To all parents.....Should I give this lady a tip?

Options

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

You should use a double boiler pot and heat the special ingrediant to 120F for 45 minutes first, then add it to the mixture after straining the green leaf matter.
    This \m/

Come on you guys, get real! Sautée the special ingredient in butter first,. :smile:

^this^
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this magical marijuana that keeps you high for two days?!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You guys make me miss weed.

It's one of those things you have to give up when you want to lose weight. Those munchies are killer.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Personally I tend to only tip people who go above and beyond...otherwise their standard wage is what they get paid for - doing their job in a mediocre yet acceptable fashion.

If they exceed that expectation, they get a tip...if they don't, they don't.

That's just me though, my wife hates it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

It's one of those things you have to give up when you want to lose weight. Those munchies are killer.

Too much risk of losing my job. :(
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I wonder about this. Back in the day my husband enjoyed his weed immensely but he was always thin as a rail.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

False. I lost over 85 lbs smoking nearly every day. There are strains that are less prone to causing the munchies.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    In a few years, this won't even be a debate. Doctors will just prescribe it if it's the effective treatment. Those who find relief with it, and the people who love them, will wonder why it was taboo for so long.

Of course, I don't think cosmetoligists should be doling out medical advice, but if she said "oh, my Dr prescribed legal-medication-x for my migraines and it's been a lifesaver, you should ask about it" would anyone have been offended? So really...it's only "wrong" if you're in a state where it's illegal (and that will change in the near future so what's wrong today won't be wrong in a few years).
  • paleobaby87
    Options
    She was probably high when she said that.
  • hbrittingham
    Options

Too much risk of losing my job. :(

There's that, too.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Here's what you do- Use this as a perfect opportunity to talk to your 14 year old about the dangers of drugs/drug use. And explain that while, marijuana can be used for medicinal purposes, that is not an option that works for everyone, and not one that you guys are going to explore at this point.

Then ask your daughter if she has any questions or concerns about it.

A great way to open up dialogue and use it as a teaching moment. Yeah, perhaps the lady should not have been talking about it with a 14 year old, but people are allowed to express there thoughts/opinions. As long as she wasn't trying to sell it to your daughter then there isn't any legal action that can be taken.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

"It's one of those things that you DON'T have to give up when you want to lose weight. While those munchies are a killer, you learn to make it work... like with event showers, birthday parties, etc. and other things that you don't wish to give up but still want to enjoy" :wink:

I know many many people who smoke weed on occasion and continue to lose weight quite effectively :heart:
  • hbrittingham
    Options

False. I lost over 85 lbs smoking nearly every day. There are strains that are less prone to causing the munchies.

It's been lots and lots of years since I've partaken, but back then I never came across the strains that were less prone to cause the munchies. And then I'd fall asleep. I wasn't much fun.
  • temptingbiter
    temptingbiter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What would I do???? :huh:
    I would have informed my teenage daughter about "pot" before a manicurist did. Letting her know that some people smoke it for a buzz that happens to be safer than the effects of alcohol and some use it to cope with pain under the supervision of a medical professional. :smokin:
    I would also have taught my daughter that when a service is provided for you, such as getting your nails done, that it is PROPER to tip the person who did it and that forgetting and keeping the money is not an option, unless a bad job was done. :noway:
    (maybe a quick chat about the birds and the bees would be in order before the tattooed, pierced up druggie at the supermarket explains what condoms are) <<--- Sarcasm at it's highest, just in case anyone thought otherwise.

I like you!

Agreed. A nail tech telling your daughter that pot exists is not the end of the world. Stiffing someone who deserves a tip is quite rude though. And seeing as your daughter is 14 I don't fully believe your story.

And to anyone who believes you should be fired from the essential and dangerous position of painting someone's fingernails for mentioning pot, lighten up.

:laugh:
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    it's the next day. i would say forget the tip.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    In a few years, this won't even be a debate.

Just because it may be legal across the board in a few years, doesn't mean there won't be people on either side of the "fence". Just saying, lol.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    It stays in your system because it is fat soluable, not because you remain high the next day.
    i dont know where you get your stash but i injected 4 marijuanas last weekend and im still baked as fuark

JUST SAY NO!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Agreed...and munchies don't happen when you're a regular smoker, imo.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I have chronic migraines. Now, I can say some of the meds are worse than the pain. Really worse. Now, while I disagree about strangers talking to your kid about the medical pot, If it is parent controlled and does not otherwise affect your kids mental functions, baking it, if that is a possibility with medical pot, may be the healthiest way to go.

I have never tried it, but because of this thread, I may be inclined to.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I have chronic migraines. Now, I can say some of the meds are worse than the pain. Really worse. Now, while I disagree about strangers talking to your kid about the medical pot, If it is parent controlled and does not otherwise affect your kids mental functions, baking it, if that is a possibility with medical pot, may be the healthiest way to go.

I have never tried it, but because of this thread, I may be inclined to.

MFP...helping people, one person at a time...
    It's beautiful...