Sometimes I go to the gym so I can eat more!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think that is the whole idea!

I compare health with finances- you don't spend what you don't have (or you shouldn't), so you shouldn't eat things if you don't have the calories to spare. Rewards are to be earned.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with IIFYM. The only thing I really care about is whether or not something fits my calories. So I guess I'm an IIFYC kind of guy,
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been told this is bulimic behavior?

If you are being rhetorical let me point out that calorie counting, weighing food, minding macros, "clean eating" and a whole variety of what we do to control weight are things that we share with people suffering from ED. The key is moderation. Saying "I want an ice cream sandwich, so I better walk/run a bit more" is fine. Saying "I ate 1600 calories so I better go burn 800" is not.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother with IIFYM. The only thing I really care about is whether or not something fits my calories. So I guess I'm an IIFYC kind of guy,

But if you're lifting then you're wasting your time if you have a massive protein shortfall
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

But if you're lifting then you're wasting your time if you have a massive protein shortfall

Well, to be fair, I do pay attention to how much protein I'm getting and make sure that I'm getting enough. But there isn't anything that I'm worried about getting too much of except for calories, not even the dreaded sodium, *gasp*
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily go so I can eat more, however,I definitely go and bust my *kitten* when I know I'm going to have pizza or alcohol that evening. :drinker:
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The only reason I workout is so my TDEE is higher.
    ^THIS!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So, now you know my terrible secret. Does anyone else do this? I ellipticalled so I can eat an ice cream sandwich for dessert. For shame! Feel free to peruse my diary and comment as you see fit. I have nothing to hide!

OP, I love the added feeling your avatar gives to the above.

To add: I was just thinking of the cupcakes in my garage fridge and how I might do ANOTHER cardio workout just so I can eat one... or more! Now I'm going to do it, no more thinking. Thanks, OP, you've strengthened my resolve with your brave confession.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Well, to be fair, I do pay attention to how much protein I'm getting and make sure that I'm getting enough. But there isn't anything that I'm worried about getting too much of except for calories, not even the dreaded sodium, *gasp*

Me too, don't bother about sodium in the slightest
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've started running to build endurance and work out my heart/lungs... however, I also run because it gets my workout finished faster and I get more snacks!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    NO SHAME! Sometimes that is the only thing that keeps me going to the gym....I like to eat.
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I been know to do a 1000 calorie workout just to eat at El Jaliscos and have a huge Margarita!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Me too, don't bother about sodium in the slightest

Glad I am not the only one! I track everything else carefully, especially protein. I don't always have the time or energy to over stress about sodium. I do try to keep it down, but it isn't my biggest concern.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Every day -either gym, running, or both. How the he*k else am I going to get to eat more than 1200 stupid calories? I'm set to lose 1lb/week. I eat 2000 - 2400 calories a day.

I hate winter because my maintenance calories are only about 1900 since I can't do my normal outside running/walking and don't have all day to waste doing cardio at the gym when I should be lifting :p
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Oh yes. I'm 48 years old and 5'3" so my TDEE is somewhere around 1500-1600 calories. In order to lose weight (and very slowly) I can't eat more than about 1350, so if I don't want to be hungry all the time I have to exercise. I don't like being hungry -- it turns me into a cranky *****.

I feel ya.

I am 5'3.5" and almost 47 so I set Scooby's calculator to 47. I get 1472 cal. so my MFP cal goal is set to 1300, but I try to keep it under that, or I may never get this last 10 pounds off. Some days I am able to get some exercise and some days not, depends how the nerve damage from my back surgery is doing.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I have deliberately gone for a walk to burn enough to have a couple of chocolate biscuits or a chocolate bar, to prevent me going too far over my sat fat or sugar macros. I feel a bit pathetic when I do it, lol; I can't go very long without something sweet or it's all I can think about, so I'm happy to do a bit more exercise to make me feel less guilty about a candy bar!