To all parents.....Should I give this lady a tip?

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    In a few years, this won't even be a debate. Doctors will just prescribe it if it's the effective treatment. Those who find relief with it, and the people who love them, will wonder why it was taboo for so long.

Of course, I don't think cosmetoligists should be doling out medical advice, but if she said "oh, my Dr prescribed legal-medication-x for my migraines and it's been a lifesaver, you should ask about it" would anyone have been offended? So really...it's only "wrong" if you're in a state where it's illegal (and that will change in the near future so what's wrong today won't be wrong in a few years).

^This. Plus most people think of pot and automatically think of smoking and how harsh the smoke can feel. And no one really wants their 14 year old inhaling smoke, regardless of what they're smoking, right? But there are other ways of administering it. Lots of people vaporize it and the wax is becoming a lot more popular. Both require inhalation but are far less "harsh" than smoking it.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

You should use a double boiler pot and heat the special ingrediant to 120F for 45 minutes first, then add it to the mixture after straining the green leaf matter.
    This \m/

Come on you guys, get real! Sautée the special ingredient in butter first,. :smile:

Sauteeing isnt a good option because you need time for the THC to volatize (@120F) and dont want to burn the butter.
    that and you could end up vapourizing most of the thc out of the blend. boiling over water is the best option

Yup, can then be used to drizzle over pasta, salads, chicken, or even frozen for later!

Speaking of which, I always preferred using it in Lasagna as opposed to Brownies... just saying...
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Personally I tend to only tip people who go above and beyond...otherwise their standard wage is what they get paid for - doing their job in a mediocre yet acceptable fashion.

If they exceed that expectation, they get a tip...if they don't, they don't.

That's just me though, my wife hates it.

Wow that's a jerk move.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    In before the lock.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Personally I tend to only tip people who go above and beyond...otherwise their standard wage is what they get paid for - doing their job in a mediocre yet acceptable fashion.

Wow that's a jerk move.
    not really though, i dont get tips for working 10 hours days construction so why is a tip implied for someone who brings me my food or cuts my hair when they already get a wage
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Wow that's a jerk move.
    not really though, i dont get tips for working 10 hours days construction so why is a tip implied for someone who brings me my food or cuts my hair when they already get a wage

Most servers earn 2.13/hour before taxes are taken out.....that's not a living wage.

People who cut hair, paint nails, etc usually are paid at least minimum wage.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ...... and doling out unsolicited and illegal advice to minors.

WTF is "illegal" advice?... You need to chillax and smoke some ting
  • BigT555
    Options

Wow that's a jerk move.

Most servers earn 2.13/hour before taxes are taken out.....
    things are different in ontario. minimum wage is $11 no matter where you work.

if i had a waiter who made that little i would definitely tip (and i still do in ontario unless the service is godawful just because of the stupid expectation of it)
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options

Wow that's a jerk move.

They're providing a service, and usually their wages are lower. It is proper etiquette to tip, if you don't want to than don't go out for services.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The tip is upto you.

Why this topic needs a thread IDK.

What's so bad about marijuana?!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Keeping it lit?
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options

It's people like this that really piss me off...
    Hey, when I was a server, I only made 2.13 an hour. Now, if I was lucky enough to work 40 hours a week, my check would only be 85 bucks (and that doesn't count for taxes or anything)

So, I obviously relied on my tips.
    Lemme guess, you're one of those "well, why not get a real job?" people, eh?
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    This thing is still movin'?

If your daughter "paid" (I remember something about a certificate?) for her mani, then I wouldn't worry about going back. And if the manicurist telling your daughter about MJ makes you unhappy, you don't need to bring her there.

I agree that it's an inappropriate (not because of what it is, but because of the "controversy" surounding it) topic for the workplace, especially with customers when you don't know how they'll react, but to blow it out of proportion and contact the owner or complain or confront her just seems... silly.

Have the discussion with your daughter, spell out how you feel about it to her, and move on. That's really all you can do at this point.
  • BigT555
    Options

Wow that's a jerk move.

They're providing a service, and usually their wages are lower. It is proper etiquette to tip, if you don't want to than don't go out for services.
    i rarely do

but what i dont understand is why they dont just incorporate tips into the price of the food. the system is screwed though i guess theres not much point discussing it
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    If it is just the tip, dont even bother.

thats-what-she-said.gif
  • BigT555
    Options

It's people like this that really piss me off...
    Hey, when I was a server, I only made 2.13 an hour. Now, if I was lucky enough to work 40 hours a week, my check would only be 85 bucks (and that doesn't count for taxes or anything)

So, I obviously relied on my tips.
    Lemme guess, you're one of those "well, why not get a real job?" people, eh?
    see above response. ontarians get proper wages. the us (im assuming your american here) has a pretty stupid wage system when it comes to the service industry
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Keeping it lit?

Trying to find the little bottle of Visine when you're already high...
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I imagine you get A LOT of mediocre service...