Should I be offended?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Funny, though maybe not funny enough to bother posting.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    #firstworldproblem
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    He only volunteered because he heard they have great free food.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't get you guys. People come on here complaining about being treated differently because they are fatter, thinner, taller, etc. and you are all.....Oh you poor thing.....That's so awful....They are insensitive jerks.....let us at em..............I come on discussing being treated differently because I am stronger and it's all some big joke. Why is it ok for one and not the other. Do I feel less because I am a strong man?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS get offended when people ask me to sit on the suitcase so they can get it closed.

F***ers.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    So would you have been offended if they initially assigned that job to you?

I don't know how I feel about this thread, it makes me queasy.

Help the needy and don't whine, but that's just my opinion.

Edited for grammar, I like wine.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Also, were the stickers animal shaped? I would have put up a fuss for sure if they were. I like animal stickers.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    wow just wow
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I always have to change the water cooler bottle at my work. Now I'm offended those a-holes think I'm not a delicate little flower incapable of lifting anything more than a file folder.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I come on discussing being treated differently because I am stronger and it's all some big joke. Why is it ok for one and not the other. Do I feel less because I am a strong man?

You take offense to being labeled as stronger? Would you have the same aversion to being labeled as "weak"?
    Would you have whined as much as you are if they pulled you from heavy lifting and asked you to play with stickers instead?
    Not asking you to "feel" less because you are strong....but you may want to "feel less" in general if this is the kind of things that hurt your little feelers. Really?! I can't take you even 1 little bit serious :indifferent:
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Why are you referring to serving your community sentence as "volunteer work"? ;-)

BWAAHAAAHAAA! :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    What were you wearing??
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No you should not be offended and I would not complain.... if your the one who Volunteered???
  • jigsawxyouth
    Options
    I don't get you guys. People come on here complaining about being treated differently because they are fatter, thinner, taller, etc. and you are all.....Oh you poor thing.....That's so awful....They are insensitive jerks.....let us at em..............I come on discussing being treated differently because I am stronger and it's all some big joke. Why is it ok for one and not the other. Do I feel less because I am a strong man?

You're complaining about being singled out to HELP at a FOOD BANK...
    Somewhere that people, who are OBVIOUSLY less fortunate than yourself, go to.
    You're going to come on here and complain about that when there are people who can't even walk?
    And that itself isn't a joke, you are.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you truely are butt hurt over this deal...Don't complain,walk away and let someone else will volunteer that is not so sensitive
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options

You don't feel less for being a strong man.

But you weren't made to feel bad about your strength. You weren't ridiculed or put down. You weren't insulted or slighted, or picked last, or made to stand in the corning.

There is NOTHING BAD about the situation you described.

This is FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT than other MFP users venting about how they are treated.

K?
  • jigsawxyouth
    Options
    If you truely are butt hurt over this deal...Don't complain,walk away and let someone else will volunteer that is not so sensitive

But the OP keeps tossing around what a "strong man" he is...
    He himself is saying how strong he is...
    However, he's going to be upset that he was asked to do *GASP* manual labor?!?!
    The NERVE of the food bank not having 70 year old Grandma Jenkins lift heavy boxes.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

But the OP keeps tossing around what a "strong man" he is...
    He himself is saying how strong he is...
    However, he's going to be upset that he was asked to do *GASP* manual labor?!?!
    The NERVE of the food bank not having 70 year old Grandma Jenkins lift heavy boxes.

Isn't that being sexist of them?
    Grandma better hit the gym!:angry:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    I come on discussing being treated differently because I am stronger and it's all some big joke. Why is it ok for one and not the other. Do I feel less because I am a strong man?

You take offense to being labeled as stronger? Would you have the same aversion to being labeled as "weak"?
    Would you have whined as much as you are if they pulled you from heavy lifting and asked you to play with stickers instead?

Yes. I probably would have been more offended that way.....but the point is any change in the way I am treated based solely upon my body doesn't seem right to me.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

This is FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT than other MFP users venting about how they are treated.

K?

oh really? How so? Please help me understand because it seems pretty similar to me. I'm not going to make certain analogies because I don't want this to get locked, but is increased manual labor a privilege? Is being called out and isolated because of the way your body looks a privilege? Which part should I be celebrating exactly?