Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• youngredheadinva
    Options
    It's hard to lose tummy and thigh weight being so short ._. I'm 5'1/2" .... has anybody here tried the Raspberry Ketone??
  • kndev
    kndev Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 and I'm aiming to lose around 40 pounds. I am also looking for motivation buddies. Feel free to add me :)
  • Lex401
    Lex401 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and started at 170 and am now at 165 my goal weight is 110 feel free to add me :)
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I'm 5'2", currently about 208 (down from a high of 226) and hoping to lose a LOT more. I do sometimes feel like it sucks to be so short - I can't really lose eating more than 1200-1300 a day, which is not so much!
    Even when I'm (hopefully!!) in maintenance mode us short ladies get about 1,600 a day, which also isn't too much!
  • gfrogel
    gfrogel Posts: 14
    Options
    Yay! Short girls :D I'm 4'11 and 160 :o crazy I know, but so far I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks with out having to diet or exercise daily! I love mfp :)
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and working on maintaining around 120-125. At this point I'm really just focused on being a healthier me!! Anyone can add me!
  • inespeters
    inespeters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'1"
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many women on here have target weights under 110 pounds? I had a started weight of 120 pounds which seams to he the goal weight of a lot of people. As an adult I have generally been on the average to light side of a healthy BMI however I have never calorie counted before so I am quite suprised at the diets of other people (not a negative thing, just even before attempting to lose weight I wouldn't have consumed the same amount). I am not promoting low cal diets etc but just curious how women with petite build/under 5"3 can eat close to 2000 cals with what seems to be minimal/average exercise still lose weight quite consistency?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many women on here have target weights under 110 pounds? I had a started weight of 120 pounds which seams to he the goal weight of a lot of people. As an adult I have generally been on the average to light side of a healthy BMI however I have never calorie counted before so I am quite suprised at the diets of other people (not a negative thing, just even before attempting to lose weight I wouldn't have consumed the same amount). I am not promoting low cal diets etc but just curious how women with petite build/under 5"3 can eat close to 2000 cals with what seems to be minimal/average exercise still lose weight quite consistency?

The only women that size who seem to be able to lose on that much are extremely active, younger women who are doing a lot of cardio and strength training. Right now, I'm eating around 1200 (I also "eat back" exercise calories), and I'm just maintaining at this point at 120. If I don't track for a few days, I end up gaining.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and have been off an on here. I'm at 132 right now with a goal weight of 112. I have always been active and into sports, but haven't always been careful about what I eat.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 currently 129lbs and my eventual goal is 112, but by the summer I am hoping to be 119.
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5'1" looking to lose about 50 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am relatively young (well 25) and I am finding people who aren't
  • MimiMedrano
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently weight 144 which is down 37# from my heaviest weight of 181. My goal weight at this point is 135. I could really use some friends on here; feel free to add me.
  • Dooney_Diva
    Options
    I am 5'2 and have lost about 55 pounds. I am looking to lose 46 or so more. According to all the charts, I will still be overweight, but I have a large frame and I think the 150-175 range will work. I am looking for people to help motivate me and keep my butt moving......
  • myecho88
    myecho88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at my highest I was 154, my lowest was 127, I'm looking to get back to that. I'm 148 now I seem to yo-yo up and down. I need to some the extra 20-25 pounds before a surgery. I need the motivation to stay on track and keep going. I'm more than happy to help anyone else stay motivated on their fitness journey. Feel free to add me!
  • sarawalker14
    sarawalker14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10 1/2" and 25 years old (gotta add the half inch! every bit counts!) I am current 162lbs, goal to get back down to 120. About 8 years ago I graduated high school at 92 pounds most of which was all muscle. I have obviously let me self go BUT I am trying to lose some of this "extra lovin'..." Please feel free to add me! Could use some more motivation and I am happy to help motivate others- When I was in the Police Academy I was nicknamed the Class Cheerleader- I guess for the motivation during pt. Keep kickin butt Ladies!

ADD ME if you like!!!
  • winseajg
    winseajg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 , 149lbs. Got really serious about losing weight last month. I've lost a little over 6lbs so far. Highest weight (while not pregnant) is 157lbs and lowest weight after having kids is 124 (100 in high school). My main goal is 115lbs but made my first short goal today by getting out the 150s :D
  • NeoNoGlow
    NeoNoGlow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm just short of 5'3" and weigh 128 lbs. I am new to mfp, but I'm hoping to get down to 118 lbs while gaining a lot of muscle. My heaviest weight has been 137 and at my lightest I was 108. I am just looking to get back to my weight pre-college while toning. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • TheDrunkenBunny
    TheDrunkenBunny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'1" (literally just joined and got my profile set up as well as a first blog entry), and I'm 280 lbs looking to one day get down to 130. Always help to find people who can give support and be a positive inspiration :) Add me if you would like