Crying

Options

Replies

• pinksocks73
    Options
    That he would allow his friend/room mate to speak about you that way while he knows you are listening....right there he deserves the boot.

And why exactly do you consider yourself fat? You look to be like a sz 2 or 4...and tall. Why let their words bother you when it's obvious that you're not fat...
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chin up :), don't let anyone tear you down. You are no longer that person :)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. He was probably messing with the guy anyway. Please don't take it too personal. It was meant as a joke to demean your bf. To bring him down. You understand?

This is the first thing I thought...This was meant as a jerk messing with a jerk. He was trying to not only demean your boyfriend but also make your boyfriend look like an *kitten*. Which he succeeded. However, the guy you are dating should not be hanging around with creeps like that. You are GORGEOUS! That whole phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?" Bologna. But don't give the jerk any power. Its not true so don't focus on it. You are beautiful and that moron obviously should feel lucky he's dating you. :flowerforyou:
    The only part here I don't agree with, and this is coming from a guys point of view, is that most guys say that. I don't think he's being a creep. It's just meant to bring him down because probably his roommate has no one as hot as you or no one at all.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    GIRL, YOU ARE TEENY TINY!! So I'm thinking this guy doesn't even know what you look like! So don't even think about what you heard some dumbass say. He probably just has a small penis and feels bad about it so he tries to bring down ANYONE that he can :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, you are so gorgeous and slim! And you really shouldn't even need anyone else to tell you that ;):flowerforyou:

Own what you've got!!

Totally agrees!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You are all very kind. but his roommate used to date my old roommate a couple of years ago. At that time I was 35 pounds heavier and fat. He never liked me and has always been rude to me. I know hes just another jerk, but it still is so incredibly painful. Oh, and after he said it his current girlfriend laughed.

I pledge never to use my words as a sword. I NEVER want to make others feel the same way this guy (and many others) have made me felt.

I
    Doesn't sound like anyone I'd want to spend time with...why waste yours with a guy like that, that's even got a roomie that talks trash about you. The bf allowed it and didn't put a stop too it, seems you deserve far more than that!!

A lot of good decent guys out there that don't get so caught up in looks, it's how you feel about yourself that's truly most important, not what a 'semi-dating' bf thinks or a roomie yelling in the background thinks. Life's too short to waste your time on ppl that bring you down...it really is!:flowerforyou:
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I hope the guy your seeing gave him a nice hard punch ;)

Joke or not it was a huge douche thing for him to say.Some guy called me fat when I was pregnant with my first child... new pregnant and it really upset me. Why go for "fat" as a way to mess with or insult a woman? Its messed up.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    What an *kitten*. He was probably messing with the guy anyway. Please don't take it too personal. It was meant as a joke to demean your bf. To bring him down. You understand?

This is the first thing I thought...This was meant as a jerk messing with a jerk. He was trying to not only demean your boyfriend but also make your boyfriend look like an *kitten*. Which he succeeded. However, the guy you are dating should not be hanging around with creeps like that. You are GORGEOUS! That whole phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?" Bologna. But don't give the jerk any power. Its not true so don't focus on it. You are beautiful and that moron obviously should feel lucky he's dating you. :flowerforyou:
    The only part here I don't agree with, and this is coming from a guys point of view, is that most guys say that. I don't think he's being a creep. It's just meant to bring him down because probably his roommate has no one as hot as you or no one at all.
    No, I don't agree... I think most guys THINK other guys act this way... but it's simply not true. If a guy thinks this is how all guys act then it's the company they keep that's making them think this, not a true reflection on all guys.
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    I am by no means taking up for men by no means. Lots of men throw that word around because we don't know how it hurts you. To us, being fat is just ok. To females, not ok. Worse than that. I know it sucks. We just don't know the power words have. I am truly sorry. Though you are not fat. You just so happen to be amazingly hot!
  • roylawrence87
    Options

No, I don't agree... I think most guys THINK other guys act this way... but it's simply not true. If a guy thinks this is how all guys act then it's the company they keep that's making them think this, not a true reflection on all guys.
    You must be a guy then right? You don't think like men. There is no way you can be. Men were taught that fat was ok. That being fat was ok. Women were taught otherwise.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You are all incredibly supportive and kind. Thank you for helping me get through this..

I think I am going to buy Nike's shirt that says "Strong is the New Beautiful' and just move on. I have experienced this more than I would like to account for, but I would like to think it makes me a little bit stronger every time.

If any of you want a super supportive MyfitnessPal friend, then feel free to add me! I would love to be there for you as well. This journey is hard, but we are all here doing it together!

"Choice, not circumstances, determines success"
    "Maintain an attitude of gratitude"
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    So here's the good news:

1. You are gorgeous, just like previous posters have said and that's not likely to change
    2. You are a good, and intelligent woman who has her whole life ahead of her and plenty of wonderful life choices ahead

Here's the bad news (for him)

1 He's an *kitten* and that's not likely to change either. His roomate made the comment but he let it go. Bad upbringing there.
    2. His roommate is no prize and probably couldn't get a girl as lovely as you thus the laughing girl in the background. Who would knowingly date someone after hearing that come out of their mouths?
    3. They are both WAY TOO OLD to be acting like that and there is no acceptable excuse. Saying "that's just how men act" is demeaning to real men. My 13 year old son knows better than to act in the manner you describe which tells me he's more of a man than either of those two idiots.

My advice? Dump that *kitten* and find yourself a real man. They're definitely out there!
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great Idea to buy a fun shirt and move on! By the look of your profile picture you are beautiful. I can imagine how hurtful that must have been for you. The best revenge is to make him eat his words and continue on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like! :)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    you are so not fat, or were! So the only thing I can think of is he meant some other chick, like maybe he thought you b/f was on the phone with someone else.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You have a hot bod and even if you used to be "fat" and he knows that, SCREW HIM! You're beautiful and look perfect to me and you shouldn't worry about what someone says about you or the old you because you're not that person anymore.
  • CA_NC
    CA_NC Posts: 3
    Options
    YOU ARE MAGNIFICENT. DUMP THAT GUY.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Saying "that's just how men act" is demeaning to real men.
    Exactly! You put it very well... Real men simply do NOT act in that manner toward Women! Though some make excuses for their ignorance at times... doesn't mean it's right.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    sorry to hear that this happened to you...People can be very inconsiderate of others feelings. You are very beautiful and have awesome legs ...I think the friend is just jealous as others have already said because he doesn't have someone as beautiful as you....keep working hard and doing what you are doing because it is obviously working....:smile:
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    That is horrible and that roomate is incredible immature and unaware of other feelings. I can completely understand how that hurt. You do not deserve that at all.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    SHOOT

A: if your fat then i wanna date obese women cause you are SMOKIN!!!

B: get rid of him sounds like a D bag anyways

C: have you looked at your pics cause you look great
  • Sweepee2
    Options
    My best advice - kick him to the curb. Don't waste your energy on a guy who would be friends/roomates with a jerk. And, if he was a real man, he'd have got on the phone and apologized for his friend's comment. I assume he didn't. My response would be bahbye jerko. You're stunning. You were stunning +35 pounds too. Don't ever take the comments of an idiot to heart. I know words hurt. I get comments and stares and even dissapproving nods and up and downs. But, I don't put my energy into those that I don't really care about me. they don't deserve my attention. ((HUGGS)) Take care.:flowerforyou: