POSTCARD CHALLENGE ROUND 14!!!!

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So, my '5k' turned into a 1.5miles walk/run..:frown: . appearently only those who signed up for the competitive run get to do the whole 5k, everyone else does the 1.5...I didn't find out until after reaching the 1.5mile marker when they said 'all walkers you are done, please go inside, all runners, men to the right, women to the left' :grumble: Gee thanks for being clear about this on the flyer that I got.. and let's face, everyone looks forward to those race day tee's..a trophy tee if you will..You guessed it, again, only the 'runners' get one. :grumble: Everyone else gets a reusable shopping bag promoting the place and has nothing to do with the 5k on it, not that I won't use it, but still. A little annoyed but it will pass. Just wished they were better organized. Now, cappuccino, cheese potatoes, and a fire for the night.:ohwell: I'm really looking forward to the 5k in March, because I KNOW it's an actual 5k :drinker: Enjoy your weekend all!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    So, my '5k' turned into a 1.5miles walk/run..:frown: . appearently only those who signed up for the competitive run get to do the whole 5k, everyone else does the 1.5...I didn't find out until after reaching the 1.5mile marker when they said 'all walkers you are done, please go inside, all runners, men to the right, women to the left' :grumble: Gee thanks for being clear about this on the flyer that I got.. and let's face, everyone looks forward to those race day tee's..a trophy tee if you will..You guessed it, again, only the 'runners' get one. :grumble: Everyone else gets a reusable shopping bag promoting the place and has nothing to do with the 5k on it, not that I won't use it, but still. A little annoyed but it will pass. Just wished they were better organized. Now, cappuccino, cheese potatoes, and a fire for the night.:ohwell: I'm really looking forward to the 5k in March, because I KNOW it's an actual 5k :drinker: Enjoy your weekend all!!

How annoying!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoyed your cappuccino, cheese potatoes and fire.

I'm off out to get some new trainers (for when I start the c25k), there's a Starbucks nearby and my girlies have 'insisted' we go in!!! Would be rude not to!

Don't worry, I plan on working off the calories this afternoon!
  • looby1968
    Options
    Here they are Bru!

It's Raining Men 10513
    Tik Tok 9840
    Hot Stuff 10060 (You totally rock at this!!!!!)
    I Want You Back 10308
    Call Me 10399
    D.A.N.C.E 10586
    Walk Like An Egyptian 10170
    Take Me Out 10247
    That's Not My Name 9970 (I soooooo couldn't get the hang of this one!!!)

Took me 39 mins, with my extra jogging in-between each song, and I burned 288cals!

I was sooooooooooooo shattered afterwards! I had already been for a walk with my Mum and sister-in-law, for 65mins!

I've also posted the 3 songs for the 'JUST DANCE 2 scores' Challenge!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149505--just-dance-2-scores-challenge-week-1
  • looby1968
    Options
    Okay, mid-challenge weigh in: I've lost 0.5lb this week and with regards to my 'pledges':

Drink at least 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY - check!
    30 minutes of cardio, at least 3 times a week - check!
    15 minutes of weights, at least 3 times a week - check
    30 sit-ups/crunches, at least 3 times a week - check
    15 push-up, at least 3 times a week - check
    30 minutes Wii Fit Plus, targeting specific areas, at least 3 times a week - only twice and mainly cardio!
    15-30 minutes of relaxation, at least 3 times a week - check but mainly sat in front of the 'goggle box'
    30 minutes of JUST DANCE 1/2, at least 3 times a week - check and I posted a thread with my scores for those of you with JD2, to beat! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149505--just-dance-2-scores-challenge-week-1

How are the rest of you doing?
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The challenge is working well for me so far!!!
    I lost 3lb, which i really didn't think i was going to manage.......makes it even better i think!! x

Challenges
    water i'm not having a problem with :drinker:
    exercise machines have not been used for 2 days thanks to TOM :sick:
    i have yet to get my just dance 2 out !!:grumble:
    The 60mins to myself ended with me having much lighter hair and a nasty hangover the next day :blushing: lol

