Tell me words you can't pronounce correctly.

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Oxygen.. & Diltiazem
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I pronounce alot of words weirdly. Like coffee and wash, washing, washer, etc... those are the ones off the top of my head.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    A lot of them...I'm French
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I call Cracker Barrel...crackle barrel. Does that count?
  • doddy44
    doddy44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chimera. I can never remember how to pronounce it and always say it wrong. Yet I am constantly trying to interject the idea into conversations. Like now ;)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "World"

It comes from when I was little, when we were learning sounds, our teacher was Irish, so when she said it, it sounded different to everyone else, now I say an odd combination between "werld" and "wuld." Doesn't roll off the tongue though.

I also have difficulty in correctly pronouncing "Joe," which is unfortunate as it's my name hahaa! It comes out with a "ew" sound, if I introduce myself, the other person usually goes "nice to meet you Jew." Kinda frustrating lol
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Armoire,
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    only with the word prodigy. Some part of my brain always decides to pronounce it "progidy", even though I know it's not pronounced like that.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    magnificent usually comes out something like magnificicant....i can usually pull it off if i break it down and talk real slow, but if I'm excited and try to rattle it off....forget about it!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Chimney...could be a local dialect thing (Manchester UK) or family thing but I always say chimley
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Apparently with my Pittsburgh accent, any word that ends with an “L” sound. I don’t hear it but everyone here in the south gives me a hard time about it.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't say it wrong, but I feel like it sounds really weird when I say "rural".
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    ~ Misled ~

This is more a word I mispronounced in my head for years and years (and years!) while reading novels. Because I'm a huge fan of crime stories, spy thrillers and the like, this word was everywhere. "Your honor, I was missled!" :blushing:

Even though I eventually found out what it actually sounded like, I still find myself stumbling over it when reading and I have to go back to the start of the sentence and begin again so I read it properly.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Patented

Doesn't roll off the tongue too well
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I always have problems with Acai. I'm not so sure it's a pronunciation thing or if it's just a weird word.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti. Yes, I'm a 38 year old, college educated person who still occasionally says, "pasketti" on accident.:blushing:

ETA: Oh, and my regional dialect comes through loud and clear whenever there's a T sound in the middle of a word. "Thirdy" for "Thirty". "Liddle" for "Little". Ugh, I'm so Midwestern.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts. I always pronounce it with a ****s. *kitten* s
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    when i describe how there was a storm with lightning in past tense ...i always want to, and most of the time do say "it was lightning-ning :happy:
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When I was little I used to think "this morning" was pronounced, "This smorning". When I first entered into the medical field I had a difficult time learning how to say "panniculectomy" but now that I finally have that word down and work in a different unit, I stumble when saying "opioid overdose".
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this thread the other day and still can't say "Worcherstirree."

I also realized I can't say/spell Balsamic.

I always add an extra "L." Balsalmic.