Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• krillersmom
    krillersmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25 since January and am down 17 pounds and over 8 inches overall. I haven't been as dedicated as I could be, but still seeing results and still doing more then I ever had before! Great program and very effective.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Beta next week (or at least attempting to start) so what size dumbbells should I have on hand? I have a pair of 5 lb, a 1 lb and a 2 lb (singles, my daughter uses them - she's 7).

I started Beta with 8 pounders, but I had done a previous program with 5. I think you'll be okay with what you have for now. Try it out and if you aren't getting fatigued, then get heavier ones. I'm getting 10's this weekend.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Anyone that's finished Beta, did y'all lose a crap-ton of weight in the last week of Beta? I've been steadily losing 1-2 pounds per week with this since I started 9 weeks ago, but just this week I've already lost 3 pounds in the last 3 days. I'm not eating any different than usual or anything. Just curious!
  • Tiff305
    Tiff305 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Guys! I haven't been on this blog in forever. I am going to do Day 3 which is Total Body Curcuit. It is intense but I am determine to stick to this. I love that Tanya has shown us modified versions of each exercises. I have been working out moderately prior to starting T25. I am determine to shed those pesky 15-20 pounds. Lets do this and stay focus!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight since I started besides a few lbs of water weight, bloat from some bad habits I had during finals week at college... I know I am losing inches though and feeling great, so I keep telling myself to stick with it. I know from reading reviews that the program doesn't melt pounds away.. but I've heard good things from people in the Beta round about losing more during that phase than the alpha, so I will look forward to that.

I am also watching my food intake again and counting calories, so I should be losing weight.. but I'm keeping my chin up.
  • RMZ2014
    RMZ2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Anyone that's finished Beta, did y'all lose a crap-ton of weight in the last week of Beta? I've been steadily losing 1-2 pounds per week with this since I started 9 weeks ago, but just this week I've already lost 3 pounds in the last 3 days. I'm not eating any different than usual or anything. Just curious!
    I am so glad to hear that! I have lost about a lb a week until my second week of Beta I finally lost 2 lbs. I thought it was maybe an anomaly but maybe the best is yet to come.
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just finished ab intervals.. out of all of the workouts so far I'd have to say that it's my favorite and Total Body Circuit is my least favorite... so much pain! Will see how I feel about Ab Intervals when I wake up in the morning...
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just started Alpha on Wednesday, trying to lose the baby weight now that I've been cleared for exercise. I'm nervous about doing the Total Body Circuit today. The first day I tried T25 I could barely walk down the stairs after the workout!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lost about 3 inches this week combined in both thighs, hips, waist (measured above and below belly button) and bust. No weight loss in sight yet, but definitely can see my body changing with T25. Week 5 (the last week) of alpha starts on Monday! Then its on to Beta phase.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I just started Alpha on Wednesday, trying to lose the baby weight now that I've been cleared for exercise. I'm nervous about doing the Total Body Circuit today. The first day I tried T25 I could barely walk down the stairs after the workout!

Once you've got the first week down, you won't feel that pain quite as much. That's just your muscles retaliating!!!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Lost about 3 inches this week combined in both thighs, hips, waist (measured above and below belly button) and bust. No weight loss in sight yet, but definitely can see my body changing with T25. Week 5 (the last week) of alpha starts on Monday! Then its on to Beta phase.

If you like Alpha, you're going to LOVE Beta!!!!
  • mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished Gamma this week and plan to take results pictures tomorrow. I'm pretty excited/scared to see the difference or lack of difference. I never can tell too much till I look back at older pictures! I plan on starting the Gamma Hybrid calender now and then after that I am not sure! but I loved T25
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Before/After Results - 14 1/2 weeks with 21DayFix and FocusT25 Alpha/Beta... down 24.5 inches and 29.7 pounds! :-) Starting Gamma Monday, June 23rd after vacation!!!!
  • Shockakahn
    Shockakahn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday. any idea how to track it in fitness pal outside of choosing aerobic exercise?
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I'm starting Monday. any idea how to track it in fitness pal outside of choosing aerobic exercise?

I just entered my own as T25 Alpha or T25 Beta and listed it as 250 calories. I keep my baseline at 1350, which gives me a total alottment of 1600, which is what the T25 plan suggests I follow. I use a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM), but this was easier for me to make sure I was counting enough the way I said above. Others put in what they burn if they aren't following the suggested intake that is recommended by T25, but I found this easier than tracking that.
  • infinikitty
    Options

I just entered my own as T25 Alpha or T25 Beta and listed it as 250 calories. I keep my baseline at 1350, which gives me a total alottment of 1600, which is what the T25 plan suggests I follow. I use a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM), but this was easier for me to make sure I was counting enough the way I said above. Others put in what they burn if they aren't following the suggested intake that is recommended by T25, but I found this easier than tracking that.

On an additional note, I didn't want to use just the term "aerobic exercise" because some days it was strength training, some days it was total body...not all of it was straight cardio.
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Before/After Results - 14 1/2 weeks with 21DayFix and FocusT25 Alpha/Beta... down 24.5 inches and 29.7 pounds! :-) Starting Gamma Monday, June 23rd after vacation!!!!

Great job! I just did some calculations of my own.

I didn't do any measurements until I started t25, other than weighing in. So for this journey (started November 2010) = -73 lbs (some from pre-MFP), and -15.25 inches overall from Alpha( neck, waist, chest, bust, biceps, calfs, thighs, hips). - 4 in the hips alone.

Started Beta last night :)
  • sjs227
    Options

wear a heart rate monitor and make your own exercise. I named mine alpha-tbc (total body circuit); alpha - cardio, etc. then I look at my hrm to see how many calories I burned for that time period.
  • sjs227
    Options
    Just finished Speed 1.0... SO.MUCH.JUMPING! But I was dripping in sweat which felt great and the 25 minutes really did FLY by. I always did Jillian Michaels videos and they always seemed so repetitive and would drag. This is great so far!! Worried about Total Body Circuit tomorrow, I've heard that's the hardest.. oh no.. haha

I dreaded total body circuit. I did what I could and just kept moving. I followed Tonia as much as possible. I do have arthritic knees, so I did as many lunges as I could and then went to squat's instead when I couldn't do anymore.
  • hockeychick8766
    hockeychick8766 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started this today and I love it! The only thing is, I don't know how many calories I'm burning per workout.

Also, I've noticed I need weights for Beta?