Replies

• Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tag
  • suchastruggle
    suchastruggle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We've been making these lately - but the cream cheese version. If you leave out the sweetener, it makes for an awesome sandwich. Google "oopsies" for the original recipe. There is also another version called Floopsies where you don't bother separating the eggs and it still comes out good - just not quite as puffy. We'll have to try the yogurt version; thanks for sharing, OP!
  • willowdragonfly
    willowdragonfly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yummy =)
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's not bread...that's called meringue- with yogurt in it... You people on this website and your weird-*kitten* recipes....*slaps forehead*

The meringue doesn't have yolks in them and look completely different. The original recipe calls it a cloud bread but you call it whatever you want and don't be rude
    Thank you for the recipe...never mind the nay sayers.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Made these for my morning brekkie and had it with fruits. soooo gewd. added a bit of vanilla and some lemon rind to it. thanks again.
    Thanks for trying it
    I've saved it to my recipe collection
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bananabruh
    Options
    bump
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump_zpsc4630300.gif

This will be tried. Oh, I am trying the crap out of this.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Tag
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    These cloud "breads" are lot of trouble, and not very good or useful actually.

Here is a yummy bread substitute that is easy as anything to prepare and is actually delicious:

Almond Flour Buns – yum

• ¾ C. almond flour
    • 1 T. flax seed meal
    • 2 large eggs
    • 5 T. butter
    • 1 1/2 pkts Splenda
    • 1/8 t. salt
    • 1.5 t. baking powder

1. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
    2. Whisk in the eggs
    3. Melt butter, add to mixture and whisk
    4. Divide mixture equally into 6 parts, place into a Muffin Top pan or equivalent
    5. Bake for 12-17 minutes at 350 degrees (varies by oven, watch the first time)
    6. Let cool on a wire rack.
    You're welcome!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ok, so these just came out of the oven.

Because I can never leave well enough alone:

Used 1/3 c. light cream cheese, cause I didn't have yogurt and people said it would work.
    Used 1 tsp honey instead of sweetener, cause even as a diabetic, I'd rather have natural.

Process, easy if you know how to make meringue. (Whip egg whites till they've doubled, add cream of tartar, whip til double again.)

I use a Silpat liner, so typically I don't grease any pan, I will next time, they need it.

Taste: It needed more honey, maybe 2 tsps. Probably wouldn't happen with sweetener.
    Eaten plain, there's a bit of bitterness-I can taste the cream of tartar. That might not be noticeable with more sweet or savory.
    A slight eggy taste, the first bite tasted like scrambled eggs to me, but I didn't notice it the second time.
    Texture: Interesting. The more I ate it, the more it felt like slightly stale bread.
    I will try them tomorrow after storing overnight based on other suggestions.

If using cream cheese, whip the cheese before adding yolks, it will make folding easier.

Overall: Pretty impressive, definitely one to play with especially since the ingredients are handy. My pictures look just like the OP.

Thanks for the recipe.