So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    lol
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    its funny, i seem to be the only one who read the OPs comment as encouragement to keep going all the way and not give up too early, as opposed to putting people down for their goals. maybe the expression "REAL victory" was badly worded, but i honestly dont think she meant it to be insulting.

to everyone who said something about minding ones own business.. this whole place is based on discussing other peoples business. if everyone kept to their own, there would be no forums! :D
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    MFP is a judging site. Why else would you dare put pics up for everyone to see? These rules are in place for a good reason and they are the only reason we have survived this long. You will not be shown an ounce of leniency. You have broken the chain and the Covenant! You must be judged!

Victor has spoken
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yay for a whole topic filled with bullies. Hope ya'll feel proud
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Well, coming from the queen, who wouldn't be?!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    No matter what you say or do on here. There will always be smarta$$es and know it all and newbies. When you post on forums this is how it has always been. You take it with a grain of salt and move on. You will always have people that take it the wrong way or see the bad instead of the good. Better to stick with your friends list and stay off the forums. Too many arguing people for the sake of arguing.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

to everyone who said something about minding ones own business.. this whole place is based on discussing other peoples business. if everyone kept to their own, there would be no forums! :D

There would still be forums, but they would be boring.

tumblr_mn3wm0l3Kl1r0ptf1o1_500.gif
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    2c9d799c6e9078535abc2a0c637a8b6f_zps55a605d1.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

Are you these people's personal trainer or doctor? If yes, address this to them directly. If no, GTFOOOPGW.

*figure out that initialism
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

Are you these people's personal trainer or doctor? If yes, address this to them directly. If no, GTFOOOPGW.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • JD2006
    JD2006 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR THE FIRST BODY SHAMING TOPIC OF THURSDAY!

From a 20 year old.

Who has a lot of life experience.

Lol, right?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    oh yes, and in my profile pic, I'm 190 lbs, 5'7". My GW is 170 or until I LOVE what I see in the mirror when I'm naked. I don't care what that number on the scale reflects as long as I'm completely happy with my physique.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Well, coming from the queen, who wouldn't be?!

tumblr_mg0ikwPSmS1rkffv3o1_400.gif
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR THE FIRST BODY SHAMING TOPIC OF THURSDAY!

From a 20 year old.

Who has a lot of life experience.

This. How we do things is nobody's business but ours unless we ask for help. Another good example of the old rule of "mind your business and i'll mind mine" has gone out the window. As long as the person is losing who cares what they do. It's the goal not how you get there as long as you do it safely that matters.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This doesn't seem like "Fun and Games" :)

But really, for some people it's easier to focus on accomplishing small goals and also a weight of 170 or 175 is attainable and maintainable. And if someone can go from over 300 pound to 175 pounds, then they deserve massive praise.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh no you didn't start this thread LOL.
    Where the hell was I, that I missed it hahahaha...
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Whooofreakinhooooo I think I figured it out!!! Go me!!! :wink: :laugh:
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Get the F out of other people's goal weights? :D
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This doesn't seem like "Fun and Games" :)

It got moved from Motivation and Support - since so many found it demotivating and the gifs started, I guess this was the only place thety could think to put it? :drinker: