how skinny is sexy?

Options

Replies

• jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to stage a MyFitnessPal intervention. Can a user's account be cancelled when she is clearly using MFP to slowly kill herself via eating disorder? I'm actually not kidding. I actually thinking this forum might be enabling the original poster in her illness.

If you read any of the clean eating threads, it consistently comes up that there is the potential for developing Orthorexia nervosa. As a clean eater, I find this to be fear mongering especially when it comes up on the forums almost daily that someone is basically abusing the calorie tracker on MFP to lose an unhealthy amount of weight. MFP provides the tool but how it is used is up to the member. Only a very small segment of the MFP community use the forums so at best only a very, very small number of members abusing the calorie tracker are caught. MFP does cancel their accounts but nothing stops them from creating a new account and staying under the radar to continue with what they are doing. This is a major flaw to calorie counting in that the method does support eating disorders. That being said it is virtually impossible for MFP or any other site to stop a member from abusing the calorie counting tool. Even if they could, there are oodles of stand alone free/paid apps and software to achieve the same goal. Sadly, these folks will continue along that path of self-destruction until such time they seek help themselves or are forced to.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

OP - how about you ask the person who's opinion SHOULD matter. Yourself, maybe? Your husband?

Geezus!

No, it's Jeebus! :wink:
  • ValGogo
    Options
    OK, let's end this once and for all!!! You are all sexy OK!!!! Its difficult to measure sexiness with a weight or a picture for that matter!! What makes you sexy is your smile, your personality, your drive, the way you walk, the way you speak, your passions among many more things!! Yes, some women may have better physical attributes then others, that doesn't make them less or more sexy... We are all here to improve ourselves, let's help each other, and try to feel comfortable in the skin we are in, we could always improve.

Hail Caesar!!!!
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 120. Look trim and slim. At one time after motorcycle wreck I weighed 95 and looked like "H". Dr's were concerned about anorexia (no-ate like crazy but burned it up recovering for a couple years). Consult with your health professional for a good weight for you and examine what is going on between you and your husband.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

OP - how about you ask the person who's opinion SHOULD matter. Yourself, maybe? Your husband?

Geezus!
    Have you READ the thread? Did you READ the OP?

Er..excuse me?

I can read. Thanks!

Sorry if I happen to think it's lame to ask total strangers on the internetzzzzz how much a person should weigh to be considered sexy. If she's that underweight, maybe she should actually ask her husband...just a thought.

So it's lame to ask the question, but not lame to offer a snarky response. Got it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

Geezus!

Er..excuse me?

I can read. Thanks!

Sorry if I happen to think it's lame to ask total strangers on the internetzzzzz how much a person should weigh to be considered sexy. If she's that underweight, maybe she should actually ask her husband...just a thought.

If you read the OP why would you suggest she ask her husband what he thinks? In the OP she says that her husband doesn't like her at her current weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This thread is lame.

Geezus!

Er..excuse me?

I can read. Thanks!

If you read the OP why would you suggest she ask her husband what he thinks? In the OP she says that her husband doesn't like her at her current weight.
    And you'd see that she's DANGEROUSLY underweight.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I personally find underweight women to be absolutely repulsive. Serious no schwing zone. Less attractive than morbidly obese even.

Though fit or curvy are the most attractive IMHO, with fit and curvy (dat *kitten*) taking the cake.

I guess I'm repulsive. lol

In the stars, you keep bringing it back to you. I don't think ANYONE here is referring to you. Why do you do that? Just asking....not looking to argue, so, peace, ok?

It's not about me, there are other members that are both thin and fit. Peace. :)

Thin does not necessarily mean underweight. And it's probably as hard to be fit and underweight as it is to be fit and overweight. Neither is impossible, but it's not common.

I am not common. Sad, but I'm the normal one here.
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?

Research seem to support that attractiveness is not so much linked to weight as much as general indicators of health and fertility.

-hip to waist ratio
    -symmetry
    -absence of outward signs of disease

Things we've been explicitly programmed to subconsciously see as indicators that a partner is healthy and has good genetics. At biological level were still programmed to try to maximize the genetics of our offspring.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I personally find underweight women to be absolutely repulsive. Serious no schwing zone. Less attractive than morbidly obese even.

Though fit or curvy are the most attractive IMHO, with fit and curvy (dat *kitten*) taking the cake.

In the stars, you keep bringing it back to you. I don't think ANYONE here is referring to you. Why do you do that? Just asking....not looking to argue, so, peace, ok?

It's not about me, there are other members that are both thin and fit. Peace. :)

Thin does not necessarily mean underweight. And it's probably as hard to be fit and underweight as it is to be fit and overweight. Neither is impossible, but it's not common.

I don't know what you mean. You are the normal one where? And why is it sad?
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?

I would say you are on the skinny side. I my humble opinion I would say anyone taller than 5' even should be well above 95 lbs. I really don't mind feeling muscles when I hug a woman but I know I would hate to fee bones!!
  • ValGogo
    Options

I don't know what you mean. You are the normal one where? And why is it sad?

pssst....quit while you're ahead.....
  • in_the_stars
    Options
    I am normal in tampa, it is sad because there are heavy people elsewhere.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I've been to Tampa several times.
  • in_the_stars
    Options
    I would say you are on the skinny side. I my humble opinion I would say anyone taller than 5' even should be well above 95 lbs. I really don't mind feeling muscles when I hug a woman but I know I would hate to fee bones!!

mmhmmm...
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Honestly I would just go to a doctor and get their opinion. Maybe your frame is smaller so that weight is fine for you. I'm 5'6 but I'm no where near 95 lbs I'm 174 and a larger frame. I could stand to lose a little more but my doctor doesn't see it as a problem since I use to be 265. I'm sure doctors take many considerations whether you are over or underweight such as blood results, body frame, ect. Everyone is built differently and if it was a real issue they would tell you. If results show that you are healthy then I wouldn't change anything for anyone.
  • in_the_stars
    Options

I've been to Tampa several times.

annnd?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what men on here find attractive? Is your husband on here?

He's the one you're married to soooooo ask him if you're seriously going to change yourself to make him happy
  • StephanieBurckhard87
    Options
    "The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?"

Find another husband. Be happy because you want to, not for others. That's it. It's not a matter of weight, it's a matter of your self esteem and how good do you feel and how healthy you are.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    "The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?"

Find another husband. Be happy because you want to, not for others. That's it. It's not a matter of weight, it's a matter of your self esteem and how good do you feel and how healthy you are.

You do realize she is like verge of death skinny, right? Sub 100 lbs at her height should be in a hospital.

There are like zero males attracted to that, even vaguely. It is downright disgusting.

Do you find walking skeletons attractive?