Official "Get Friends" Thread

Replies

• thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm Kathy. I am 26 years old from Northern VA and currently on a weight loss re-start. I have gotten to goal weight before (actually twice) but like many of us, sometimes regains happen. So I am here looking for others to buddy up with with similar goals as mine. My weight goal is get to a healthy weight which means about 70-80 pounds to drop.

I also lost my Dad to obesity (will be a year at the end of the month) so this restart means more than ever to me.
  • raina_77
    raina_77 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all! I have a looooooong way to go and would like all the supportive friends I can get. I am supportive also.
  • Just wanted to say hi and I am looking for "support connections" here on MFP! I have gained about 80 pounds over the last 2 years from Lupus meds and 2 accidents - fractured ankle and then knee surgery. With a mom & aunt who were both diabetic and knowing that I am addicted to chocolate, I have gone with a No Sugar motivational theme and that means limiting the sugar and includes focusing on a low carb diet.

Week 1 was pretty good in that it showed me how I indulge when I am bored or worried and how I eat way too few calories when I am busy and content.
  • nsala86
    nsala86 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm a 27 year old single mom of one. I'm a full time student, employed full time, super busy and pretty new to MFP. I found that with my divorce and adjusting to being a new mom I put on far too much weight and have had a hard time getting it off with my very busy life. I had been doing weight watchers for the past couple of months and successfully lost 30 pounds before discovering MFP about a week ago. I've been logging in consistently and cancelled my WW membership. I like this so much better! I lost 4 pounds the first week of doing this! I am eager to meet new people and support one another...anyone feel free to add me
  • Persian99
    Persian99 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi all, I'm almost 40, down almost 70 pounds (more actually, but that's from when I started counting), and have another 35-40 to go. I was losing very steadily but I stalled out and even put on a few pounds this past month. I would love friends.
  • Hello, I wouldn't mind some more friends . Running is my thing as well as cycling :)
  • shrimpie75
    shrimpie75 Posts: 10
    Hi everyone, i am usually on everyday, lack of android (off to be fixed lol) and not alot of spare time to get on pc (will be back on app soon as i get me mobile back from bein repaired lol) i am on everyday when have it back lol

This is my 2nd profile as i accidently deleted my 1st one but have put my starting weight as hen i first started mfp 19 months ago (thort id say before the comments and querys begin lol) and friends are always welcomed :wink:
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Would also like to give and get support. Weight-lifting runner has put on 12 lbs since the heady days of last summer.
  • Hi! I'm 19 and trying to get 50-100 pounds off! Keeping calories at around 1500 and carbs below 20! I log in everyday, and a good commentator on posts! Feel free to add me! :)
  • futuremrsmcginnis
    futuremrsmcginnis Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 27 a mother of two cw 141 Im 5'6 gw is 120. My lowest weight was 122. :wink: looking for friends feel free to add.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Hi I'm 27 and trying to lose 100+lbs anyone can feel free to add me, I'm always looking for supportive friends! :)
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    19, I don't know how many pounds I need to lose, I stopped using a scale. I'm going to be logging everyday though, so add me if you want!
    1372665 Posts: 10
    19, boston
    5' 3"
    want to lose 20-25 lbs but also gain muscle
    feel free to add me :)
  • Raeesa_777
    Raeesa_777 Posts: 22
    Hi guys, my name is Raeesa, im 18 years old. I have about 10 kgs to lose, and im 5'1" (give it up for the short ppl..lol).. feel free to add me.

I have an open diary
  • Sawah30
    Sawah30 Posts: 5
    Add away :)
  • michellegreene72
    michellegreene72 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I've been on My fit pal for a while.(sporadically ) I've actually lost 65 lbs as I've gained weight while not taking my weight loss seriously. I'm currently back on the grind & trying to find my motivation to lose these last 20lbs. Any tips & all motivation welcomed! I know what you're going through. We all do! Good luck!
  • rimi_naushad
    rimi_naushad Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Everyone

This is Rimi and im 23 years old girl,
    i wanna lose 20-25 lbs :)

Good luck Everyone :)
  • NiSmitty
    NiSmitty Posts: 2 Member
    Hello...I'm a 30 years old mother, wife, everything else, and a yo-yo MFP user (so sad to admit) but I'm back and fully committed to sticking to it th is time. I've lost, gained, and searched for those pounds, lost again, and they found me again too, lol. I'm working to lose at least 60 pounds and keep it off and would love to add those that are looking for some e-motivation and looking to provide some e-motivation as well! It takes a village...we can do this together!
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Add me :) I log daily and just got back into running. Have a 5K in a bout 3 weeks, so Ill be going hard
  • carbycran22
    carbycran22 Posts: 12 Member
    I love having friends to motivate and to motivate me just as much! Add add add!!