Hope everyone else is getting it done!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

x jo x
  • s_krapf
    s_krapf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am down to 185.6. I haven't exercised like I was prior to the Christmas break, but I think it has to do with getting back into the routine. Water intake has been at the recommended 8 glasses, and I only had two soft drinks for the week! Was given some new obstacles on Thursday and considering everything I feel I did pretty good. Weight loss is very difficult and the max I can loose in a week is 2 lbs so I am pretty close! Starting Tuesday I ate a fruit and veggie every day. This replaced my usual lunch, and I am glad for the change!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    oh dear oh dear oh dear...i am NOT doing well!! I'm assuming it's because of my burger, beer, and fries yesterday (my cheat meal) but I weighted in at a pound heavier today! AHHHHH! So, rule #1 - don't weigh in day after cheat meal. Rule #2 - Limit cheat meal next week so Monday weigh in is better! :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and a have a great week...
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    At mid-challenge I am up a pound but I did get my two exercise days in.

Good luck to everyone on our final week.
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mid challenge weigh-in, 10 pounds lost...but I'm not sure it's fair because it was technically week one for me.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Mid Challenge weigh-in. I've lost .8 lbs since last week. I'm hoping to be able to kick it up a notch this week because I'm starting Zumba on Thursday and will be taking a 4 hours snowshoe hike on Saturday.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Mid-challenge weigh-in I am up +2.5 lbs... thank you TOM bloat and a couple birthdays. My birthday was on saturday and I just threw the weekend in (minus the hike I did on saturday). Some of that is water weight, I think a little might be from cake and other goodies :laugh:

This week should be fairly good for me, only thing lined up is a bridal shower on friday for a co-worker.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options

I plan on walking outside (weather permitting) at least 3x each week, FINISHING the 5k I'm attending this coming Saturday and making sure my water stays at 12 8oz glasses every day. :heart: Bru

SO, my 5k was only a half, but not my fault as they didn't tell us til I was finishing my first lap, very annoyed! I walked outside last Mon (2x) Tue and Wed and then again Sat. This week is much colder, and we're actually waiting for snow anytime now, so, I'm gonna stick to Leslie Sansone and Just Dance this week. My water has been on track EVERYday too :)

Keep at it all, you're doing great!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    bump!
    Already doing Valentine Challenge.
    :tongue:
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I did so so on my goals and managed to go back to my starting weight of the challenge...so hopefully by wednesday i will lose some more (thats my weigh in day)

8 glasses of water -check
    treadmill 30 minutes at least 3 times -check
    30 day shred at least 3 x's (on demand/cable) - only one time...my daughter will not let me do this lol :grumble:
    ab work out at least 3x's (on demand/cable) -check
    at least 30 minutes cleaning non stop each day -check

my start weight for this challenge is 140 and still 140

...i have different goals this week..

treadmill 40 minutes 3 times
    Anywhere Abs 5 times .................purchased this for 1.99 on my kindle! timed workout and so far i love it :heart:
    cleaning 30 mins everyday

GOOD LUCK ALL!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    bump!
    Already doing Valentine Challenge.
    :tongue:
    But it's not a Valentine's Day chellenge :wink: This challenge ends next Monday ( I think, lol)

Anyway, keep it up everyone!! Can't wait to see all the numbers roll in when it's over :smile:
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ok! Back to normal today! woohoo! Thanks water for everything you do for my body! :love: I'm down 2 lbs this week! yippee! :flowerforyou:
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey all: Mid Challenge weigh-in and I've lost 6 pounds so far. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • CharlotteRose90
    Options
    Hey so yesterday my internet was out, so I will post my things today.

SW = 225
    CW = 213
    total weight lost = 12 lbs!!!

I also met all of my goals! :)
  • looby1968
    Options
    Hey so yesterday my internet was out, so I will post my things today.

SW = 225
    CW = 213
    total weight lost = 12 lbs!!!

I also met all of my goals! :)

Wow! Excellent!!!!!!!
  • CharlotteRose90
    Options
    Thanks!!! :)