do you leave your diary open?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• blairella15
    Options
    Mine is open =) anyone can add me blairella15 I love to get ideas on what to eat from other friends
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hmmm perhaps I'll open mine. I stay on the atkins plan for health reasons. Maybe I'll open it and see if hate messages pour in. Something tells me people don't care that much!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Look if you want. Esp. If you're vegetarian and curious. I have lost a size, but have yet to weigh myself.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open because I know that me and a few of my friends tend to stalk each other's diaries when we need some new food ideas. Frankly, I intend to stalk some of you all right now since my friends have been eating boring lately. Lol
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I find it provides a sense of accountability. Also, I like to cook a lot so I love it when people ask me about what I'm making. :)
  • tmitchellh
    tmitchellh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine is closed, but I mainly use it for my personal tracking not to get opinions from others. I would open it if I wondered why I can't lose that last 5 lbs, etc. I only occasionally get on the boards if I am looking for info on something specific like fitness trackers such as fitbit, etc. etc.
  • smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had to close mine to every one but friends. I made a post to help a MFP friend out and everyone stalked my diary and made comments about not listening to me because I ate so little calories. But what they weren't paying attention to is my MFP calorie goal is only like 1300 so my eating 900-1000 was meeting their CICO b/s. Now only my friends can see it.
    8821225.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I leave it open. I see no reason to close it. If someone comments on my style of eating, have at it. I'm always up for a healthy discussion.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Dredging up this old topic because I need some new friends with open diaries. If your diary is open and you want to share food ideas, add me!
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    I have no problem leaving it open
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Mine is private. Right now I am shooting for calorie and protein goals but I don't always make the healthiest choices. I thought it might keep me honest if I didn't feel inhibited thinking others might judge it. Now I see a lot of people have their's open. I do have one friend on here that I know in real life. I don't have any recipes or tips anyone could follow.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Haven't had any bad comments yet.
    I also look at friend's diaries if they are open. If they eat under a 1000 I might ask if they were ill or what not? I'm not mean about it. Also I like seeing different options. I don't eat the same things all the time. I've even upped my calories within my weight loss when MFP dropped me to 1420. My BMR is 1576. At least one of my friends saw how that worked for me and has done similar. So I feel good about possibly influencing others.
  • splashtree2
    Options
    I keep mine open, generally you are more accountable and is OK to give an idea to others as well, I look in other diaries to encourage or to correct if I think I should.