do you leave your diary open?

Options

Replies

• MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I like to have people comment about my eating habits and like to share any meals/snacks that others may enjoy.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do...however it's not very good
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Open I eat what I want and I don't care what anyone thinks! :laugh:
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Mine's open only to friends. If I ever end up asking a question where seeing the diary would help, I'd open it temporarily, but I haven't felt any need so far. Guess I feel the need to keep something private in this age of Too Much Information. :smile:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason to hide what I eat - mine is open.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed. As is everything I do on the internet, I proceed with extreme privacy. I don't look at others either, as I am accountable only to myself.

Yeah, I think this may have a lot to do with your "Internet personality." I am the same way. When I want to share something specific, I post it. But I'm not the type to just have stuff on display. I haven't updated Facebook since the birth of my daughter.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Open I eat what I want and I don't care what anyone thinks! :laugh:
    I don't care what they think but they won't shut up about it! :grumble:
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's open to friends only, but I've been considering changing it to strictly open.

Initially I made the decision for privacy and the embarrassment of eating a pizza for dinner. Anyhow, I don't think I care so much anymore. But I will say that I'm overall a private person even IRL.
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends :) I have eating issues, and it kind of keeps me accountable when I'm hating myself for eating 500 calories that day and my friends are there to remind me that it's a good thing and I need to keep it going up :) I also love looking at my friends diaries and seeing them doing this the healthy way/all the good food they're enjoying. Gives me something to look forward to when I get over these issues! :)
  • tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Plus, I often find other people's diaries really confusing and not helpful when they don't even come close to their calorie goals -- or when they've only eaten three things but have somehow eaten all their calories and I can't see where the extra calories are coming from. So I always feel like I have a gazillion questions, but I don't know whether they really want me to be snooping around and inviting myself to ask questions about their diary.

I have the same problem! Like there will be two food entries totaling 400 calories, but their daily calories at the top will be 1500 out of 1550 total for the day. There's no way those two entries totaled 1500 so why can I only see 400?! It's the weirdest thing!

AFM: my diary is open, I think it holds me accountable and I encourage my friends to give me honest feedback on my day. :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends only, and since I am accountable to myself and nobody else having my diary open to the world will not make a difference. Besides, I like some privacy in the internet so no open diary and no photos.

Some of my friends don't have their diaries open at all and that is fine with me. What they eat and how much they eat is not of my concern and I will only suggest or recommend something if they ask for my opinion.

I don't ask for help or guidance in any open forum, so there is not need for me to have my diary open. Since I have been in maintenance for more than 3 years, I must be doing something right.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Open! People who have nothing to hide hide nothing.

Regardless of what anyone lists in their diary and regardless of whether it's private or open, the body keeps a very accurate record of what it's been fed. You can't hide anything from it. :laugh:

True but then you have people making posts saying they dont know why they aren't losing and their diary's are closed but ince you ask them to open them you can easily see why they aren't losing. People like to lie to themselves.
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. Anyone can look at it and it doesn't bother me a bit. I also like to peek at other's diaries so I can food ideas.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. There are one or two who have reached their goal weights and I've found it helpful when they see something that I could do differently that will make this huge lifestyle change a little easier.
  • sarah_irish_2001
    sarah_irish_2001 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just opened mine. Need to be held accountable ????
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's open, sometimes I'm not proud of it.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't leave it open because I do not use MFP for tracking calories. I prefer the old fashioned pen and paper way of doing things. And if I don't know how many calories are in something, I just don't eat it.
    ditto. pen and paper
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't leave it open because I do not use MFP for tracking calories. I prefer the old fashioned pen and paper way of doing things. And if I don't know how many calories are in something, I just don't eat it.
    ditto. pen and paper

I do this too. when I was trying to figure out what could have cause my bloating problem, pencil and paper did a great job without stressing me out. LOL Plus I got to use those pretty stationary papers I collected throughout the old days...
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    i was curious - do you leave your diary open or keep it private? i leave notes to myself in the foods notes, and have an odd diet, so i don't feel entirely comfortable leaving it open, but i can't really see why not.

Mine's private.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    don't like to leave mine open. Had some "uncomfortable" friends that would use what I ate as a basis for our relationship. I had someone yell at me for something I ate and I just set "f$%ck it".