially almost pants, actually makes little sense for swimming and is not the worldwide norm at all.

Why are we so damn squeamish and prudish in this country? OH NO, he has a PENIS?!!!!!!

I think men should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. If it's a speed, go on brother, rock it and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Yep no man should wear a speedo regardless of size!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Wait... you're talking about like being too big.. as in overweight..??

Boooooooo.. I thought you were talking about the "other" big.

wait.... what..? by "big" people meant "underweight"? Mind. Blown.

And, maybe it's because I'm not an American........ but I don't see what's wrong with speedos. Fit men in speedos = :love:

I agree with iwishyouwell's post....
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    don't care.

shark-attack-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Americans are hilarious. Speedos, and other shorter bathing suits, are perfectly normal in the majority of the rest of the world. Wearing swim attire like long board shorts, which are essentially almost pants, actually makes little sense for swimming and is not the worldwide norm at all.

Why are we so damn squeamish and prudish in this country? OH NO, he has a PENIS?!!!!!!

I think men should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. If it's a speed, go on brother, rock it and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks.

I lived abroad for most of my life (Army brat & veteran), so maybe that colors my perception, but i really don't have a problem with a speedo...and much like someone else said, if he feels confident and sexy in it, then good for him for rocking it. I honestly don't see it as any different than some larger women rocking a bikini...I'm not confident enough for that myself yet, but think it's awesome when a bigger girl wears one -she feels good about herself.

Ditto for nude beaches...

If a guy (or gal...let's be fair here) is unappealing to me, then I just choose not to look...there's plenty of eye candy out there.
  • tethar
    tethar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hahaha I think you and I were expecting the same thing here!
  • Magisoft
    Magisoft Posts: 113
    Options
    Its like a babys arm hanging out of a pram
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    Do you mean like this?...

ffYNvO0.jpg
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think the only people who like men in speedos are gay men !!
  • ExtremePhobia
    Options
    "Too big" is anything outside of the bedroom.

Honestly, I kid. I don't generally care what people wear. Unless your a swimmer, usually it's the more concerning type of gent that wear these things.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I wear a speedo whenever possible. People can laugh, stare, shudder, etc... all they want, but it's about me being who I am. If anything, being a speedo wearer has taught me to be less judgmental of other people's tastes. I work hard to maintain a fit physique mainly because I want to look good in my speedo. I'm not cocky or arrogant by any means, but of course I want to look good.

Maybe instead of looking at some guy wearing a speedo and being grossed out, you should say...good for him for being himself.

1. Good time of year to revive this Zombie thread. :drinker:

2. Guess bikini bottoms could be considered a speedo for women (your profile states female). :wink:

3. Going to Cambria with the new BF this weekend. He's from England. I won't judge before I get a good look. :noway:
  • skyblue2001
    Options
    My automatic thought is "douche canoe" when I see a dude in a speedo. The urge to let him know he's not half as pretty as he thinks is overwhelming. I read a study once that stated men generally rate themselves higher in appearance than women rate them, while women rate themselves lower than men rate them.

For competition or professional purposes, I guess they do what they have to.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'm built good EVERWHERE and still wouldn:t wear that ****... europeans do make u throw up here in germany...:laugh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My automatic thought is "douche canoe" when I see a dude in a speedo.

Stop the speedo shaming. You can do it man. Don't let these women who think you have to have a certain look to wear a swimsuit hold you back.

tumblr_lur837WXG81r0qfn7o1_500.gif
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If I see a guy in a speedo, I honestly assume he's gay. Not many straight guys under the age of 50 wear them.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lol...:laugh:

agreed
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I think the only people who like men in speedos are gay men !!

How incredibly ignorant of you.

Good grief.
    If I see a guy in a speedo, I honestly assume he's gay. Not many straight guys under the age of 50 wear them.

And just when you think it can't get worse...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I live in Europe and agree with this poster. I also swim at the pool in Rome all year round and all the men are in Speedos---it's just normal, and when some American tourist shows up in board shorts, he looks really out of place. Perhaps the Europeans look at the body differently since the museums here are full of classical sculpture of both sexes--nude. Kids on school trips are always going through and it's normal for them. The human body as art. Ladies we're not in the Victorian Age any longer----Do you want to wear a chardor? Let the guys wear what they want. :smile:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

So a women in bikini is automatically a thespian?