Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with warm homemade bacon dressing and hard boiled egg it's a meal in itself
    Arugula with goat cheese and roasted pears with pecans and homemade raspberry dressing-Devine!
    Mixed greens with feta ,candied walnuts(careful there),dried cranberries and grapes with homemade balsalmic-favorite salad
    Top any salad with left over grilled fish or thinly sliced steak--you got it
    There are endless combos so don't sweat it & eat your salads you are the man!!!
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My husband 6'4" 220 muscle LOVEsSalad
    Son 6'6" 230 -- all muscle Loves salad
    Other son 5'10" 210 personal trainer and exercise science major with degree LOVES salad the most especially when topped with protein!!! In fact I make enough salad to feed a crowd but never have left over greens!

Salad loving is manly in.my house believe me because my men are beautiful!

There does seem to be a very strange thing about salads in the U.S. and I've only encountered it here. When I have heard that trash talk, it's usually from some guy who can barely do a pushup so I'm inclined to discount that definition of "manly." I like good salads almost as much as I like a good steak.
    A good salad to go with a great steak is mandatory in my book.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Other son 5'10" 210 personal trainer and exercise science major with degree LOVES salad the most especially when topped with protein!!! In fact I make enough salad to feed a crowd but never have left over greens!

There does seem to be a very strange thing about salads in the U.S. and I've only encountered it here. When I have heard that trash talk, it's usually from some guy who can barely do a pushup so I'm inclined to discount that definition of "manly." I like good salads almost as much as I like a good steak.

Cheers to that. I'm on a grilled skirt steak, tomato and romaine salad with red wine vinegar dressing, mozzarella or camembert, and red wine/good IPA kick right now for Sunday afternoons.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I started a thread for "unmanly" salad toppings. . . .this way this thread can remain on topic :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Cheers to that. I'm on a grilled skirt steak, tomato and romaine salad with red wine vinegar dressing, mozzarella or camembert, and red wine/good IPA kick right now for Sunday afternoons.
  • isp3986
    isp3986 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Salads are great. I love them. I've been called many and much worse things, but never unmanly.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Only if you include fake bacon topping. Other than that, you d'man.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    manly!
  • VeganCappy
    VeganCappy Posts: 122
    Options
    "People eat meat and think they will become strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass."

-Pino Caruso