Most embarassing act at a gym?

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    love this thread.

Last week I smacked my head on the roof while doing chin-ups. I thought it was cut open for sure but luckily no blood.

A little while back I was doing Bulgarian split squats and I wanted to do some heavy ones. I normally use db's but only had to up to 25kg at the time. SO I decided to use a barbell instead. I think I had 70kg on there at the time. I got up to rep 5 and just had a tiny little wobble. I thought to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I lost my balance" BOOM! Sure enough next rep, I went down and had a BIG wobble, centre of balance was off and I was tumbling left. Bar sort of rolled over my neck as I went down and in front of me. Took out a whole heap of old laptops that were sitting next to my power rack. Wish I had it on camera. Would have millions of views on youtube gym fails :laugh:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    During spin class we were spinning quite fast. My long flaired workout paints got caught in the back wheel while we are hovered over the bike spinning away, and before I knew it my pants got so caught up in the wheel to the point they are pulled down past my hips. I couldn't get off the bike as the pants are so embedded in the wheel that I was trapped. The instructor had to get some scissors and cut my pants so I could be separated from the bike. I left the gym in a pair of pants that were less than flattering. At least I had something to cover up my *kitten* as I walked the walk of shame. To this day I have not returned to that location as I left with half my pants stuck in a spin wheel....only I would have this happen, only I.

Oh, and a prior spin class I hopped off to get some water and walking in between spinners I ran into a back wheel and my pants where burned off and my shin was cut raw open. Good times I say...

hahahaha the first one wins hands downs (sorry for your experience) but the second one that's unfortunate because you hurt yourself :(
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    After running 4 miles, I started doing weighted lunges... Fell over flat on my back in front of all the guys lifting.... Layer there for a minute, stood up laughing as they were pointing and laughing and took a bow and went on about my business

haha Im always unbalanced for some reason when i do weighted walking lunges and always fall over haha...now I just do them outside lol
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I completed an entire yoga class in the front row, since I was one of the more advanced students, the instructor had asked me to be in front so the new students could follow. I noticed after class that no one would make eye contact with me. "Your epic wheel and handstand intimidates them," I thought to myself.

NOPE! Turns out there was a sizable hole right in the seat of my pants. I only noticed when I got home, and stated taking the pants off to shower. I put them back on, bent over in front of a mirror and saw the problem: the entire class had basically given me a pelvic exam.

I never went back.

*LMAO* Sorry, it must have been horribly embarrassing, but I can't stop laughing. :))
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    About 8 years ago I was sitting on the leg press with 1k on the carriage and a random thought crossed my mind as I was lowering down.. I started laughing, lost all ability to push the weight.. which made me laugh even harder. So I'm sitting there with a thousand pounds of weight on the machine and not a person in sight to come help pull it off me with the exception of the gym owner, who ended up recruiting the help of a couple shoppers from the grocer next to door to help pry my out of my torture device, the entire time I am just laughing away. I didn't do much walking the next few days after that and to this day I have flashbacks of that every time I sit down on a leg press.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Loud farting squats - classic!
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A few recent ones.

I was planning for a big leg workout and hadn't eaten, so I wolfed down a banana and some yogurt on the way in the gym door. On my last set of squats, I puke on the second rep, but finish. My buddy says I got one more, so I try and have to dump the bar in the cage. Its redicously loud as it hits the stops and I fell forward right into where I had puked. There was one of the female trainers working out in the cage next to us and I look over and she's just staring shaking her head.

Workout parter and I were warming up with some medicine ball throws and bounce passes in a back corner of the gym. Out of the blue a very attractive woman comes jogging between us. Buddy throws a chest pass and it slams into her, knocking her back into me. I catch her under the arms to keep her from hitting the deck and my hands end up in a perfect grope of her boobs. I'm not sure who was more embarrased. After some appologies she walks off and is not out of earshot before my dumbass buddy loudly asks 'Were they real?'
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Two words: *kitten* sweat.

Of course I wipe it off, but getting up between sets and forgetting I left an imprint of my butt there...
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I was deadlifting at an anytime fitness (I had a traveling job so I was always in a different gym at that time). I loaded the bar up to 6 plates and a 25 on each side so everyone at the gym was staring at me. I lifted it and the bar bowed a lot, which is normal with a whippy bar, but when I set the bar back down it didn't straighten back out. It was completely bent and useless. To top that off, when I stood up from setting the weight down, blood started spewing out of my nose and made a huge mess all over the floor. I could see the whites of everyone's eyes as I lumbered off towards the bathroom with my hands over my face.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I was walking and talking back to a friend.

