Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 years old, female, wife and mom, musician, and breast cancer survivor. I am 44 lbs down with about 50 more to go. I log my food every day and lift heavy weights with my hubby 4 times a week. It is my passion. I desire friends who have open diaries so that I can get ideas and learn from all of you. Looking for a few more friends!
  • Warlock_42
    Warlock_42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi eveybody,

I'm John and I just now started back into working out and I just started to use this site/app. I'm 44 going to be 45 in July and I am going to lose the last 20lbs within a year but I hope faster. It's great to be on this site withevery doing the same thing. :smile:
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Kathy. I am 26 years old from Northern VA and currently on a weight loss re-start. I have gotten to goal weight before (actually twice) but like many of us, sometimes regains happen. So I am here looking for others to buddy up with with similar goals as mine. My weight goal is get to a healthy weight which means about 70-80 pounds to drop.

I also lost my Dad to obesity (will be a year at the end of the month) so this restart means more than ever to me.
  • raina_77
    raina_77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have a looooooong way to go and would like all the supportive friends I can get. I am supportive also.
  • ArkansasNoSugar
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and I am looking for "support connections" here on MFP! I have gained about 80 pounds over the last 2 years from Lupus meds and 2 accidents - fractured ankle and then knee surgery. With a mom & aunt who were both diabetic and knowing that I am addicted to chocolate, I have gone with a No Sugar motivational theme and that means limiting the sugar and includes focusing on a low carb diet.

Week 1 was pretty good in that it showed me how I indulge when I am bored or worried and how I eat way too few calories when I am busy and content.
  • nsala86
    nsala86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm a 27 year old single mom of one. I'm a full time student, employed full time, super busy and pretty new to MFP. I found that with my divorce and adjusting to being a new mom I put on far too much weight and have had a hard time getting it off with my very busy life. I had been doing weight watchers for the past couple of months and successfully lost 30 pounds before discovering MFP about a week ago. I've been logging in consistently and cancelled my WW membership. I like this so much better! I lost 4 pounds the first week of doing this! I am eager to meet new people and support one another...anyone feel free to add me
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm almost 40, down almost 70 pounds (more actually, but that's from when I started counting), and have another 35-40 to go. I was losing very steadily but I stalled out and even put on a few pounds this past month. I would love friends.
  • Averagerun
    Options
    Hello, I wouldn't mind some more friends . Running is my thing as well as cycling :)
  • shrimpie75
    shrimpie75 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone, i am usually on everyday, lack of android (off to be fixed lol) and not alot of spare time to get on pc (will be back on app soon as i get me mobile back from bein repaired lol) i am on everyday when have it back lol

This is my 2nd profile as i accidently deleted my 1st one but have put my starting weight as hen i first started mfp 19 months ago (thort id say before the comments and querys begin lol) and friends are always welcomed :wink:
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Would also like to give and get support. Weight-lifting runner has put on 12 lbs since the heady days of last summer.
  • cubouldergirl
    Options
    Hi! I'm 19 and trying to get 50-100 pounds off! Keeping calories at around 1500 and carbs below 20! I log in everyday, and a good commentator on posts! Feel free to add me! :)
  • futuremrsmcginnis
    futuremrsmcginnis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 a mother of two cw 141 Im 5'6 gw is 120. My lowest weight was 122. :wink: looking for friends feel free to add.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 27 and trying to lose 100+lbs anyone can feel free to add me, I'm always looking for supportive friends! :)
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    19, I don't know how many pounds I need to lose, I stopped using a scale. I'm going to be logging everyday though, so add me if you want!
    1372665 Posts: 10
    Options
    19, boston
    5' 3"
    want to lose 20-25 lbs but also gain muscle
    feel free to add me :)
  • Raeesa_777
    Raeesa_777 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Raeesa, im 18 years old. I have about 10 kgs to lose, and im 5'1" (give it up for the short ppl..lol).. feel free to add me.

I have an open diary
  • Sawah30
    Sawah30 Posts: 5
    Options
    Add away :)
  • michellegreene72
    michellegreene72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been on My fit pal for a while.(sporadically ) I've actually lost 65 lbs as I've gained weight while not taking my weight loss seriously. I'm currently back on the grind & trying to find my motivation to lose these last 20lbs. Any tips & all motivation welcomed! I know what you're going through. We all do! Good luck!
  • rimi_naushad
    rimi_naushad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

This is Rimi and im 23 years old girl,
    i wanna lose 20-25 lbs :)

Good luck Everyone :)