TMI poop help!

Options

Replies

• ZakMoon
    ZakMoon Posts: 13
    Options

To prevent it, you can always get some Psyllium Husk supplements or the actual Psyllium Husk to prevent this :P

What's this?

Never heard of it before.

I also don't drink alcohol, but coffee has helped in the past, forgot about that one :tongue: :laugh:

Psyllium husks are the husks of a plant called Plantago ovata. They're a source of soluble dietary fibre, so they're commonly used in supplement pills to aid in supply fibre.

If you live in the UK, you can get them from Holland&Barrets for a pretty cheap price. If you're in the US or anywhere else, I'd try Walmart.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well fiber is counted as a carb so there's really no way if you're not willing to eat a few more. Try counting net carbs instead if you're not getting enough. I'm regularly over my carbs but under my net carbs, fiber is not something you should compromise on. In my opinion it's the most important non-macro you can track.

QFT. You want to poop, eat more fibre in your daily intake. Eating gummies may give you more fibre however they take away from your total calories without any fill. You're better off to have way more veggies in your daily intake considering calories/carbs and fibre intake that your concerned about.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I add Arbonne Fiber Boost to protein shakes or even to water. It has 12 grams fiber and 15 carbs. I think that is net 3, but I'm not sure how to calculate net carbs. :smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    fiber never seems to have much effect for me. i usually drink some strong coffee when i need to clean the pipes out.

Same here. Coffee and a cigarette always did the trick for me. Skip the cigarette.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    fiber never seems to have much effect for me. i usually drink some strong coffee when i need to clean the pipes out.

Same here. Coffee and a cigarette always did the trick for me. Skip the cigarette.

Not a smoker here... but yeah coffee is a good one. I forgot about it. I'm making a pot right now actually.
  • starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going the route of probiotics instead? Get some liquid (in the refrigerated section) probiotics from a local health food store.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate and sunsweet ones along with probiotics.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Coffee, cigarette, and bumper-to-bumper traffic on an elevated highway.

Also... maybe it isn't a fiber issue. Perhaps you just need more fat.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was going to take a peek at your diary and see what you eat but that wasent available. I usually will take Colace daily if i need it to keep regular or magnesium helps.

I used to have that problem big time ( like going maybe 3 times a week) and when i stopped eating the protein bars i noticed a huge difference ( now i go just about daily)

I try to eat alot of fruit too and that seems to help keep things going.

Like I said, I'm pretty picky...

Usually my daily diary is eggs, turkey/cheese/spinach wrapped together for lunch, cucumbers, apples, vanilla greek yogurt... occasionally peanut butter on a piece of bread, then a normal dinner--whatever the family has.

the gummies is a good idea. I didn't even know they had fiber gummies! I'm gonna check those out next time I go out. Thank you!

Metamucil and all that stuff makes me gag... I tried those. Even the types that aren't supposed to be gritty.

Metamucil is my favorite. Not only does it keep me regular but my cholesterol went down and I lost 5 pounds when taking it twice a day. It absorbs fat in the intestine. Try mixing it with juice instead of water.

Fibercon is good, it's pills that are easy to swallow. Benefiber is also good. It's clear and you can mix it into food or drinks. And drink lots of water. Absolutely no grit and minimal taste.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I see someone else mentioned magnesium so I'll second that. Take a magnesium supplement at night, you'll be good to go by the morning.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    benefibre clear powder - add to water - and/or Ultra Fiber supplements.
    I like 5 prunes a day but yeah - that's 25 carbs right there...
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try magnesium citrate and cascara sagrada.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would be lucky to go once maybe twice a week when i began this WOE. Started taking two teaspoons of Natural Calm Natural Vitality (Magnesium Citrate) twice per day in a cup of boiling water. Whoo- no more concerns now and it also helps with my calcium intake ratio.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    There is a tea called Smooth Move. Drink a cup at night before you go to bed. Wake up and drink a cup of coffee and you should be good to go :) There is also a tea called Lacy Labeau (sp?) that I used a lot back in the day. It worked well also.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Miralax. Unless you want to eat more fruits, but if you are worried about carbs, then just take the Miralax. (Start with 17mg).
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing your toilet posture? Putting a footstool under my feet and being in a squatting position has helped me when I have a hard time getting things moving.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm Hashi, too. Healthy fats and more water. Throw a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseed into a smoothie or your yogurt. Lessen the cheese or milk, it can constipate you. I have gone to fewer carbs by cutting out a lot of wheat items and still eat quinoa, rice, barley, oatmeal and lentils. Also, I actually like prunes and five or six of those help move things along. Also, a good strong cup of coffee.

If it's getting painful, you may need to use a suppository or an enema to flush it out quickly.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A cup or two of Prune Juice! Gets me everytime :drinker:
  • Act2130
    Act2130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what it does to your carb count (I don't count) but half cup of fiber one cereal with 16 oz of water before bed always works for me.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Miralax. Unless you want to eat more fruits, but if you are worried about carbs, then just take the Miralax. (Start with 17mg).
    This is great stuff. Disappears completely, with zero taste. Non habit forming as well. Good luck.