I walked straight into the concert pillars that hold the roof up, split my head and had to get 3 stitches

The pain of it made my eyes water.

I laughed my *kitten* off afterwards
  • DaddyMarbles
    DaddyMarbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was working out at a machine and was apparently doing it wrong. Someone helpfully told me how to do it, but then he stayed there for a little too long looking at me strangely. So he leaves after an uncomfortable period of time, leaving me to wonder what his deal was. It was then that I suddenly looked down and saw a huge dark mark on the crotch of my grey shorts. I'm apparently a huge crotch sweater and grey is probably the worst colour to hide sweat stains. It looked like I had massively peed myself.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I tore something while on a leg press and had to be carried out on a stretcher.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Probably one of my worst. I was so busy talking to my training partner, that unloading the squat rack I failed to notice him not unloading his side. Well after yanking the third 45 off my side the bar popped up, smacking me in the face and knocking me on my *kitten*. (Probably more fell down than got knocked down, but you get the picture.) The noise must have caught everyone's attention in the entire gym, as the bar flipped and hit the ground. And of course my training partner afterwards was literally rolling on the floor laughing.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    It wasn't at the Gym but at the swimming pool. My physio therapist had recommended a break from my normal cardio exercise routines. Her actual words were " no more contact sports - no hockey - no basketball". So after 2 sessions ( 5 weeks per ) I had learned to swim. In the last week of the course the instructors were teaching a few of us the kick turn. The rest of the class was in the shallow end so we would swim to the wall in the deep end and practise - practise - practise. Had all the normal failures - swam head first into the wall at speed, flipped to early and my feet couldn't touch the wall to spring away. Then it happened the perfect turn and a great push off the wall with my legs.

Suddenly my trunks were sliding down my legs, gone. Stop - panic - do a dive to recover the trunks. You want to try something challenging put a pair of wet trunks on while in the deep end of the pool. For some reason my swimming friends now call me "Monty" as in the Full Monty.

Some call me Bob from the multiple Bobs up and down I made while recovering. Needless to say I bought new Smaller trunks the next day! Darn weight loss. I laugh at it now, and it motivation to continue and see if I can lose another pair of trunks.
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    I tried a step aerobics class once, was totally uncoordinated and fell off the step half way through the class. That wasn't so bad, but the instructor stopped the entire class to see if I was OK, that was embarrassing.

Also, never wear light gray pants to Zumba, the butt and groin sweat pattern is not attractive!
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I completed an entire yoga class in the front row, since I was one of the more advanced students, the instructor had asked me to be in front so the new students could follow. I noticed after class that no one would make eye contact with me. "Your epic wheel and handstand intimidates them," I thought to myself.

NOPE! Turns out there was a sizable hole right in the seat of my pants. I only noticed when I got home, and stated taking the pants off to shower. I put them back on, bent over in front of a mirror and saw the problem: the entire class had basically given me a pelvic exam.

I never went back.

*LMAO* Sorry, it must have been horribly embarrassing, but I can't stop laughing. :))

omg!!!! hilarious!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    ^ yah I've done a lot of embarrassing things, but that one sticks out among the many.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Suddenly my trunks were sliding down my legs, gone. Stop - panic - do a dive to recover the trunks. You want to try something challenging put a pair of wet trunks on while in the deep end of the pool. For some reason my swimming friends now call me "Monty" as in the Full Monty.

Some call me Bob from the multiple Bobs up and down I made while recovering. Needless to say I bought new Smaller trunks the next day! Darn weight loss. I laugh at it now, and it motivation to continue and see if I can lose another pair of trunks.

I love this story. Cheers to you losing another pair of trunks.
  • DragonJoe76
    DragonJoe76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One day after lifting weights and then walking the treadmill for a bit, I treated myself to a stay in the sauna before taking a shower. After the shower, I returned to my locker only to learn that I'd forgotten to pack myself a set of clean underwear. No biggie... I'm heading home after the gym, right?

I dress and gather my things. As I'm walking across the locker room, it becomes obvious that my weight loss efforts had gleaned some amount of success as my shorts quickly fall to my ankles, in front of everybody.

Not a major issue as I was still in the men's locker room and, although I'm not the type to draw attention to myself (normally) I'm not a towel-dancer or one who showers in his underwear. The laughing and cat-calls were embarrassing then, but funny now when I think back on the situation.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Went to a gym class today, and there were about 5 other people in it. At one point we were laying on our backs with our feet in the air, holding an exercise ball between our feet. We had to move the ball around in a circle above our heads, so of course I drop mine straight onto my face, and it bounced off and rolled into the main gym into someone using the resistance machines.
    Only the trainer found it funny.
    Super awkward.