Anyone else hate clothes?

Options
1saturn
1saturn Posts: 95 Member
Sounds dumb as hell but I hate clothes. They don't flatter my body shape. Even if I make an effort to wear something tailored to my shape I still think I don't look great. I just think skinny people suit clothes better. If I wear a baggy top I look pregnant because my bust pushes the material out. If I wear something fitted I look better but that makes me a little conscious. Sure, jeans make my *kitten* look great but I feel like skinny girls always look more confident in them. In my opinion, I'm quite fit but I feel like if I wear certain clothes people will think "She's not thin, she shouldn't wear that". As my waist is my narrowest point, when it's hidden in clothes I look a lot bigger. Anyone else feel my pain? Ugh.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    In...for body shaming.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I wear crocs...a lot.
  • jypsi79
    jypsi79 Posts: 34
    Options
    I hate clothes as well. ;)
    Lets all just shed the unnecessary burden of clothing! Revolt against un-nakedness!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I feel that way at times, but then I just remind myself that regardless of size and shape there are close that will flatter my figure. It's just a matter of finding the right cut.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Tee shirts and jeans work for me!

Until the thighs of my jeans rub out...I wish they'd fortify those areas or something for longer lasting wear. xc

Oh, also hoodies.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Become a nudist, you're welcome
  • jypsi79
    jypsi79 Posts: 34
    Options
    Revolution!
  • 1saturn
    Options
    I feel that way at times, but then I just remind myself that regardless of size and shape there are close that will flatter my figure. It's just a matter of finding the right cut.

True! Only problem is that clothes that don't really suit me are the ones I need to wear the most. Casual clothes!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wear crocs...a lot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvoNfU7UOB1AuNNa-nPvjaw8d_Vsk6dwikj9-YtfSF2gQg_eckgw
  • 1saturn
    Options
    I wear crocs...a lot.

Do you boo
  • 1saturn
    Options
    I wear crocs...a lot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvoNfU7UOB1AuNNa-nPvjaw8d_Vsk6dwikj9-YtfSF2gQg_eckgw

Haha
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Do you boo

no, I hiss...aggies don't boo.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's why I only wear bikinis..... but, seriously, people of every size and shape can and do have confidence.
  • 1saturn
    Options
    Tee shirts and jeans work for me!

Until the thighs of my jeans rub out...I wish they'd fortify those areas or something for longer lasting wear. xc

Oh, also hoodies.

Yeah this is the easiest option for casual. I hear you on the thigh issue! I like wearing tighter tops because it shows I have a waist but then it looks like I'm trying to show off my chest. It's so annoying.
  • 1saturn
    Options
    that's why I only wear bikinis..... but, seriously, people of every size and shape can and do have confidence.

True. Sometimes I feel thankful for my curves and other days I'm like why is my body such an effort!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Being thin doesn't necessarily mean clothes always look good on you. I'm tall and everything on my body is too long for standard sizes - long arms, legs, torso. I have broad shoulders but a thin waist. I hate shopping because it's frustrating and disappointing. Plenty of women struggle with finding clothes that fit their body types; the trick is to spend some time finding pieces that fit well and flatter. It has nothing to do with being thin.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, I think a high waisted pencil skirt with a midriff top would flatter you nicely. It'll elongate you -- making you appear thinner -- and draw attention to your smallest area (your waist).

edit: if you're going for a work look, just pair a tailored blazer with the ensemble. Now you have a work look that can quickly change to a girls night out look. You're welcome.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think you have a really lovely figure.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    God made us naked...we should stay naked.... hippies all around :flowerforyou: